Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Burger King Adverts  (Read 7873 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Burger King Adverts
« on: 26 April 2019, 16:37:29 »

Has anyone else seen the latest series of tv adverts for Burger King?

I am absolutely gob smacked about the awfulness of them as they show exactly what bad customer service is, and how not to treat those who venture onto your retail premises.

A potential customer in each advert is shown asking for a cheeseburger.  Then it shows everyone in the Burger King, including staff looking utterly shocked and insulted that someone should ask for this (to me an implied reference to the McDonalds offering) and then the "customer" is seen being humiliated by being told "not to come back"!!! :o :o. Then the message is that you must ask for their version of a hamburger.

Now in the world of good customer service you NEVER make the customer feel humiliated and unwelcome.  If a customer asks for something you do not offer then you make an alternative suggestion to win their business in a very competitive market.  To advertise that a potential Burger King customer can be told to effectively "fxck off" and to not come back, by daring to ask for a product they do not do, being made to feel stupid, suggesting the customer is very wrong, is plain ridiculous and very bad retail practice.

Now, yes, I can see they were aiming to make a joke out of this, but this is 'dangerous to your business stuff', as Ratner found out. I do never use Burger King as I do not like their offering, preferring MD's, and this certainly makes me certain I will never use them if they are so unprofessional as this.

Whoever is their advertising agency and in house marketing team should be dismissed quickly. :o  ::) ;)
« Last Edit: 26 April 2019, 16:43:45 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Burger King Adverts
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2019, 16:57:35 »

This morning for breakfast I had porridge with mixed fruit......... walnuts and brazil nuts followed by a banana.

For lunch I had tomato soup and granary bread.

Little wonder I am the perfect physical specimen and so attractive to women. :)

Tonight I shall have lean meat with vegetables. :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2019, 17:04:19 »

This morning for breakfast I had porridge with mixed fruit......... walnuts and brazil nuts followed by a banana.

And for late night supper Lord Opti?  All served by your butler I assume ;D ;D ;D ;)

No, joking aside, if you do eat that every day you should live until you are 110! :-* :-* :-* :D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2019, 17:06:08 »

I rarely eat a BK or the other crappy processed meat.

KFC is the worst unless you like tough stringy chicken and a greasy coating. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2019, 17:08:36 »

Perhaps we could have supper together Lizzie followed by.......... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2019, 17:16:42 »

And for late night supper Lord Opti?  All served by your butler I assume ;D ;D ;D ;)

No, joking aside, if you do eat that every day you should live until you are 110! :-* :-* :-* :D ;)

My butler?

Yes. She is a good girl and will be 23 next week. ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 April 2019, 17:59:44 »

My butler?

Yes. She is a good girl and will be 23 next week. ;D

;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2019, 18:20:18 »

Its an ad, designed to be FF'd over

A potential customer in each advert is shown asking for a cheeseburger.  Then it shows everyone in the Burger King, including staff looking utterly shocked and insulted that someone should ask for this (to me an implied reference to the McDonalds offering) and then the "customer" is seen being humiliated by being told "not to come back"!!! :o :o. Then the message is that you must ask for their version of a hamburger.
Technically, I suppose I'm still banned from KFC Oxford.  Apparently I was manhandled out of the shop and thrown to the ground for demanding a Big Mac.  I was a tad tipsy though, easy mistake to make.

as Ratner found out.
That was a very different thing, aimed at a different audience, and the quote taken massively out of context by mainstream media. Do not believe everything you read?

preferring MD's
I have plenty of cardboard in the garage, if ever I get hungry enough to feel I need Donalds.  Has that authentic Donalds burger taste and texture.  I will concede I do like their milkshakes, but no Donalds around here sell Milkshakes. Hence I never go.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 April 2019, 18:25:11 »

I see TB and Shami as natural vegans..... ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 April 2019, 18:26:24 »

Its an ad, designed to be FF'd over

Technically, I suppose I'm still banned from KFC Oxford.  Apparently I was manhandled out of the shop and thrown to the ground for demanding a Big Mac.  I was a tad tipsy though, easy mistake to make.

as Ratner found out.
That was a very different thing, aimed at a different audience, and the quote taken massively out of context by mainstream media. Do not believe everything you read?

preferring MD's
I have plenty of cardboard in the garage, if ever I get hungry enough to feel I need Donalds.  Has that authentic Donalds burger taste and texture.  I will concede I do like their milkshakes, but no Donalds around here sell Milkshakes. Hence I never go.

All great replies and observations TB ;D ;D ;D :y

After your experience in KFC (I never use them) I recommend you do not now go into a Burger King!! ;D ;D ;)

No matter what Ratner actually said, believe me we in the retail management field at the time we predicted what would happen next. :)
« Last Edit: 26 April 2019, 18:28:24 by Lizzie Zoom »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 April 2019, 18:52:54 »

After your experience in KFC (I never use them) I recommend you do not now go into a Burger King!! ;D ;D ;)
I like the Colonel's secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices.  Even if the chicken buckets give me the squits within 45mins.  So I tend to stick to their meal deals - zinger burger, hot wings, beans, chips, drink, for £6.  Or £12 if I'm really peckish ;)

No matter what Ratner actually said, believe me we in the retail management field at the time we predicted what would happen next. :)
Having been aware of the speech way before the media got hold of it - some here will know why - it was no different to any other informal event speech.  I'm sure I've said worse at informal OOF gatherings.

But, yes, once the media found out and twisted the actual quote, and then futher misquoted it into "everything Ratners sell is crap", that was game over.
Grumpy old man

2boxerdogs

« Reply #11 on: 26 April 2019, 18:57:03 »

Don't eat any of this junk type food , treat your body like a dustbin & you end up looking like one. Tonight I cooked a vegetable curry from scratch was delicious ..😉

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 April 2019, 18:59:25 »

Don't eat any of this junk type food , treat your body like a dustbin & you end up looking like one. Tonight I cooked a vegetable curry from scratch was delicious ..😉
I'm not old enough to know what a dustbin is. We have those big things on wheels, and I'm fairly sure I don't look like that.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 April 2019, 19:00:24 »

Tonight, Mrs TB will swing past Spice Lounge, and get me some spicy ghee with goat in it.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 April 2019, 19:01:36 »

Which probably means I should get my arse out of the bath.

TTFN chaps and chapettes.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.