Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Facelift Omega B rear bumper skin  (Read 5020 times)

05omegav6

Re: Facelift Omega B rear bumper skin
« Reply #30 on: 23 February 2015, 14:04:16 »

If you fit a prefacelift crashbar then the bumper should fit :y

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 February 2015, 14:44:09 »

If you fit a prefacelift crashbar then the bumper should fit :y

And Sh1t Shields.

But I'm still confused about the tow bar hole. The pre-facelift bumper hole doesn't line up with the post facelift towbar anchor point. Now I don't intend using it, and I've got a proper tow bar fitted anyway, but is there really a difference between pre and post face lift chassis tow bar points? Or did Irmisher stuff up where they put the hole?

05omegav6

« Reply #32 on: 23 February 2015, 15:07:24 »

Either is possible :-\

Is the towbar point part of the shell or the crash bar? Pre and post facelift shells are almost identical except for rear quarters/boot lid/bonnet plus a few detailed differences... possible that this is one of the detail items  :-\

And before Beanz sounds the klaxon of pedantry, bumpers are technically trim.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23 February 2015, 15:09:52 »

I know!  ::)

No idea about the towing point. ISTR that the prefacelift's was just a bracket welded somewhere ...... no idea now where though

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 February 2015, 15:14:56 »

Mystery solved. A closer look in daylight and out of yesterday's pouring rain reveals the Irmisher logo under the paint in the O/S wheel arch.

So I'm now the proud owner of a highly sought after and very valuable pre facelift Irmisher rear bumper  ;D, which doesn't fit my car  :-\

You're welcome  :y

I'd imagine someone on here would be interested?? Is it just any decent rear FL bumper you're after, or trying to get one the same colour that's proving the issue?
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 February 2015, 15:24:48 »

Is the towbar point part of the shell or the crash bar? Pre and post facelift shells are almost identical except for rear quarters/boot lid/bonnet plus a few detailed differences... possible that this is one of the detail items  :-\

It's a threaded tube welded to the rear chassis rails on the post facelift. I never had any of my pre facelifts apart. On a Carlton/Senny its a large hoop welded to the rear chassis rail.

So where are Sh1t Shields in EPC? Stuffed if I can find them. I'm not intending to buy them from Vx, but I'd like to know how many possible combinations of wrong items there are before I head off down any scrapyards.

Seems like my choices are to find a new back bumper bracket and sh1t shields and fit the Irmisher, or find a proper post facelift bumper and get it sprayed.

05omegav6

« Reply #36 on: 23 February 2015, 15:30:58 »

It's a threaded tube welded to the rear chassis rails on the post facelift. I never had any of my pre facelifts apart. On a Carlton/Senny its a large hoop welded to the rear chassis rail.

So where are Sh1t Shields in EPC? Stuffed if I can find them. I'm not intending to buy them from Vx, but I'd like to know how many possible combinations of wrong items there are before I head off down any scrapyards.

Seems like my choices are to find a new back bumper bracket and sh1t shields and fit the Irmisher, or find a proper post facelift bumper and get it sprayed.
That be easiest :y Did Steve not have one in the correct colour?

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 23 February 2015, 15:32:09 »

Mystery solved. A closer look in daylight and out of yesterday's pouring rain reveals the Irmisher logo under the paint in the O/S wheel arch.

So I'm now the proud owner of a highly sought after and very valuable pre facelift Irmisher rear bumper  ;D, which doesn't fit my car  :-\

You're welcome  :y
:y

Is it just any decent rear FL bumper you're after, or trying to get one the same colour that's proving the issue?

There isn't any 'issue' really, and I haven't tried very hard to find anything. Saw and bought a 'cheap' bumper off eBay, and agreed a price with my trusted paint monkey to re-spray it. Incorrectly assumed the cheap bumper was a facelift coz it was all body colour. Went to fit it, and nope.

I'm just trying to work out what to do next.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 23 February 2015, 16:26:31 »

Ahh I see - you've got it sprayed already, sorry I missed that bit  ::)

Well, on the one hand it's one of them lessons about 'measure twice cut one' thing - but then again who'd have thought it would turn out to be an Irmscher bumper? Finding something that rare isn't an every day occurrence, so I don't think anyone can really criticise you for mistaking it for a FL unit. Easy done. :y

I suppose the option of selling it on is out, given the cost a the spray job. Depends how you think it sits on the car, really. It's a slightly different profile, really designed to blend with the PFL side strips, not the FL. But also bear in mind that darker colours visually hide shape. It's why so many publicity shots of the Porsche Cayenne are in dark colours - in order to disguise the shape of the godawful pig as much as possible. So if you fit it, it could easy be that aside from yourself, no-one would even be able to tell the difference, even after pointing it out.

It's literally a case of weighing in your mind/bank balance how much it would aggravate you with the 'wrong' bumper vs the 'right' bumper, but being down another £xxx s

Just don't lose sleep over it  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.