Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuel filter mistery!  (Read 1876 times)

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
Fuel filter mistery!
« on: 16 July 2006, 06:06:16 »

I gave a full service to my car a few days ago and i decided that it would be a good idea to replace the fuel filter again as it had covered 18k miles in 20 months. So i got under the car and i was freightened from what i saw, the 20month old filter covered in more rust than the titanic. My attempts to remove it made me feel useless and the same luck had my mate(another engineer) when he gave it a go. The problem was that we didn't have any axle stands available to lift the car properly so i asked my MOT guy to change it while he was doing the rear springs. He told me that this was the toughest filter of his career eventhough he didn't charge me for changeing it. My question is what has caused the filter to rust so bad and stick in place? Why i didn't face the same problem with the previous filter and why it didn't rust? Is it the optimax? the redex? Any thoughts?

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel filter mistery!
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2006, 06:45:26 »

I assume the rust was on the outside?  so I wouldn't have thought the fuel used would make any difference. I'm not familiar with where the filter is mounted, is it particulary exposed to road dirt etc?

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel filter mistery!
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2006, 07:50:31 »

the filter is mounted between the fuel tank and rear axle on the right of the car (if sat inside), it is exposed to the elements. It could be that it is a copy part and not treated/coated against rust ... salty roads don't help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.