Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.0 Air Con  (Read 3681 times)

sefton

• Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0 Air Con
« Reply #30 on: 18 April 2007, 12:05:40 »

I'll have to whip the blanking plate off on the dash to see if the connector is there. The compressor has wires going to it - looks like they haven't been disturbed for years. Don't know about getting it working though - the compressor is extremly noisey i that's how I found out abut the aircon in the first place, With no switch on the dash I didn't know it had it. (well I suppose tecnically it doesn't!)
Al.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 April 2007, 12:10:15 »

I'll have to whip the blanking plate off on the dash to see if the connector is there. The compressor has wires going to it - looks like they haven't been disturbed for years. Don't know about getting it working though - the compressor is extremly noisey i that's how I found out abut the aircon in the first place, With no switch on the dash I didn't know it had it. (well I suppose tecnically it doesn't!)
Al.

Did you have an aux belt which went on the compressor aswell before.

If the compressor is noisy it sound to me it needs gassing think it helps with the clutch engaging and releasing or something like that.

sefton

• Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 April 2007, 12:21:37 »

Yes, when I got the car the drive belt went around the compressor.  I changed it to a shorter one when the noise appeared. I think the compressor is Kn@ckered though as I can see metal filings underneath it.
Al.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 April 2007, 12:26:14 »

Yes, when I got the car the drive belt went around the compressor.  I changed it to a shorter one when the noise appeared. I think the compressor is Kn@ckered though as I can see metal filings underneath it.
Al.

I wonder if it has been working in the past, could be that because there is no switch there to turn it off it was constantly engaged and possibly working.

Certainly worth looking into I guess

sefton

• Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 April 2007, 14:40:20 »

Is it worth comparing engine number off the block with the one on the log book?

Could someone please tell me whereabouts the engine number is located?

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 April 2007, 20:02:54 »

The only button I can see with a snowflake on it is for the auto box.  The noise was coming from the aircon pump, so I put a smaller belt on and bypassed it. (I assume it was the aircon pump - lower right pulley as viewed from front).
Al.

The only "Snowflake" I have is to the passenger side o the gearstick, which is for driving in the snow (stays in third gear I believe). As for my air con i turn it on by pressing the "Auto" button then turn down the temp to LO and the air blows out full bore, if I raise the temp up the air blows out less...
Hope that helps :y
« Last Edit: 20 April 2007, 20:03:12 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.