Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AA Done me for £20 what con merchants !  (Read 1733 times)

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
AA Done me for £20 what con merchants !
« on: 29 June 2009, 20:49:24 »

AA  How honest –Not very!

Having received a rejoin us now leaflet through the post last week quoting a £39 offer (knew it wasn’t legit) I decided to  ring them as I do need some cover and I was with the AA for many years till a few years ago ( but never ever had to use them at all )
Well I chatted with there salesman who gradually sorted what cover I was after & gave me a quote or 2…… much higher than the £39 offer of course! I said oh thats too high anyway to cut the story short he finally made his final  offer/pitch of £77 I had a few extras to pay due to the age of the car etc, so I took it out last week.
                         I then did a little checking online & found what I thought was better cover from a company called GEM so I took it out with them it covered the cvan too there offer ends 30th June  so took it out, thinking as I was still in the "cooling off period" with the AA & could get my money back thought ah no probs ....How Wrong you get stung for £20 costs for like an admin type fee no mention of this anywhere on the leafelt or from the salesman who emphasised you can cancel it no probs within 14 days & get your fee refunded, first mention of it I found was is in the policy document that you receive from the AA with your card etc...What con merchants  They have just proved how they can lose a customer for ever through there underhand tactics & as many people I can advise on this smart practice they have employed,  :-/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: AA Done me for £20 what con merchants !
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2009, 21:03:07 »

Having received a rejoin us now leaflet through the post last week quoting a £39 offer (knew it wasn’t legit) I decided to  ring them as I do need some cover and I was with the AA for many years till a few years ago ( but never ever had to use them at all )
Well I chatted with there salesman who gradually sorted what cover I was after & gave me a quote or 2…… much higher than the £39 offer of course! I said oh thats too high anyway to cut the story short he finally made his final  offer/pitch of £77 I had a few extras to pay due to the age of the car etc, so I took it out last week.
                         I then did a little checking online & found what I thought was better cover from a company called GEM so I took it out with them it covered the cvan too there offer ends 30th June  so took it out, thinking as I was still in the "cooling off period" with the AA & could get my money back thought ah no probs ....How Wrong you get stung for £20 costs for like an admin type fee no mention of this anywhere on the leafelt or from the salesman who emphasised you can cancel it no probs within 14 days & get your fee refunded, first mention of it I found was is in the policy document that you receive from the AA with your card etc...What con merchants  They have just proved how they can lose a customer for ever through there underhand tactics & as many people I can advise on this smart practice they have employed,  :-/

Ring up and speak to a manager... The call will be recorded! Demand your money back! You'll get it if you push hard enough! :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 29 June 2009, 21:03:27 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2009, 23:11:12 »

Ring up and speak to a manager... The call will be recorded! Demand your money back! You'll get it if you push hard enough! :y :y :y

I would, and tell them that you will put this on a Motor Car forum for others to read............ :D :D
I used to be with the AA for many years and stopped about 3 years ago. Should rally have some cover though :-/
Just set up some Car insurance for Master Vamps, cover comes with full breakdown, and home start and courtesy car.  Better cover than we have and he is only 17 ::) ::) ::)

dippydave

• Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
  • how personal?
    • Vectra 2.0DTi Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2009, 10:31:50 »

Press a few more buttons with their customer service call centre and you should get a result.

We were with the AA until Tesco clubcard deals brought me to the RAC. £30ish of Clubcard vouchers (so basically free!) gets us a Joint recovery/relay package 'worth' £120. Great peace of mind, minimum costs, and worth it for even one call out, especially when that happened on the motorway. No cover would mean a massive bill for that!
Vectra Elite Estate doing good post-Omega service but still not as nice to sit in.

One last Omega on the drive, one Corsa on the lawn...maybe they'll go to a good home before too long!

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2009, 14:23:00 »

just wait till you need them ive always found AA far better than  RAC. even when i worked in motor  factors found AA patrols more helpful and seemed to be more clued up than RAC. Im not saying i havnt had probs with AA though. twice we have been left waiting ages for them. 1st time gave us hire car foc for weekend. 2nd time refunded years fee. :y

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2009, 14:27:21 »

We used to be in the RAC through tesco clubcard, nice and cheap.

now get a basic package through my current account.

not the best cover, but hopefully enough  :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2009, 14:35:56 »

just wait till you need them ive always found AA far better than  RAC. even when i worked in motor  factors found AA patrols more helpful and seemed to be more clued up than RAC. Im not saying i havnt had probs with AA though. twice we have been left waiting ages for them. 1st time gave us hire car foc for weekend. 2nd time refunded years fee. :y

I have to agree with you and have enjoyed AA membership for decades now, with one interlude with the RAC that far from satisfied me.  In recent times I have had need of their services twice, and both times they were with me within 20 minutes, the last time when the operator had stated 35, with the AA man both very polite, efficient and successful without fuss!! :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

Yes, I too once had the AA mess me around when they used a 'local agent' in Manchester to recover my Elite, myself and my passengers.  They sorted it out though with their Relay service transporting us all back to Southam, and they refunded me a years membership.  I just cannot complain about them 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-).
« Last Edit: 30 June 2009, 14:36:32 by Lizzie_Zoom »

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 July 2009, 10:02:21 »

That sucks!

Is it me or has 'customer service' become an oxymoron?
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 July 2009, 14:42:35 »

AA is a dodgy bugger  :D
Retired

Robmetaxa

• Southampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2009, 15:26:38 »

The AA are just not the Company they use to be...... friend of mine has been an AA patrol man now for the better part of 15 years, and tells me frequently when we have a pint how the company keeps pushing then to get every last drop of blood, not just from them but also us Jo public!!!!!!
Dropped them last year when my insurance company offered a deal which was nearly half the AA Subscription.
Agreed that the AA patrols are a real good bunch very polite and helpful, pity its customer care is .............Poooooooooooh!! >:(

willyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds. West Yorks
  • Can Do !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 July 2009, 20:29:04 »

UPDATE !

A lady rang this afternoon and explained that its not normal to refund the £20 but will do so within the next 7 -10 days as a godwill gesture as the salesman may have not explained this "admin" fee before I selling the cover before I took it out!
so am expecting the other £20 back on my cc in next few days  :y

waspy

« Reply #11 on: 01 July 2009, 20:58:29 »

AA is a dodgy bugger  :D

I was waiting for something like this ;D ;D ;D ;D

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 July 2009, 21:07:43 »

I must say that I have been with the AA for a few years now and have always found them professional, helpful and extremely efficient.

No problems at all, called em out a couple of times before we switched to Omegas, and have nothing bad to say about the AA at all

:)
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 July 2009, 23:10:05 »

Any company big enough to have a call-centre, or 'head office' tends to treat people like this. Don't know why.

Well, yes, of course I do, actually. To make money!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.