Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Customer Service  (Read 2473 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Customer Service
« on: 10 July 2020, 22:06:44 »

I am still stuck in the good old UK.

Anyone else noticed that customer service seems to have gone back 30 years under the Covid19 excuse. No idea when your order will be fulfilled or when it will arrive. Amazon prime only works next day for items they consider urgent. Everything else comes later to suit them.

Now more shops are open, has anyone been marshalled on dots or lines? Or heard staff barking at folk straying from protocol?

I am trying to renew my passport but passport office cannot cope with demand. No face to face applications, cannot give a date when it will be fulfilled as service level agreements have been suspended.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2020, 22:44:52 »

Delivery wise ,it seems to take an extra day or so for the royal fail to deliver
the signed for parcels just get dumped on the door step ,postie rungs the bell and runs off before anyone gets to the door  ;D
so no doubt many parcels will be stolen  >:(

I stay 2 metre away from people in shops etc ,but people often invade my space and need a reminder  >:( shop staff don't seem to care about enforcement 

phoning to order parts and materials is a mixed bag ,some people are helpful, some people CBA ,mumble covid 19 ,end the call  ::)

doctors seem good at the new online form filling diagnosis etc but CBA if you need to actually see one ,one doc sent one of my elderly relatives to the hospital for a blood test because they no longer take blood or do blood tests at the surgery  :o

so it seems some people are working hard and provide good service and go above and beyond what you'd expect  , some people CBA and when the free cash handouts end,so will their jobs ,but they will get more cash handouts then  :P

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2020, 22:47:50 »

I ordered some bits for the V70 from ebay and they turned up the next day.  :y

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2020, 23:07:01 »

Bro did his online. Took less than a week to arrive.

You aren't in Brackers are you?  ::)

Magical mystery trails to get into shops is a complete ballache, especially if you are buying a couple of bits or trying to select a something that you need to see first... Online is great for some stuff, but you'd never buy a toilet seat blind... for example. I hate shopping at the best of times, and this hasn't helped. At all.

The Amazon thing isn't news, in the States and Euroland, unless it is essential, you have to wait. Either accept this or buy elsewhere. Sheer volume and shortage of processing and delivery staff don't help.

Government bureaucracy gets worse as the focus is clearly elsewhere. Took nearly eight weeks to get a V5, and  as I raised a lost/missing complaint a week before it arrived, I received a duplicate last week ;D original was only requested at beginning of April, and then only because I gave the dickhead dealer that I bought the car from completely failed to register it online (it was taxed and insured before he had written the receipt  :-X).

I could kick off and complain about how crap the DVLA are, but it's not news and doesn't actually achieve anything. And in the scheme of things, even getting a Doctors appointment is a doddle, and I don't have to leave the house for it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2020, 16:41:47 »

All I know is that Amazon Prime is delivering everything I order the next day, in fact even just hours after I placed the order.

I have used Screwfix a lot recently, ordering and paying on-line and picking up the goods within the hour at most, with great friendly Customer Service and no close contact with a human.

I bought a Mira shower on line, and it was delivered within two days.

At Sainsbury's it is rare to face queues now, and if I do it is only 10 or so people long, going in via a one way system.  Inside social distancing is working well, buty I use Smart Shop, scanning all my purchases as I go, loading the trolley, then entering all via the scanner, paying with a card, and never coming into contact with another human.

In Boots you walk in via a one way entrance, place your product in a basket, then pay at a protected checkout with a card.

I buy my fuel at Sainsbury's, at a pump where you pay by card, get a receipt, and go without, yet again, any human contact.

So, I am not certainly not encountering any problems. :D ;)

PS I forgot Littlewoods who deliver next day via Yodel :D
« Last Edit: 11 July 2020, 16:45:06 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2020, 17:43:57 »

All I know is that Amazon Prime is delivering everything I order the next day, in fact even just hours after I placed the order.

