Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: aldi tyre inflator  (Read 2972 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
aldi tyre inflator
« on: 24 October 2018, 19:27:38 »

I recently purchased a tyre inflator from aldi . the battery operated one. for £30 its a good buy. well satisfied.  :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: aldi tyre inflator
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2018, 23:00:06 »

I recently purchased a tyre inflator from aldi . the battery operated one. for £30 its a good buy. well satisfied.  :y

Seconded. It's reasonably fast, quiet and effective. Battery life is good too.
Although it's a shame that a similar thing isn't available from Dewalt(as I already have a number of their tools) or any of the other common battery formats. The Ryobi One+ inflator is a massive thing that you're not going to want to keep in the car.

The little compressors that are part of the get you home kits are pretty good if you can scrounge one; compact, fairly quiet and capable of inflating a large tyre from flat in about 5 minutes.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2018, 23:41:43 »

Kind of unrelated

I was in Lidl and saw an "Ash Vacuum Cleaner" for £35 I'm just not sure what this is for. I have a solid fuel Rayburn and also a wood burning stove. Is this for emptying the ash ? What's the advantage over just taking it outside and dumping it? If it just sucks up the ash, surely you still have to empty it somewhere ?
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 25 October 2018, 09:15:09 »

This one? https://www.aldi.co.uk/12v-li-ion-mini-air-compressor/p/083968214105700

Kind of unrelated

I was in Lidl and saw an "Ash Vacuum Cleaner" for £35 I'm just not sure what this is for. I have a solid fuel Rayburn and also a wood burning stove. Is this for emptying the ash ? What's the advantage over just taking it outside and dumping it? If it just sucks up the ash, surely you still have to empty it somewhere ?

I assume it lets you vacuum up the ash without the ash making your vacuum explode/clog the filter/etc.. at least I assume that's the reason, we have electricity and gas down here so no need to be burning dead tree carcass in the house  :P :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2018, 09:26:11 »

I got so fed up with not being able to buy a tyre inflator (manual or electric) that would last more than 5 minutes. Then I came across one of these in a vintage shop:

http://vintagepumps.co.uk/makes%20%26%20models/dunlop%20major.html

I saved it from being "upcycled" into some hipster's table lamp, gave it a bit of TLC and it's the best tyre pump I've ever had. Tackles glider tyres (60 PSI) without breaking a sweat at all and the only thing about it I'm likely to break is my toe if I ever drop it. Superb bit of kit. :y
« Last Edit: 25 October 2018, 09:44:27 by Kevin Wood »
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 25 October 2018, 10:09:47 »

I have a "twin cylinder" modern version of that from Halfords (I say "modern" but I've probably had it 20 years at this point) .. I remember nearly dying of exhaustion the last time I tried to inflate a car tyre from flat ;D

The common fault I've found with the cigarette lighter powered ones is that they oxidise the contacts on the plug part due to poor construction/poor contact, and need periodically cleaning otherwise the resistance ends up so high they no longer turn on and/or get awfully hot. Don't tend to use mine since the compressor now lives outside the garage with piped air in the right places, though :y (handy given I have to pump one tyre on the BMW up every time I use it ;D)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 October 2018, 11:20:11 »

Oh, I've got a compressor for home use but this is something that can live in the car with some probability that it will be able to do the job when needed, unlike the last crappy sealey one I bought. It's a lot less effort to use when you're not trying to balance and prevent the crappy mild steel frame of the thing from buckling at the same time, too.  ;D

I've found that most of the electric ones won't get anywhere near 60 PSI, at least not without suffering terminal damage. This one only takes a few strokes of the pump given that it's probably got almost as much cylinder displacement as the glider tyre has volume. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 October 2018, 15:56:00 »

I've started getting adverts for mini compressors on my facebook feed......  ::)

I guess I clicked on Kevin's link and it deposited a cookie, and then google and facebook have a look at what I've been clicking on....  :-\

Scary!  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 25 October 2018, 16:28:16 »

Count yourself lucky, Tig. I get adverts for "Meet 40 something ladies"! I swear, I don't know what caused it.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 October 2018, 16:32:31 »

.. hence I haven't got a "Facebook feed". ::)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 October 2018, 16:37:15 »

Apparently, on Facebook I have about 250 "Friends": I actually know 3 or 4 of them! ??? ??? ???

Ron.

aaronjb

« Reply #11 on: 25 October 2018, 16:54:17 »

Google still knows what you've bought .. if you have gmail, they mine your emails for receipts; and if you've got a MasterCard, they bought the transaction history from MasterCard...

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 25 October 2018, 16:55:40 »

No arsebook or twotter here, either. I did try Facebook, and made friend requests to a couple of people I know, which were accepted. I kept getting notifications telling me that Joe Bloggs had posted on face ache and, when I looked, they were telling each other jokes, or saying what they'd had for their tea. FFS. I deleted the app.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 25 October 2018, 16:57:29 »

On Renault forums, and astra k, the ads are very 'targeted '. If I follow an eBay link on here, it pops up on one or both of them.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 October 2018, 16:58:42 »

Google still knows what you've bought .. if you have gmail, they mine your emails for receipts; and if you've got a MasterCard, they bought the transaction history from MasterCard...

Don't have GMail or mastercard either, but it doesn't matter what they know because I don't see any of their Ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.