Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant find any cd changer cables  (Read 3652 times)

Tonybazza

• Lapford Devon
    • View Profile
Re: Cant find any cd changer cables
« Reply #30 on: 24 August 2008, 17:11:37 »

Thanks for the replies so i have been looking for something that is not there lol thought i was going mad ,
so the loom from the head unit to where that ecu and bracket is will be of a job to refit then! what do you think ? will i have to take half the dash out .
Thanks Tony

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 24 August 2008, 17:15:47 »

its fairly simple to wire from the radio end from memory it just needs

Control links 1x Pair cable yellow and blue

Right and L audio channels and a ground feed it needs an electricity supply however!

did have an entire omega cdc loom but mrs tmx threw it out :(

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #32 on: 30 August 2008, 08:17:53 »

I have 2 elites here with CDR800 and CDC2,will have all the loom too...think the head unit to drivers footwell is a PITA to get out, rest is easyish...not sure if CDR800 or CDR600 makes a difference loom wise?? If they are the same then can sort out a loom for you mate

Or if interested can do you the full thing to upgrade to Bose...CCR800 head unit with code, loom, 4 bose door speakers, bose shelf speakers and amp...
« Last Edit: 30 August 2008, 08:34:00 by ShieldOfSteel »
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Tonybazza

• Lapford Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 August 2008, 12:19:00 »

Thanks again for your reply (can you intall it to lol lol) i will be very interested in some prices if the loom is to much of a pig to get out and then me to install then it might be out of my league when it comes to patience as my only tools are hammers lol .
At the moment i have the ccr600 and blu crc2 both with codes the car came with a sony single cd head unit and the wheel controls did not work . so i got the ccr600 and the controls work fine but with no cd loom . what is the ccr800 like? doe's the ccr800 have a single cd and radio if so that would do me fine as i only have 2 or 3 cd lol but only one tape now 27 lol.
Please advise.
Thanks Tony

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 August 2008, 13:47:15 »

Thanks again for your reply (can you intall it to lol lol) i will be very interested in some prices if the loom is to much of a pig to get out and then me to install then it might be out of my league when it comes to patience as my only tools are hammers lol .
At the moment i have the ccr600 and blu crc2 both with codes the car came with a sony single cd head unit and the wheel controls did not work . so i got the ccr600 and the controls work fine but with no cd loom . what is the ccr800 like? doe's the ccr800 have a single cd and radio if so that would do me fine as i only have 2 or 3 cd lol but only one tape now 27 lol.
Please advise.
Thanks Tony
CCR800 is identical to CCR600, but for use with Bose amp.

Retro fitting CCR800/Bose as an upgrade to CCR600 - run the bose loom down drivers side of car, hardest bit is fitting bose shelf, as parcel shelf needs to come out, and thats tedious.
Grumpy old man

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #35 on: 30 August 2008, 18:04:01 »

Please advise.
Thanks Tony
As far as I understand the loom from head to footwell is only a bit of a pig because a) its entwined/taped to the rest of the wiring behind the dashboard and b) its behind the dashboard lol

Probably straightforward once its out to get back in place on another car...wiring from footwell to boot is straightforward...

Rest is pretty straightforward too but as said, removing parcel shelf is a pain (unless your removing from a scrap car in which case you can just rip the bits out you dont need! lol) Could probably wire it up for you but would cost a fortune as your in Devon lol Better to find someone closer to help you I'm sure and most likely members that are better at wiring than me closer anyway :)

Will PM you some prices mate...
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Tonybazza

• Lapford Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 August 2008, 20:03:20 »

Thanks everyone for your help on this topic but i have come to a decision I am going to keep the car as is as the hole loom thing sounds to hard for me to sort out . I was lucky enough to win the ccr600 and cdc2 of ebay for £20 hoping that the loom was where it should have been but obviously i am loomless . i was very lucky with the car its a T reg with 102.000 on and after a bit of a car swopy thing it only stands me in at about £200 . so if my wife passes her test in the next month or 2 i will get myself 3.0 MV6 with all the bells and whistles . I thanks all of you that have spent the time helping me with this mater and it is greatly apprieciated . but i think if i spend £100 £150 to upgrade what i have that could go on the price of the MV6.
Thanks again
Tony

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 August 2008, 23:23:14 »

Thanks everyone for your help on this topic but i have come to a decision I am going to keep the car as is as the hole loom thing sounds to hard for me to sort out . I was lucky enough to win the ccr600 and cdc2 of ebay for £20 hoping that the loom was where it should have been but obviously i am loomless . i was very lucky with the car its a T reg with 102.000 on and after a bit of a car swopy thing it only stands me in at about £200 . so if my wife passes her test in the next month or 2 i will get myself 3.0 MV6 with all the bells and whistles . I thanks all of you that have spent the time helping me with this mater and it is greatly apprieciated . but i think if i spend £100 £150 to upgrade what i have that could go on the price of the MV6.
Thanks again
Tony
That bit from HU to footwell must be about somewhere - it carries the speaker signals. Its grey, about 4" long, and must have part of CD loom in (most of cables in part of the CD lomm will simply be short loops.  Seen anything like that?
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.