Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC 2015 (the one with the colour display/SatNav)  (Read 4414 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: NCDC 2015 (the one with the colour display/SatNav)
« Reply #15 on: 10 January 2010, 19:15:56 »

Interesting...

Ive been looking at what other have been saying about this pairing / depairing thing... I can understand/appreciate how it is a vital procedure, to guard against making the whole thing worthless! But at the moment this paring seems to 'communicate' between Head Unit, Autochanger and Screen, but no mention of the actual car being in the loop.

Therefore, can someone tell me why, for example an Omega Elite with a disconnected battery could not have its NCDC2015 removed, and installed into another Omega Elite. Assuming nothing is powered up without everyting being connected, surely neither Head Unit, Autochanger or CID are aware that they have been moved into another vehicle...

Is this the case?
In the case of Omega and NCDX range, you can move it between cars, as long as all paired parts are moved.  (there will be some rewiring to do if yours had ccr2006).

This is not the case for newer systems in newer cars.

If moved complete from one car to another, would it not cause problems in the new car if you want to depair??  Seem top recall something read yonks ago that an ECU was in the loop somewheres...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 January 2010, 19:20:34 »

Interesting...

Ive been looking at what other have been saying about this pairing / depairing thing... I can understand/appreciate how it is a vital procedure, to guard against making the whole thing worthless! But at the moment this paring seems to 'communicate' between Head Unit, Autochanger and Screen, but no mention of the actual car being in the loop.

Therefore, can someone tell me why, for example an Omega Elite with a disconnected battery could not have its NCDC2015 removed, and installed into another Omega Elite. Assuming nothing is powered up without everyting being connected, surely neither Head Unit, Autochanger or CID are aware that they have been moved into another vehicle...

Is this the case?
In the case of Omega and NCDX range, you can move it between cars, as long as all paired parts are moved.  (there will be some rewiring to do if yours had ccr2006).

If moved complete from one car to another, would it not cause problems in the new car if you want to depair??  Seem top recall something read yonks ago that an ECU was in the loop somewheres...
In case of Omegas and NCDx range, only the ICE components are included in the security ring.  They tend to be paired with same PIN as the immobiliser PIN in the factory, but the systems aren't linked (on Omega).
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 January 2010, 19:25:09 »

It will be the security code number I was thinking of...  :y

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #18 on: 11 January 2010, 10:45:19 »

Interesting...

Is this the case?

Correct - unlike any other Vauxhall with a paired or Married stereo, the Omega stereo system is only paired with the other components such as the screen, stereo and telematics - and they can all be transferred from one vehicle to another without teh need for any programming, provided that the ENTIRE system is transferred as a whole. If any item within the system needs divorcing or exchanging, then the correct pairing codes will need to be used.

Later model Vauxhalls also have this system, but with the added security feature that they are also married to the vehicle ECU as well.

And no, it is inadvisable to use the laptop software to attempt this, strictly Tech2 only, as too easy to make a radio code irrecoverable if not carefull

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

bigmac

• Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 January 2010, 11:02:14 »

Afaik the head unit and screen are only paired to each other not the car's ECU on later vauxhall car's,Most of the newer vectra's have the same setup including mine and mine is coded to my car using a tottaly different code than the car's security code.

Same with the newer full can radio's like the CD30,70 they are only coded together using the car's security code they talk to each other the car doesn't ask them for security code or attempt to block it if codes dont math with ECU code,this is why you can buy fully paired screens and head units together from scrapyards and fit without any problems

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #20 on: 11 January 2010, 11:15:29 »

Afaik the head unit and screen are only paired to each other not the car's ECU on later vauxhall car's,Most of the newer vectra's have the same setup including mine and mine is coded to my car using a tottaly different code than the car's security code.

Same with the newer full can radio's like the CD30,70 they are only coded together using the car's security code they talk to each other the car doesn't ask them for security code or attempt to block it if codes dont math with ECU code,this is why you can buy fully paired screens and head units together from scrapyards and fit without any problems

Actually, on the later CD30 / 40 / 70 / 90 etc that can cause a major problem if you ever need to hook the car up to a tech2 as you have now introduced two different pairing codes into the car and if you are really unlucky the codes can migrate from radio to ecu and vice versa making further communication with the car prohibitive as it is no longer possible to communicate with the correct vehicle code
www.dndservices.co.uk

bigmac

• Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 January 2010, 11:24:46 »

Actually, on the later CD30 / 40 / 70 / 90 etc that can cause a major problem if you ever need to hook the car up to a tech2 as you have now introduced two different pairing codes into the car and if you are really unlucky the codes can migrate from radio to ecu and vice versa making further communication with the car prohibitive as it is no longer possible to communicate with the correct vehicle code

Learn some thing new every day,never heard of this happening as yet touch wood and ive known loads of people who have done the same here and in germany i always thought the head unit and screen talked to each other and don't need a code to talk to the car this is shown when you put 2 units together with different codes they will still communicate through canbus and they will still work however because they can talk to each other you get a display safe and a beep.

