Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: TT
« Reply #15 on: 05 June 2018, 11:24:28 »

Slightly off topic, but I see that Honda have finally dropped Pedrosa from the works MotoGP team for next year.
It,s always been a mystery to me why he has been there at all tbh.
The two riders they favoured to replace him have already signed for other teams, so unless Lorenzo decides to go to Honda to be humiliated by the other dirty Spaniard - Crasher Crutchlow could actually be in with a chance of  works ride.
If it happens, he will have to get more imaginative with the yet to come chapters in his book of excuses.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 June 2018, 18:08:24 »

Lorenzo has apparently signed a two year deal today to be paid four million Euros per year, to be humiliated by his fellow countryman.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 June 2018, 18:24:53 »

Pedrosa though of course a good rider[aren't they all?] has always been a "nearly" man.However he was also heavily backed by Repsol who at the end of the day are the teams main sponsor.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 June 2018, 21:44:09 »

Its probably Repsol money that kept him there, but Marquez also being Spanish probably weakened his position, and he is being replaced by another Spaniard.
I would be surprised if Pedrosa doesn't retire completely. He has had so many injuries over the years, it must be starting to catch up with him I would imagine.
Some people seem to bounce when they fall off, but he breaks something every time he has an off.
Seems like a nice bloke though, unlike Marquez & Lorenzo.  ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2018, 07:32:04 »

Pedrosa has always seemed to have the ability to break something as soon as he looked at the tarmac never mind actually hit it.Marquez on the other hand has especially given his riding style seemed to have something of a charmed life in that respect,but surely cannot keep getting away with it.Meanwhile back at the TT a new lap record has been set in every race so far,with the superstock-running treaded tyres as opposed to racing slicks coming in just 3 hundredths slower than the full on race superbike :o

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 June 2018, 13:04:19 »

I saw that last night, and almost thought I had heard it wrong ! Slick tyres over a lap off almost 38 miles should cut many many seconds from the lap time.
Makes you wonder why they bother with Superbikes costing hundreds of thousands when something not far off a standard road bike can apparently lap pretty much as fast.  ???

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 June 2018, 18:50:57 »

Considering he went wrong on lap 1 and lost a bit of time rejoining he made one hell of a ride to not only catch but also pass[on time at least]the likes of Dunlop-who lets face it is no slouch-to take the win and the lap record was a fantastic achievement.The on board footage is superb showing as it does not only how hard the rear suspension is worked but just how much the riders get bounced about in the saddle.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 June 2018, 22:25:52 »

What a final race :y Not saying who in case others haven't yet seen it,but it was nip and tuck between two riders one faster in the early part of the lap the other faster over the mountain.Last lap and lapped riders came into the reckoning ,yet still a new lap record of 135.4mph was set. :o :o

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 June 2018, 21:56:33 »

That senior race was awesome. First year watching it and I'm gutted it's finished. 

My mate took me to BSB his year at donnington. Bloody awesome. Though I'll never ride a bike (nor want to) it's great to watch.
RIP Paul Lovejoy

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 June 2018, 08:29:36 »

Second sidecar race shown last night and yet another lap record set by the Birchall brothers,breaking the record they set in sidecar race 1 at 17mins 59secs it was the first sub 18min lap for a sidecar outfit.Makes you wonder how much faster if at all they can actually get a solo or sidecar outfit round the lap.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 June 2018, 11:33:26 »

Second sidecar race shown last night and yet another lap record set by the Birchall brothers,breaking the record they set in sidecar race 1 at 17mins 59secs it was the first sub 18min lap for a sidecar outfit.Makes you wonder how much faster if at all they can actually get a solo or sidecar outfit round the lap.
I saw the 2 French girlies finished 9th ,  good result for a very physical race , fair play to them  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 June 2018, 15:54:27 »

Quote from: BazaJT link=topic=142773.msg1862223#msg1862223 dato=152..8615776

Yep......119 MPH for two men a chair and 600cc.

It doesn't seem that long ago the first rider (nut job) broke 120 MPH on the big solo bikes.
« Last Edit: 10 June 2018, 16:05:10 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 June 2018, 19:16:48 »

When Mcguinness did the 130mph lap some years ago I think most thought that would stand for all time,and here we are now with a 135mph lap.Interesting to hear that he thinks the smaller engine bikes[lighter and not as vicious power wise]give them a little time to see the scenery where the superbikes don't.At anything close to those speeds the last thing I'd be doing is admiring the view :o and if I tried it probably be the last thing I did too :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 June 2018, 21:02:07 »

Cracking spot to go though :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 June 2018, 21:37:27 »

A 2018 lap with Peter Hickman. Enjoy as it makes you realise how friggin fast they are going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABIrUrNZ9HY
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.