Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Not got a clue about ice anyone help  (Read 3381 times)

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
  • carn't get up dont go out!!
    • View Profile
Re: Not got a clue about ice anyone help
« Reply #15 on: 12 January 2010, 14:38:45 »

year i know what you mean but there is allways somthing new and better just look at the new tec coming out this year, free sat for cars works bay sim card, wifi start, the list gose on, it will never stop. you know what i mean.
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #16 on: 12 January 2010, 14:54:23 »

year i know what you mean but there is allways somthing new and better just look at the new tec coming out this year, free sat for cars works bay sim card, wifi start, the list gose on, it will never stop. you know what i mean.

I know what you mean, but on the other hand, I am stumped as to where and how ICE can progress forwards.

In car PC`s have been around for many years, and I received my first email on a car stereo around 1999 - Japanese 3D nav is like watching a video game or film with some of the later images - voice recognition was introduced many years ago also - and I got a taste of wireless cd changers around ten years ago, just before the changer was viirtually made obsolete with iPods and mass storage capabilities.

I would love to know where it is all going next, but do feel a little worried that maybe it has peaked and we have already seen everything that is to offer in the current economic climate.

:'(
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 January 2010, 14:59:18 »

I know what you mean, but on the other hand, I am stumped as to where and how ICE can progress forwards.

In car PC`s have been around for many years, and I received my first email on a car stereo around 1999 - Japanese 3D nav is like watching a video game or film with some of the later images - voice recognition was introduced many years ago also - and I got a taste of wireless cd changers around ten years ago, just before the changer was viirtually made obsolete with iPods and mass storage capabilities.

I would love to know where it is all going next, but do feel a little worried that maybe it has peaked and we have already seen everything that is to offer in the current economic climate.

:'(
no its not peaked they are starting on2012 stuff now, smart start is one that seen for then and loads more by the time you buy somthing there is somthing else come out, just look at 3Dtv and dvd's.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2010, 15:00:48 by Russell_Hill »
Omega's is a life not just a car. also do ecu codes read and wiped or rest.., fix LCD tv & DVD recorders PS3's and most electrical equipment just e-mail me.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 January 2010, 19:26:57 »

A decent in-car music player solution that doesn't need a Gay-Pod or CDs would be a start. ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #19 on: 14 January 2010, 10:25:38 »

A decent in-car music player solution that doesn't need a Gay-Pod or CDs would be a start. ;)

Kevin

Erm . .  like the USB hard drives that can be plugged into most of the later OEM stereo`s, or something like the Kenwood Music Keg introduced (and failed) a few years ago.

I think from a storage point of view, iPod is here to stay, Dension had a very good product, but the lack of a decent distribution network in the UK have meant that it has never really got off the ground.

no its not peaked they are starting on2012 stuff now, smart start is one that seen for then and loads more by the time you buy somthing there is somthing else come out, just look at 3Dtv and dvd's.

Not heard of Smart Start ? and 3D TV was around back in the fifties - nobody appears to have a budget for 2D these days, and I think 3D in car is exceptionally unlikely. But you are wrong on 2012 stuff being worked on now - it takes well in excess of 5 years to get a product from concept to shop, and from my involvement with Sony and Kenwood research depts, it will be a lot further into the future before any real new innovations come out - In fact, I`ll retract that, as Sony are about to announce their withdrawl from Car Audio

(About time says TB )  :P
www.dndservices.co.uk

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 January 2010, 13:16:20 »

Kevin

Erm . .  like the USB hard drives that can be plugged into most of the later OEM stereo`s, or something like the Kenwood Music Keg introduced (and failed) a few years ago.

I would be interested if you have a recommendation for something aftermarket that will take a USB flash / hard drive containing a decent sized (few gigs or more) collection of MP3s, index them by ID3 tags and provide a reasonably friendly interface to select by author, album, genre etc. Pretty much what the Dension box did, in fact. I think it was a little before its' time.

I haven't played with anything recent with this functionality but the few I have tried baulk at disks with more than a few hundred files or offer very limited migration around the content on the disk.

