Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2981186 times)

baggedestate

• Intermediate Member
  • Gillingham kent
    • 3.2 estate ex police
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #12675 on: 18 June 2016, 16:27:38 »

cleaned mine ready for tunerfest tomorrow :)

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12676 on: 18 June 2016, 16:29:24 »

Finally changed the rear pads as they were down to the backing plates.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: 18 June 2016, 19:37:55 »

Took heat shield off, that sits above the cat on the 2.2, that should stop it rattling  ::)

ted_one

« Reply #12678 on: 18 June 2016, 19:49:04 »

Washed the R8 and then it bloody rained ...as usual, ::) the weather here is well and truly fubard,only had one bbq and one evening when we sat out and had a couple of beers.Thinking about a move to warmer climes if this carries on :y

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12679 on: 18 June 2016, 19:52:18 »

Rebuilt the engine with added oomph - hopefully...

Have changed the headers for later type, changed the 2 G cams that was inlet for A cams :y ditched the SAI system, removed the bit of exhaust downpipes that needed removing, removed the AC pump only to find that the shorter belt I have, is too ruddy short, so will need to re-install the AC pump LOL

Had to completely remove the exhaust system, which in itself is a task as its an all-in-one system with no joins, so is a bit of an effort to get it off the car.... should be interesting tomorrow when I come to put it back on...

Am awaiting another radiator as a replacement for the 1 that wa bough new t'other week but has burst, so even if it was ready to start, I won't be able to coz the oil pump would just spray oil everywhere.... so its now a waiting game...

I wouldn't mind but we're supposed to be going away next weekend, looks like we'll be going in my classic Mini instead... that gonna be a wild ride LOL
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12680 on: 18 June 2016, 21:20:45 »

Fitted 4 new avon zv5 225 55 16 tyres to the tourer, got a bargin at £55 per corner, never had avon tyres so going to see how they fair over the coming months / years.
Replacement sevo pipe to be fitted tomorrow, and another oil,oil filter / air filter change mid week before our trip to theipval next week for the somme commemorations/ holiday.
if i can fit it in, pads and discs change as well.
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12681 on: 19 June 2016, 16:53:22 »

Fitted 4 new avon zv5 225 55 16 tyres to the tourer, got a bargin at £55 per corner, never had avon tyres so going to see how they fair over the coming months / years.well.
I had them on the rear of the tractor.  Due to the excellent feedback, it was a hoot for about 4k, then the threads were hanging out of them  :-[

I hope you fair better with durability, which if you don't drive like a complete loon, you will :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: 19 June 2016, 17:00:37 »

Changed the oil on the Bullet, as it was sounding like a bag of nails.  I'd been a bit lax, working on the principle that as it operated on the constant loss system.....   :-[  :-[  :-[

Changed the rear pads on the Bullet. Yet again.  With better rear tyres, I was hoping for better pad durability on the back, but seems not to be the case.  One of the pads was down to the metal, others had about 3mm on, so exercised the calipers whilst there.

Then re-removed the OSR pads when I found I had bits left over, and reassembled with the shims in ;D  :-[

Found the battlebus, and changed the oil on that as well, popped some electricity back in it, then re-abandoned it.

Was going to change the oil in TBE, as that's not far off due, but didn't have enough oil.  Need to get my TC registered at a dealer, as my old dealer no longer does TC  :'(
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12683 on: 19 June 2016, 19:28:18 »

All on Project II, Cleaned off flaking underseal from the N/S/F inner wing etc, rust converted and undersealed, rust converted engine sump, replaced missing washer pumps and flushed washer bottle through, swapped front bumper for MV6 bumper and cleaned and rust converted the surface rust patches on the crash bar then fitted new front number plate.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12684 on: 20 June 2016, 05:08:43 »

No work on cars as on nights at the moment, 5x12 hour shifts done with 3 to go then a quick vote before bed on Thursday. Don't think the Elite has been off the drive since I got back from sunny Scotland on the 3rd June, if it has it must have been a short trip as I have to put some fuel in it soon ::) little van does 50mpg so slummmmming it at the moment :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12685 on: 20 June 2016, 20:39:41 »

Project II, relocated Bose amp to side, fitted rear blind which has now decided to not work  >:(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: 20 June 2016, 21:00:12 »

Had a nasty misfire appear on Saturday. Found a cracked coil pack and plug wells full of water. Pouring water on the screen showed it was running straight through the scuttle panel join and all over the n/s of the engine.
Today removed scuttle (found most of the fasteners missing) and replaced it with a very nice spare scuttle I have had in the shed for a few years. Sealed the join and wiper spindle thingys with silicon sealant. Used all but one of my spare fasteners putting it back together.
All job jobbed now.
Back to doing the little chips & scratches tomorrow - if it doesn't rain.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: 21 June 2016, 13:10:39 »

Got Big Blue a 13 month MOT with no advisories :)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: 21 June 2016, 13:54:09 »

Replaced drivers side central locking motor on the 2.2 in a record time for me 2 hours  ;D ;D ;D

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
« Reply #12689 on: 21 June 2016, 16:05:20 »

crossed my fingers and took off the elite's sill cover and was pleasantly surprised to find this

only a tiny bit of surface rust in a few places otherwise spotless,if only my previous MK2 Astra had been the same.

John.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.