I have used Screwfix a lot recently, ordering and paying on-line and picking up the goods within the hour at most, with great friendly Customer Service and no close contact with a human.

At Sainsbury's it is rare to face queues now, and if I do it is only 10 or so people long, going in via a one way system.  Inside social distancing is working well, buty I use Smart Shop, scanning all my purchases as I go, loading the trolley, then entering all via the scanner, paying with a card, and never coming into contact with another human.

In Boots you walk in via a one way entrance, place your product in a basket, then pay at a protected checkout with a card.

I buy my fuel at Sainsbury's, at a pump where you pay by card, get a receipt, and go without, yet again, any human contact.

Did you find customer service better during the war years, Lizzie?..... :) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 July 2020, 20:05:28 »

I have used Screwfix a lot recently, ordering and paying on-line and picking up the goods woithin the hour at most, with great friendly Customer Service and no close contact with a human.

Did you find customer service better during the war years, Lizzie?..... :) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

No Opti.  Had to queue for sometimes hours to get a measly ration of food, and that was if the shop was still there. During queuing though the siren would sound as yet another wave of German aircraft approached to try and ensure we didn’t need the shopping tomorrow, so we had to scatter to our shelter.  Bloody awful service that was! >:( >:(

The spivs often knocked on your door trying to sell knock off which was often rubbish and expensive. Sometimes a friend of a friend would have knock off from the docks, but that service could never be gauranteed. As for ordering via the telephone, well we didn’t have one, let alone having an on-line facility whatever that is! ::) ::)

I am answering the question as my East End grandmother  would have done you understand :D :D
« Last Edit: 11 July 2020, 20:11:40 by Lizzie Zoom »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 July 2020, 22:36:45 »

The reason there are no queues at my local Sainsburys is because by about mid afternoon they've run out of loads of items. Also, they don't refill shelves until the store closes in some cases. Compared to the other main supermarkets in town, they've been very poor in maintaining supplies.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 July 2020, 16:36:08 »

Can't understand you're passport problem , I got my nice new blue one last Tuesday which took 10 days from start to finish .

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 July 2020, 20:45:58 »

Can't understand you're passport problem , I got my nice new blue one last Tuesday which took 10 days from start to finish .

As mine expires end of August, I took the plunge and applied online on the 3rd July. I have rung them several times over the last few months and each time been told they cannot give a time scale for receiving a new one due to CV19. I had intended renewing when(if?) I ever manage to go home however I need to get going this month for a variety of reasons. As advised , I included a supporting letter with my passport , sent recorded delivery, explaining why I need to get back home.

The new beta tracking system of your application is great except it showed nothing happening despite sending my old passport by recorded delivery. So rang them on Friday 10th and got someone in their home office that fobbed me off. She did say that she would get someone to ring me back within 48 hours. That hasn't happened of course. However today " old passport  received 10:08am on 12 July 2020". Application so far  9 days. I will let you know if it arrives tomorrow....
« Last Edit: 12 July 2020, 20:49:38 by Varche »
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2020, 12:17:05 »

I've been trying to get through to Barclays business banking.
I pay £6.50 a month.  Surely that would employ someone to answer the oppsing phone.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2020, 12:26:02 »

Best thing you can do with Barclays is to move your account. Of course, if you owe them anything, then they won't let you close it.  :-X

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2020, 13:10:14 »

... Of course, if you owe them anything, then they won't let you close it.  :-X

It took some determination to close a Barclay's credit card account that I'd not used in years!  ??? ???

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 July 2020, 13:14:14 »

... Of course, if you owe them anything, then they won't let you close it.  :-X

It took some determination to close a Barclay's credit card account that I'd not used in years!  ??? ???
Indeed, God forbid that you should dare NOT to be enslaved to them ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 July 2020, 07:15:30 »

Passport arrived after three weeks and numerous phone calls and supporting material as to why it was now urgent.

400,000 backlog? I would have thought they do about 300,000 a month normally?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.