Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done today during lockdown?  (Read 70446 times)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done today during lockdown?
« Reply #360 on: 19 June 2020, 13:35:25 »

Potterton's had problems with pcbs a while ago - I think we had 2 or 3 in 3 years and then no problems for last 11 years with same potterton boiler.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 19 June 2020, 13:39:10 »

Just had a Vaillant boiler installed as part of full ch system in the house in Ashton. Boiler lives in bathroom. Went for Vaillant as the guy who does our gas stuff is one of their master tech people. Just having the bathroom tarted up and some boxing in of boiler trying to retain Edwardian features!

Meantime 2 joiners here in not so sunny Sandhurst for the duration fitting 17 oak doors.
When you said you'd taken delivery of 17 doors, I didn't like to ask who/what they were for. That must be some house you've got, Phil. Don't be looking down your nose at our little dolls houses when you come up next month  :P  ;D

Looking forward to Barnsley - 13 years since I was last there to pick up the Signum 1.9 cdti

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 19 June 2020, 14:09:23 »

This lot lives under my boiler in a 2' x 2' space  ;D

Does that include the table and chairs? :-[ ;)

STEMO

« Reply #363 on: 19 June 2020, 14:33:18 »

Of course, they come to bits  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 19 June 2020, 15:27:51 »

Potterton's had problems with pcbs a while ago - I think we had 2 or 3 in 3 years and then no problems for last 11 years with same potterton boiler.
The Suprima did get a "completely redesigned reliable" upgrade to its PCB, which according to the tinterweb is every bit as junk as the earlier ones, only more expensive ;D

I am going to have to bite the bullet soon, as the PCB on mine is on its last legs, and starts disintegrating every time it needs resoldering.
Grumpy old man

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 19 June 2020, 16:06:14 »

The Suprima did get a "completely redesigned reliable" upgrade to its PCB, which according to the tinterweb is every bit as junk as the earlier ones, only more expensive ;D

I am going to have to bite the bullet soon, as the PCB on mine is on its last legs, and starts disintegrating every time it needs resoldering.

At £35 for a refurb potterton  pcb and £95 for new it is not the high rice we were dealing with 15 years ago

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 19 June 2020, 20:50:43 »

At £35 for a refurb potterton  pcb and £95 for new it is not the high rice we were dealing with 15 years ago
Can't find them at that price from any reputable supplier, about £250 is about cheapest for new.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 19 June 2020, 20:59:27 »

Can't find them at that price from any reputable supplier, about £250 is about cheapest for new.

the heat exchange clicky OR  if you want cheaper clicky   :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 19 June 2020, 21:02:53 »

First link is around the same price I've found them for, second is obviously eBay, so no chance - I don't want a half arsed badly refurbed sold as new ;)
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 19 June 2020, 21:34:37 »

First link is around the same price I've found them for, second is obviously eBay, so no chance - I don't want a half arsed badly refurbed sold as new ;)
I've used the heat exchange for heating parts for probably 25 + years with no issues and reasonable prices and excellent service  ;)
I've brought tat off ebay  with no issues and at reasonable prices  ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 19 June 2020, 21:34:51 »

Of course, they come to bits  ;D

Never mind that, sunscreen?! In Barnsley Wakefield?! I never had you down as such a rampant optimist!

STEMO

« Reply #371 on: 19 June 2020, 21:38:10 »

That's probably solidified in the bottle. Haven't got a clue when we bought that.  ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 19 June 2020, 21:41:28 »

So is the "HOME" ornament to remind you where you are?? ::) ;D ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 19 June 2020, 21:49:33 »

So is the "HOME" ornament to remind you where you are?? ::) ;D ;D
To remind him not to pocket everything as he walks round the house 
which is where the sun cream probably came from   ;D

STEMO

« Reply #374 on: 19 June 2020, 22:14:11 »

Scouseism alert! I'm off to pull a statue down  >:(
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 42   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.