Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3020963 times)

STEMO

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #16125 on: 26 April 2018, 19:58:17 »

In my experience, the first ding is the most upsetting. Subsequent ones don't seem so bad and, once you've got three or four, you hardly notice them multiplying.

Have I cheered you up?  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16126 on: 26 April 2018, 20:16:54 »

In my experience, the first ding is the most upsetting. Subsequent ones don't seem so bad and, once you've got three or four, you hardly notice them multiplying.

One benefit of owning a £3-400 car is that it neither matters nor shows ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16127 on: 27 April 2018, 10:32:56 »

Noticed one of Mrs. KW's alloys has been comprehensively f**ked by a pot hole. Naturally, it's the one that I replaced with new a couple of weeks ago, not one of the other 3 that are tatty. What's the point of having nice things when you live in a 3rd world country? >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16128 on: 27 April 2018, 12:51:54 »

Noticed one of Mrs. KW's alloys has been comprehensively f**ked by a pot hole. Naturally, it's the one that I replaced with new a couple of weeks ago, not one of the other 3 that are tatty. What's the point of having nice things when you live in a 3rd world country? >:(

I claimed for a new tyre from our council on production of pothole evidence and got it. Go for it Kevin. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16129 on: 27 April 2018, 18:56:48 »

Not that churned up over it. I accept that this country is overrun with ignorant, arrogant, "opps you" arseholes who care about nothing outside of their world.  Thus I was expecting it.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16130 on: 27 April 2018, 18:57:17 »

Drove it to Walsall and back.
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16131 on: 27 April 2018, 20:07:04 »

Changed oil and filter...........and swapped it to spin on while there.

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16132 on: 28 April 2018, 18:45:48 »

• New front N/S Caliper fitted (Piston was sticking)
  • Bleed Brakes
  • Fitted new GM Front Pads
  • Cleaned and greased anything I could see under the front end  :D
  • Cleaned alloys front/rear inside/out as on car - Sparkly now  ;D
  • Fitted new GM Rear Pads, New Pins and Anti Rattle springs
  • Adjusted Hand brake
  • Cleaned and greased anything I could see under the rear end  :D
  • Road Test - Stops like a good one  :y
  • Toasted an Astra GTC at the lights on my "Road Test"  ;D
  • Cuppa
  • Beer later  :y

Dr_Syn

• Atherton
    • 2001 Omega 2.6CDX Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16133 on: 28 April 2018, 19:17:30 »

Took the Omega out for a drive today to view some caravans.  Despite changing the drop links and the roll bar bushes there was still a knock from the front and after bouncing the front end on each side while resting one hand on the turret mounts, I decided at least one top mount bush is shot, so I'll change both. 

The top mounts have really broke the bank at £1.99 each! and I decided to order a pair of bearings while I was at it.  It'll have to wait until the week after next when I'm off work until I tackle them.

On the way home one of the back brakes started grinding and the dust accumulating on one of the back wheels suggested the back brakes would need doing soon, so it's a good job I've already bought the parts.  The drive home provided some amusement when I gave a kid in a (BMW) Mini Cooper a shock, I had to chuckle at a £500 car giving a modern pocket rocket a run for its money!

Link to the £1.99 top mounts if anyone is interested: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Top-Strut-Mounting-Senator-Omega-Carlton-As-OE-90288206-90251358-07A095/281617674525?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16134 on: 28 April 2018, 23:00:07 »

Another £1.99 says they don't include the bearing...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Dr_Syn

• Atherton
    • 2001 Omega 2.6CDX Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16135 on: 28 April 2018, 23:18:33 »

Another £1.99 says they don't include the bearing...

You are quite right, that is why I ordered them seperatley, like I said in the post.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16136 on: 29 April 2018, 08:15:02 »

Took the Omega out for a drive today to view some caravans.  Despite changing the drop links and the roll bar bushes there was still a knock from the front and after bouncing the front end on each side while resting one hand on the turret mounts, I decided at least one top mount bush is shot, so I'll change both. 

The top mounts have really broke the bank at £1.99 each! and I decided to order a pair of bearings while I was at it.  It'll have to wait until the week after next when I'm off work until I tackle them.

On the way home one of the back brakes started grinding and the dust accumulating on one of the back wheels suggested the back brakes would need doing soon, so it's a good job I've already bought the parts.  The drive home provided some amusement when I gave a kid in a (BMW) Mini Cooper a shock, I had to chuckle at a £500 car giving a modern pocket rocket a run for its money!

Link to the £1.99 top mounts if anyone is interested: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Top-Strut-Mounting-Senator-Omega-Carlton-As-OE-90288206-90251358-07A095/281617674525?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I might invest in a pair. ::)
Hoof'land storeman.

Dr_Syn

• Atherton
    • 2001 Omega 2.6CDX Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16137 on: 29 April 2018, 09:46:04 »

I might invest in a pair. ::)

He's selling a lot of Omega parts dirt cheap.  I've bought a few just to stock up.  I wish I'd seen his ad when I needed drop links and roll bar bushes.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16138 on: 29 April 2018, 10:38:16 »

Gixer and I replaced springs/shocks all round on TBE, and put on new rear track rods, before a spot of Tiffin ;D

Thanks chrisgixer :y

I'm pleased to say I got him smothered in coppaslip, knowing how he loves the stuff :P
Grumpy old man

2boxerdogs

« Reply #16139 on: 29 April 2018, 18:08:26 »

Just driven it (Terracan) back from Battle with the tin tent been  visiting friends & relations average MPG 27 not bad for a total weight of around 4.4 tons.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.