Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I feel sorry for Jim Bowen  (Read 1091 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
I feel sorry for Jim Bowen
« on: 15 March 2018, 15:49:15 »

Any other day he might have received more coverage when he dropped off the perch.

The news started with 10 minutes on Mr Hawking's life and death. There was then a brief 10 second slot about and old boy who only knew three words, those words being  Super...smashing...great. There then followed another 10 minutes on Stephen Hawking.

Never mind, Jim. Life can be so unfair. ;) :D

« Last Edit: 15 March 2018, 15:52:19 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

STEMO

Re: I feel sorry for Jim Bowen
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2018, 16:23:08 »

I read in a headline somewhere "Comic genius Jim Bowen dies". That's the trouble with superlatives, they get used so often that they become meaningless. If you read the headlines about Jim Bowen and Ken Dodd, they were both comic geniuses. I don't think so, Jim, sorry.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2018, 16:52:02 »

I read in a headline somewhere "Comic genius Jim Bowen dies". That's the trouble with superlatives, they get used so often that they become meaningless. If you read the headlines about Jim Bowen and Ken Dodd, they were both comic geniuses. I don't think so, Jim, sorry.

I think it was quite selfish on Stephen Hawking's part to pick the very same day to die as poor old Jim Bowen. I mean, being an authority on space and time he would have known to the second when Jim would drop. :)

He probably reasoned that JB wouldn't be much competition on the BBC news. Now if Trump had died on the same day, poisoned by Putin, it would have been different. :)

« Last Edit: 15 March 2018, 16:56:38 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2018, 17:11:29 »

Istr Mother Theresa died the day after Diana, and thus hardly got a mention. Ordinarily it would have been non stop for days on end.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2018, 17:11:58 »

I think it was quite selfish on Stephen Hawking's part to pick the very same day to die as poor old Jim Bowen. I mean, being an authority on space and time he would have known to the second when Jim would drop. :)

He probably reasoned that JB wouldn't be much competition on the BBC news. Now if Trump had died on the same day, poisoned by Putin, it would have been different. :)
You can't poison Donald without poisoning half of New York. He eats burgers from fast food chains so that no one knows which burger is his. Can't see why he's so paranoid meself.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2018, 17:13:02 »

Istr Mother Theresa died the day after Diana, and thus hardly got a mention. Ordinarily it would have been non stop for days on end.
They cancelled the Newcastle v Liverpool match the day Diana died so, she too, was very inconsiderate.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 March 2018, 17:19:01 »

Exactly......I feel a conspiracy theory forming. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 March 2018, 17:20:18 »

They cancelled the Newcastle v Liverpool match the day Diana died so, she too, was very inconsiderate.

Liverpool would have lost 3-0. Down to ten men because Carragher  was sent off  for spitting.

Diana did you a favour.
« Last Edit: 15 March 2018, 17:23:11 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 March 2018, 18:37:55 »

Any other day he might have received more coverage when he dropped off the perch.

The news started with 10 minutes on Mr Hawking's life and death. There was then a brief 10 second slot about and old boy who only knew three words, those words being  Super...smashing...great. There then followed another 10 minutes on Stephen Hawking.

Never mind, Jim. Life can be so unfair. ;) :D
Look at what he could have won with better timing !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.