Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lumpy idle and stalling  (Read 4347 times)

Undiscovered

• Shropshire
    • Omega V6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Lumpy idle and stalling
« Reply #15 on: 07 August 2019, 18:20:57 »

Spoke to the garage and the old sensor was a Bosch.
Not sure what it was replaced with (mech is on holiday) but it defo wouldn't be Bosch. Part cost is way too low.
So, will source a Bosch crank sensor and see where we go. Seen some on Ebay and Amazon tho may just go to local Vauxhall dealer.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 August 2019, 18:58:56 »

A 19 is bad news on these.

A 3.0l sensor from a dealer on Tradeclub is about £50.  Personally, I *ALWAYS* carry a spare crank sensor in the boot, which has saved me the hassle of having to arrange a tow in the past.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 August 2019, 19:40:03 »

Spoke to the garage and the old sensor was a Bosch.
Not sure what it was replaced with (mech is on holiday) but it defo wouldn't be Bosch. Part cost is way too low.
So, will source a Bosch crank sensor and see where we go. Seen some on Ebay and Amazon tho may just go to local Vauxhall dealer.
Go to a genuine Vauxhall dealer that you genuinely have to walk into in order to buy your replacement. Anything else will be a further waste of time/money ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 August 2019, 20:19:35 »

^^^^^^ I agree with the above it’s hard to trust any of the so called genuine sellers these days.
Laying a rubber road.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 August 2019, 14:07:43 »

Assuming you have a local Vauxhall dealer that still does parts then phone first. If this sensor was not carried over to another vehicle after the Omega ceased production then it will be obsolete and unlikely to be still stocked. Vauxhall discontinued any remaining Omega unique parts well over a year ago. Anything left was sold off to whomsoever would have it. But you might strike lucky and find one still in stock or it might be available special order from Germany.

Regardless of where you get it, the part you need should be marked on the head with the Bosch logo and the number '0 261 210 131'.
It may or may not also have a GM logo. These parts might additionally be marked 90494182 which is the internal factory assembly number.
The GM Opel/Vauxhall aftermarket part number actually used to identify and buy the sensor is 90540743.

Other parts that have a GM logo and are marked with part number '90 492 061' won't work reliably. These are 540Ω as opposed to the Bosch's 860Ω. These require an earlier revision of the Motronic ECU.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2019, 14:09:37 by Enceladus »

Undiscovered

• Shropshire
    • Omega V6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 August 2019, 13:28:53 »

Popped in yesterday to the local dealer.. The part is now on order from Germany n will be here in 7-10days. when it arrives, I'll have a word with the mech and hopefully he'll pop out n fit it for me.

It's V009050743, which I assume is the same as the GM part. Chap at the counter said it was.
Oddly they don't do trade club any more, but he knocked off 10% anyway.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 August 2019, 17:07:57 »

More and more dealers are pulling out of the Trade Club scheme, so I'm not surprised. And in any event since this part is now special order from Germany, it has likely dropped off the TC scheme.
The part-number looks good.
How much did you have to pay?

Undiscovered

• Shropshire
    • Omega V6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 August 2019, 11:42:40 »

£80 inc VAT.
The incorrect sensor was half that, and even that took three days to source. It's one if them things that, unless you have specific knowledge, you'd never think. Which is why main dealers charge so much... I trust my mechanic- he's seen me right in the past.

Undiscovered

• Shropshire
    • Omega V6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 August 2019, 18:25:42 »

Well, sensor replaced yesterday and everything seems fine.
Drove it for a few local miles, just in case, to bring it up to temp. Hopefully, that's the issue cured.
Have to say, my mechanic was very sceptical that the sensor was at fault.

I have noticed tho that, the date keeps resetting back to 2000 on switching ignition on. Time is fine.
Will this cure itself once ecu clears the fault code?

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 August 2019, 19:23:30 »

Drove it for a few local miles, just in case, to bring it up to temp. Hopefully, that's the issue cured.

I have noticed tho that, the date keeps resetting back to 2000 on switching ignition on. Time is fine.

Which is why the accumulated wisdom on here is worth listening to. :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 August 2019, 21:33:07 »

I can't imagine why, as fitting a genuine crank sensor bought over the counter at a main dealer is SOP for any marque.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 August 2019, 14:52:41 »

Did you retrieve the 'faulty' sensor? If yes, then please post up a picture of the numbers on the head? So we can all see what doesn't work.

As to the date issue. That can't have anything to do with engine fault codes. Try tuning to a national BBC station and then switching off RDS for a minute and then switching it on again. User Drewomega seems to have a similar issue. See the Electrical and Audio Help sub-forum.

And are you saying that you still have a fault code? What codes are still present and does the EML stay illuminated when the engine is started?

Undiscovered

• Shropshire
    • Omega V6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 August 2019, 20:54:38 »

No, no fault codes now.
Filled her up with decent fuel n want out for a good long drive yesterday. Engine is fine and running perfectly, which is a massive relief.
I'm not sure what the incorrect sensor looked like- the new Vauxhall one has the same code stamped on it as mentioned in an earlier post, but is made in Romania, rather than Germany.
As for the time constantly resetting, I'm sure it'll sort itself in the end.

Huge thanks to everyone who has provided advice and help over the past few weeks. It is very much appreciated.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 August 2019, 16:36:42 »

No, no fault codes now.
Filled her up with decent fuel n want out for a good long drive yesterday. Engine is fine and running perfectly, which is a massive relief.
I'm not sure what the incorrect sensor looked like- the new Vauxhall one has the same code stamped on it as mentioned in an earlier post, but is made in Romania, rather than Germany.
As for the time constantly resetting, I'm sure it'll sort itself in the end.

Huge thanks to everyone who has provided advice and help over the past few weeks. It is very much appreciated.

Call me a cynic, but, on the rare occasions I need garage assistance, and depending on the work required, I often ask them to put the faulty item(s) in the boot, (unless it's a donk change ::)), as I like to see why it/they needed changing. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 August 2019, 17:09:45 »

There is a lot of fake big brand items out there. And fake sensors are known to be extremely problematic in Omegas.  Hence the advice to walk into a Vauxhall/Opel franchised dealer to get the real part.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.