And basically its possible to fit a CD70 into a non canbus car thus proving you don't need the stereo to talk to the ECU

But if it is the case would there be a problem with my 03 vectra and me using a different code ? as theboy didn't think there would be  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 January 2010, 11:27:36 »

Vectra is a half baked CAN as far as the stereo is concerned, OK to move the stuff around between cars :)
Grumpy old man

bigmac

• Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 January 2010, 11:29:20 »

Cheers Jaime had me worried for a minute  :o happy new year btw  :y

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #24 on: 11 January 2010, 11:44:58 »

03 vectra would be ok, as like the Omega, its not a full CAN system - however, I wouldn`t try it on an 05 or later.

Have a look at my posts on the Vectra forums and you will see many of the complex issues (that means expensive) that we have to contend with on a daily basis as a result of this swap.

:'(
www.dndservices.co.uk

bigmac

• Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11 January 2010, 11:52:23 »

Not doubting you buddy you know more about stereo's than me  ;) its just i'm Mod on vectra-c.com and in all the time ive been on there ive never heard of any problems with cars ECU and stereo code's and we deal in these cars only,maybe weve been lucky  :-[
« Last Edit: 11 January 2010, 11:53:08 by bigmac »

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #26 on: 11 January 2010, 12:01:33 »

Not doubting you buddy you know more about stereo's than me  ;) its just i'm Mod on vectra-c.com and in all the time ive been on there ive never heard of any problems with cars ECU and stereo code's and we deal in these cars only,maybe weve been lucky  :-[

VERY LUCKY !!

Yes, the display and stereo can talk to each other on a bench or a non-can car, and yes, can be fitted (as a pair) to any car without programming and it will work. However, the problems are not instantly obvious

If you try to connect a Tech2 and enter the vehicle PUK code, you can talk to the car as normal, however, if you ever scan and communicate with the radio, in most cases it will then use the radio pairing code (unknown) and overwrite this as a new vehicle PUK code - but you will remain oblivious to this during teh current Tech2 session. If you then try to re-establish Tech2 communication with the car, the original PUK code will no longer be valid, as it will be waiting for the new Pairing code from the radio to be entered - and I`m sure you can see where this is leading and how many ECU`s need to be reprogrammed or replaced if this happens.

Its so easy to correctly depair a head unit and screen these days, that the problem is no longer as rife as it was six months ago
« Last Edit: 11 January 2010, 12:07:13 by Dave_DND »
www.dndservices.co.uk

bigmac

• Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 January 2010, 12:05:55 »

Cool Dave will keep my eye's open if anyone has a similar problem,problem is now days there's a lot of these head units being sold as a pair and without code so most dont want to fork out extra money to retrive code then get a tech2 session  :-[ seems the easy option can be the most expensive in the long run  :'(

iOmega

• luton
  • Can't See Meee....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 January 2010, 19:34:34 »

just realised :-? ...am new and confused...
I read the posts a few times...but the ideas and knowledge varies a lot!...So is it possible to fit any later upgrade model radio units into a 1996 2.5 cdx?!...
    Tried to fit a Eanon 7'' in car single din DVD player...worked for 30secs...did the research and obviously found out about the Omega Boss audio system...even the guy installing it didn't know about this...took my monies for an unfished job!..I remember him quoting..''I've done hundreds of these! there's something wrong with your wiring!"..he told me!
   Please help...would like to install the Phillips early sat navi systems..or a half decent radio...but I don't even know where to begin now....do I need to rewire the car's audio system just to fit a 70 quid stereo?...how do you guys do it!!?!...I know it can be done because I've seen wiring adapters, fascia housings etc..How do I begin to fit a another stereo? Any reprogramming required to the GID display?

many conflicting results...stuck!!! please help!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11 January 2010, 19:38:05 »

just realised :-? ...am new and confused...
I read the posts a few times...but the ideas and knowledge varies a lot!...So is it possible to fit any later upgrade model radio units into a 1996 2.5 cdx?!...
    Tried to fit a Eanon 7'' in car single din DVD player...worked for 30secs...did the research and obviously found out about the Omega Boss audio system...even the guy installing it didn't know about this...took my monies for an unfished job!..I remember him quoting..''I've done hundreds of these! there's something wrong with your wiring!"..he told me!
   Please help...would like to install the Phillips early sat navi systems..or a half decent radio...but I don't even know where to begin now....do I need to rewire the car's audio system just to fit a 70 quid stereo?...how do you guys do it!!?!...I know it can be done because I've seen wiring adapters, fascia housings etc..How do I begin to fit a another stereo? Any reprogramming required to the GID display?

many conflicting results...stuck!!! please help!
Not sure i understand the Q? So apologies if I talk rubbish!

Carin satnav doesn't like to stereo at all. So no need to confuse that with stereo.

To retain Bose amp and speakers, you need a Vauxhall bose compatible radio. That said, a 1996 won't have bose - it has the Philips amp.

Me easily confuddled ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 18 queries.