Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC 2015 (the one with the colour display/SatNav)  (Read 4413 times)

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
Re: NCDC 2015 (the one with the colour display/SatNav)
« Reply #30 on: 12 January 2010, 09:02:06 »

Eanon 7'' in car single din DVD player...worked for 30secs

Thats about the lifespan of some of these poor import units - stick to a reputable brand or you will be wasting your money.

As TB says, your car won`t have BOSE amplifiers, if for any reason it does, then it must be removed along with the speakers as the system and speakers are not compatable with aftermarket stereos. As far as the display goes, there are aftermarket interfaces available off the shelf to run the Omega displays (not sure about the one for the OEM Phone head unit) and these will only work if your stereo has the ability of driving a display (not all do)

Carin satnav is purely independant, with only supply voltages, reverse signal and a speed pulse wire required - very easy retro fit.

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

iOmega

• luton
  • Can't See Meee....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 January 2010, 13:37:43 »

sori... when I say ''stereo''...I just mean radio unit, or head unit, different from the 1 have already...but am sure I have a boss amplifier and speakers at the very least!

So can the whole system just be taken out or by-passed or something?
Or can I only just fit a Boss compatible radio in order for it work, like you said?
Basically I want that radio unit out, besides...I need a new GID  display!
Spoke to a guy on eBay...from Germany, he's Selling the complete Carin navigation kit, he has few up for sale actually! I asked him if it would work in my vehicle and he said "it would work no problem!"

Just don't want to be stuck with a 6 DISC Cd changer! don't have many Cds!! :-/

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #32 on: 12 January 2010, 13:44:43 »

What stereo do you have fitted currently?

Be very carefull with the answer as BOSE and BOSS are both recognised amplifier makes, but will have exceptionally different answers
www.dndservices.co.uk

iOmega

• luton
  • Can't See Meee....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 January 2010, 20:02:14 »

well, when the eonon dvd player was fitted, at the time of installation, we heard the FM static as he was testing the it, the CD player played, but the sound cut out after 30secs and the unit was still on and functioning..tried so much to get the sound back but nothing! Hence which led me to believe that it had the BOSE sound system! The Unit was then tried in other cars and worked fine! :-/

Well am gonna look at the speakers and check exactly whats under there! I did find out as you said that Bose and Boss ain't the same thing!...found a few head-units made by ''Boss''!
I just tried the link below for your website...but of course its currently not working!
Is it possible to bring the car down to you with all my bits and you sort it out for me please!...It's obvious your knowledge is well beyond just basics!

just waiting so I can order the timing belt CD on friday, then am good to go! thanks

iOmega

• luton
  • Can't See Meee....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 January 2010, 21:26:58 »

i have a CDC SC 804 Phillips with the 6 disc changer!

pizza dude

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 January 2010, 15:07:55 »

having the same prob with mine, the screen a coloured snow storm 50 percent of the time, battery been off for ages will i need to put any security codes in to operate again when the battery is re-connected?( as i dont think i have them, if any needed, was just bought for the engine )

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 January 2010, 18:17:16 »

having the same prob with mine, the screen a coloured snow storm 50 percent of the time, battery been off for ages will i need to put any security codes in to operate again when the battery is re-connected?( as i dont think i have them, if any needed, was just bought for the engine )
no.
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #37 on: 14 January 2010, 10:32:28 »

well, when the eonon dvd player was fitted, at the time of installation, we heard the FM static as he was testing the it, the CD player played, but the sound cut out after 30secs and the unit was still on and functioning..tried so much to get the sound back but nothing! Hence which led me to believe that it had the BOSE sound system! The Unit was then tried in other cars and worked fine! :-/

Well am gonna look at the speakers and check exactly whats under there! I did find out as you said that Bose and Boss ain't the same thing!...found a few head-units made by ''Boss''!
I just tried the link below for your website...but of course its currently not working!
Is it possible to bring the car down to you with all my bits and you sort it out for me please!...It's obvious your knowledge is well beyond just basics!

just waiting so I can order the timing belt CD on friday, then am good to go! thanks

By all means come and visit - But I`m hoping you are in Luton, Devon and not Luton, Beds, as we relocated from Stevenage many years ago !!

From your description, I think its highly unlikely that you have BOSE, and the problems are nothing more than the poor quality head unit and a conflict of connecting up to speakers that is putting the audio side into protection mode - suggest to take it back for a refund and look for something a little better quality.
www.dndservices.co.uk

iOmega

• luton
  • Can't See Meee....
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14 January 2010, 12:43:23 »

:o...Luton, Beds! Idea's Flopped then!!!....Shame really...no 1 seems to know much about the wiring system on theses cars around here, ironic...since Luton is a very much a Vauxhall town and there's loads of spare vauxhall parts shops...but they only deal with Corsa and Astra!

But am willing to drive down there you know!...I'll make a holiday out of it!...never been to Devon before!  8-)
straight forward from here...M1>...M25...M4>...M5! 4 hour drive!..no prob! :y

Besides, I'll get to see what the car can do after the service is fully done!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 18 queries.