Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Project Markie2 is coming.....later tonight  (Read 1475 times)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Project Markie2 is coming.....later tonight
« on: 20 September 2006, 11:16:54 »

Details cant be divulged at the moment ( for no other reason than to sound like ronnie)

2.5 manualrequiring small amount of  work for an mot - NO Engine issues or gerarbox issues at all and at my purchase price its going to make money as a break or as a fix.

More to follow including pics ......oh and its black  8-)
« Last Edit: 20 September 2006, 11:17:39 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Project Markie2 is coming.....later tonight
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2006, 11:36:20 »

Sounds interesting....
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2006, 11:44:19 »

We await with baited breath.....
I like red cars

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2006, 12:34:25 »

Well dont hold your breath guys.

This was a car i watched on ebay - went too high and i didnt bid, i had concerns about the bidding activity - lots of 0 rated bidders and a crazy price of £550 for a non mot 2.5v6 reflection on 132000 miles - i am sure you would all agree thats a "no thanks"

I saw on Monday it was relisted - and contacted the seller - who surprise surprise hadnt managed to sell it first time round. They were happy to accept a cut price deal to get rid of the car outwith ebay.

Then mysteriously the price of the car on ebay shot up and up and up and the deal went off at their call. Again i suspected they were trying to squeeze me. Not having any of it though and that was that.

Then strange as it seems last night - 1 hour after tha auction ends (again to a 0 rated bidder on a "private auction") I get an email asking if i still wanted the car at the price we agreed!!!

Hmmmm your offering me a car that sold 1 hour ago on  ebay at half the ebay price - i guess again the winning bidder was your mate or something.

So as its not far away but smelling a rat, i agreed to buy at £250. Deliver tonight etc etc.

Then.......... :o

i get a long accusatory rant from the seller - after negotiating all morning on the where and whens etc. Calling me a cheat and a liar and not liking the ebay account i have ( 750 feedback and 99.2%) this coming from a 7 feedback.

I should point out this seller works for a blue chip company and has used said blue chip corporate email to communicate through.
The tone was for some reason very sour and ended with " good luck with your life you need it and your very sad", also calling me a liar and didnt like the way i negotiated and haggled a deal ( then why agree in the first place? )
This chain pingponged about 8 - 12 emails with her conduct getting gradually worse.

So deal off and i wont resurrect however i accidentally replied telling them i was disgusted with the tone and content of the email and accidentally included their head office email address for whoever to view it.

There was simply no need for the seller to attack me like that.

Not Happy  >:(
« Last Edit: 20 September 2006, 12:49:24 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2006, 12:39:43 »

Well, there are plenty more fish in the sea....or Omegas in 'the bay' ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2006, 13:02:11 »

Sorry to hear about that Markie, but as DTM says loads more out there.

I went for loads on eBay but never got them for various reasons, just walk away and keep looking.

Chin up m8  :)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2006, 13:04:12 »

Sorry to hear about that Markie, but as DTM says loads more out there.

I went for loads on eBay but never got them for various reasons, just walk away and keep looking.

Chin up m8  :)

im fine with it tunnie - if a deal is off i can live with that.
What i can tlive with is some one sending mindless personal attacks and false accusations to my email.

Anyway if i was to use my company email in that way its gross misconduct as i am representing my company. So her company is now aware of the whole email chain.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 September 2006, 13:23:13 »

an aside to this, i can take some people selling a car then being offended by the fact it may be broken - but that sellers reaction was verging on illegal.

To avoid thi son future i have a new ebay account for buying cars and any sales or personal transactions will go on my markie ebay account. I think a few of the guys work in this way on here..... ::)

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2006, 15:13:56 »

The Internet is fun when you want the drama, but sucks when you don't.  Either way, the drama is always there, although apparently less than in the 'old days'.  I used ebay for the first time this summer, but only one of those fixed-price got-tons-on-the-shelf deals.  Not that I'm against ebay, but things like that give other people too much power to piss you off IMO.

It sucks to be on the receiving end, but in my experience if people are happy then they don't lash out at others.  If they do lash out at others, the topic is usually some insecurity of theirs.

psychobabble/off
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.