Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DPD  (Read 2016 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
DPD
« on: 10 August 2018, 12:31:56 »

Couriers often get slagged off on here, so here's a big up to DPD!  :y

I ordered a cordless hedge trimmer on ebay yesterday morning at about 9am.  I had a message from the retailer at about midday to say it had been despatched and a message from DPD this morning to tell me that Sam would deliver my parcel between 12.00 and 1300.

The doorbell went at 1205 and there was Sam with my new hedge trimmer.  :)  Can't fault it!  :y

The only thing is that it's now pissing with rain, so I can't go out and play with my new toy!  ::)  :(  ;D
« Last Edit: 10 August 2018, 12:34:24 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

Re: DPD
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2018, 12:56:13 »

If you'd have put your tracking number in online, it would have shown you exactly where Sam and his van were. DPD are the best of the couriers, I agree.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2018, 13:23:54 »

that is how it should be. Well done DPD.

If we buy something online from the Uk. The tracking is great right to arriving at say Granada city. Then it goes pear shaped. Next day shows "delivered". But often the delivery isn't made till the next Thursday (day van goes to our local area) and then it is left at the petrol station in nearby village. you are expected to be psychic ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2018, 14:06:15 »

If it is a thunderstorm, you could add few extra artificial lightening flashes by trying it out on your internal hedge of a few dangling power cables. :o :o :o :o :-[ :P
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2018, 20:10:51 »

DPD are definitely one of the best carriers I have dealt with for all the reasons you state :y :y

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 August 2018, 12:13:18 »

I am far more likely to place an order for something if I know that they deliver by DPD. I just know when it will be delivered, almost to the minute.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2018, 13:21:20 »

I just place the order, and wait for delivery, I couldn't care if it arrives, by DPD,DHL,ups,as long as it arrives,  but then old people have nothing else to do, except order stuff online, then moan when it's 1 minute late, highlight of a pensioners day, when the delivery van rolls up,.  Nearly as exciting as waiting for the bus,then moaning it's 2 minutes late.
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 11 August 2018, 14:28:25 »

I just place the order, and wait for delivery, I couldn't care if it arrives, by DPD,DHL,ups,as long as it arrives,  but then old people have nothing else to do, except order stuff online, then moan when it's 1 minute late, highlight of a pensioners day, when the delivery van rolls up,.  Nearly as exciting as waiting for the bus,then moaning it's 2 minutes late.
Sir Tigger isn't that old.

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 August 2018, 18:08:48 »

Just to throw another view on this, in general au would agree with DPD being the best.

However, I have just got back from the local depot after speaking to their people this morning about reclaiming a delivery which was originally refused as damaged but the supplier has come to an agreement with me. I contact them this morning explaining the situation and they agree to hold the parcel for me to collect this evening (around 5.30pm) which I have documented proof of. Turn up there at 5pm to be told they they shipped it on the trailer at 3pm!!!!!!

Nobody read the notes on the system and/or did not pass them on.

I now have to wait for the parcel to be sent back to the company who are now going to check the item and resend back to me and I have to hope that they do not damage it in the process.

For reference, the parcel is a polished lip alloy wheel that is very hard to replace and is coming directly from the manufacturer.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 August 2018, 18:54:30 »

I cant condone DPD as a reliable courier.
Had a parcel to go to Malaysia.
Paid my money upfront and left the parcel at the agreed collection point.
FOUR weeks later, I was contacted by the collection point to say it was still waiting for DPD to collect.
After a very lengthy row, they collected it three days after they said they would.
No apologies, just a "Er, it was a relief driver"

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 August 2018, 20:09:48 »

If you'd have put your tracking number in online, it would have shown you exactly where Sam and his van were. DPD are the best of the couriers, I agree.

Postman Sam and his black and white cat doesn't rhyme very well. :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.