Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just 6 Omega’s on autotrader....  (Read 7206 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Just 6 Omega’s on autotrader....
« Reply #15 on: 24 July 2018, 22:05:13 »

It look as though a lot of wealth is coming our way. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 July 2018, 22:51:36 »

Maybe I should stop using my Beemer as a mobile skip!  ???  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 July 2018, 23:14:04 »

Well, 9 technically but 2 have sold and one is a limo version.

Just 6 standard ones on there, can remember a time with 100’s listed.  :(

The same time as this place had more posts in a day than it does in a month now. Inevitable Im afraid.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 July 2018, 23:26:24 »

Well, 9 technically but 2 have sold and one is a limo version.

Just 6 standard ones on there, can remember a time with 100’s listed.  :(

The same time as this place had more posts in a day than it does in a month now. Inevitable Im afraid.  :(

Yes, sad times ahead  :(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 July 2018, 23:34:26 »

Sad times for you young man. By the time electric cars are the only option I will be brown bread.  ;D
Five litre V8 Merc next time for me - hopefully.  :)

It is a shame about the demise of Vauxhall though. At least in years to come we will be able to look back on the fact that we were owners of the last decent car they ever made.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 25 July 2018, 06:54:30 »

Sad times for you young man. By the time electric cars are the only option I will be brown bread.  ;D

It is a shame about the demise of Vauxhall though. At least in years to come we will be able to look back on the fact that we were owners of the last decent car they ever made.  :y
Yes indeed, the astra is a fine car.  ;D

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 July 2018, 07:53:09 »

According to honest John the omega is predicted to be one of 10 future classics from the 90s including the Volvo 850 T5R, MGF and Citroen XM.
Pmacca, living the dream since 1995

aaronjb

« Reply #22 on: 25 July 2018, 08:45:44 »

On Autotrader.

3 x BMW 530d E39 Touring  :y

23 x Ford Mondeo (Mk4) 2.2 TDCi Titanium X Hatchback  :-\

On Ebay.

1 x BMW 530d E39 Touring!   :y

20 x Mundanos  :)

I was looking at Autotrader yesterday, pondering replacing the Skoda and getting out of the finance early and taking a bit of a bath.. I noticed that most (probably 80-90%) of the E60 5 series were diesel rather than petrol, and given the way things are going I think I'd much rather have a petrol one.. maybe not the 545i though, don't need two cars with weak valve stem seals and "b*stard pipes" through the middle of the Vee that might break and cost me thousands ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 July 2018, 09:11:57 »

I do fancy a V8 at some point, miles wise this is my best time to get one, but with 3.2 running so well don't want to change.

I was thinking e39 540i, but they hold a premium. Then I also watched a video on how to change rear shocks.  :o :o :o

Drove back yesterday thinking how well 3.2 ticks all my requirements, might even consider B4's all around when shocks need replacing.  :o

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 July 2018, 09:21:01 »

According to honest John the omega is predicted to be one of 10 future classics from the 90s including the Volvo 850 T5R, MGF and Citroen XM.

Great.
I think.

What does future classic actually mean though? XMs have already disappeared from the streets, MGF prices are dropping like a stone(they're at the dangerous point where a halfway decent one is worth pennies as parts and even less as a car) and the T5R are the only big Volvos that are worth anything. Omegas have never had the image to make them anything other than cheap to buy used(used up these days) but still expensive to own.

They're going to be classics in the same way that a Cresta or Vx4/90 is: I haven't seen one of those for ages, but let's look at the Berkeley parked next to it.

aaronjb

« Reply #25 on: 25 July 2018, 09:40:22 »

I do fancy a V8 at some point, miles wise this is my best time to get one, but with 3.2 running so well don't want to change.

I was thinking e39 540i, but they hold a premium. Then I also watched a video on how to change rear shocks.  :o :o :o

Drove back yesterday thinking how well 3.2 ticks all my requirements, might even consider B4's all around when shocks need replacing.  :o

Go big or go home, Mark.. BMW M5 twin turbo V8 (F10) or E60 V10 are clearly the only choices for a man about town such as yourself ;)

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/m5/bmw-5-series-e60-e61-m5-2006/7042696

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 25 July 2018, 09:41:36 »

Great.
I think.

What does future classic actually mean though? XMs have already disappeared from the streets, MGF prices are dropping like a stone(they're at the dangerous point where a halfway decent one is worth pennies as parts and even less as a car) and the T5R are the only big Volvos that are worth anything. Omegas have never had the image to make them anything other than cheap to buy used(used up these days) but still expensive to own.

They're going to be classics in the same way that a Cresta or Vx4/90 is: I haven't seen one of those for ages, but let's look at the Berkeley parked next to it.

I think Honest John may simply be deluded.. I mean, give it 10 years and there won't be any MGFs left to be classics! They'll all have been scrapped due to the inevitable K series failure. (And I have a soft spot for them - I still think they're a decent looking car, though I prefer the TF)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 July 2018, 09:47:22 »

I have exactly the same problem. My 3.2 is so nice I really don't want to change it for some time yet. It really is a great car and I know I will regret getting rid of it when the time comes.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 July 2018, 09:58:27 »

I have exactly the same problem. My 3.2 is so nice I really don't want to change it for some time yet. It really is a great car and I know I will regret getting rid of it when the time comes.

Yup same  :y

Problem is, once upon a time you could sell a 3.2 and pick another one up at any time you wanted, with a variety of MV6 or Elite ones to choose from. So you could scratch that V8 ich, but now decent ones are hard to come by and need to hold onto decent examples.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 July 2018, 10:23:22 »

Citroen XM a classic?

He means Citroen SM, surely.

I'd love one. :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.