I can't be bothered with IPod, Itunes, etc. when I ought to be able to just copy the files to a USB stick.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #21 on: 14 January 2010, 13:37:04 »

Easy one, probably one of the best head units currently on the market

http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/products/2009/navigation/navigation/MAX983HD/gb-en-product-pf_1172414882922.html

Only question I have is are your pockets deep enough ? - I reckon its worth every penny, and for those who are interested, I can offer some serious OOfers discount against the retail price of around £1500
 ;)
www.dndservices.co.uk

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 January 2010, 14:35:01 »

Kevin

I think from a storage point of view, iPod is here to stay, Dension had a very good product, but the lack of a decent distribution network in the UK have meant that it has never really got off the ground.

Not heard of Smart Start ? and 3D TV was around back in the fifties - nobody appears to have a budget for 2D these days, and I think 3D in car is exceptionally unlikely. But you are wrong on 2012 stuff being worked on now - it takes well in excess of 5 years to get a product from concept to shop, and from my involvement with Sony and Kenwood research depts, it will be a lot further into the future before any real new innovations come out - In fact, I`ll retract that, as Sony are about to announce their withdrawl from Car Audio

smart start is on new cars now any wifi eqipment ie moble phone can open the doors and start the enging using a pass word, and it take 5 years and testing until comes out. used to be a tester.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #23 on: 14 January 2010, 14:51:52 »

Kevin

smart start is on new cars now any wifi eqipment ie moble phone can open the doors and start the enging using a pass word, and it take 5 years and testing until comes out. used to be a tester.

Ah - Understood

Never heard it called that before - was played around with by a few alarm companies a few years ago, but like many of the "remote start" ideas, they fall foul of UK Traffic laws that do stipulate something along the lines of, that it is not legal to have an engine running with a person not present

There were some very heavyweight law suits against some of the UK companies fitting these around 2001, and to my knowledge all ended in tears.
www.dndservices.co.uk

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 January 2010, 14:58:55 »

Kevin

Ah - Understood

Never heard it called that before - was played around with by a few alarm companies a few years ago, but like many of the "remote start" ideas, they fall foul of UK Traffic laws that do stipulate something along the lines of, that it is not legal to have an engine running with a person not present

There were some very heavyweight law suits against some of the UK companies fitting these around 2001, and to my knowledge all ended in tears.
I know one car off hand that has it on it is lambourgini, 2010 has it in the brochure, and was on tec in usa, with more cars with it. and auto braking.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #25 on: 14 January 2010, 15:02:07 »

Just had a chat with the lads here, and I think we have an idea what prompted the case.

It was something along the lines of a car that was parked in a pub car park, and whilst in the bar, the remote keyfob was pressed to show off the remote start, the car was in gear, shot across the car park into a main road and wiped out several occupants of an oncoming car.

Remote start is certainly legal in the US, and certainly not here in the UK.
« Last Edit: 14 January 2010, 15:05:07 by Dave_DND »
www.dndservices.co.uk

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 January 2010, 15:05:36 »

i think it will only be on sport cars hear that go into neutral automatically like the pedel pads cars.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 January 2010, 15:06:34 »

Just had a chat with the lads here, and I think we have an idea what prompted the case.

It was something along the lines of a car that was parked in a pub car park, and whilst in the bar, the remote keyfob was pressed to show off the remote start, the car was in gear, shot across the car park into a main road and wiped out several occupants of an oncoming car.

Remote start is certainly legal in the US, and certainly not here in the UK.

Seen people adding it to cars here, wonder what that will do to insurance and MOT  :-/

rustym95

• Omega Knight
  • Rotherham south yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 January 2010, 15:09:37 »

have seen somthing about that in the near future there will not be a clutch but will be manual gears if you know what i mean, like the one on top gear, call the car and it come's and picks you up. we soon have our own KIT.

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #29 on: 14 January 2010, 15:15:35 »

have seen somthing about that in the near future there will not be a clutch but will be manual gears if you know what i mean, like the one on top gear, call the car and it come's and picks you up. we soon have our own KIT.

Lol !

RustyM95  aka - Omega Knight "Rider"

;D
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.