Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Burger King Adverts  (Read 7827 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Burger King Adverts
« Reply #45 on: 27 April 2019, 18:01:26 »

......and your mutt.

Watch it Opti!! :o :o

I'll report you to the RSPCA for even suggesting that ;D ;D ;D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #46 on: 27 April 2019, 18:30:06 »

......and your mutt.

He's had more dogs than me.  :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27 April 2019, 18:38:07 »

......and your mutt.

He's had more dogs than me.  :)

Now I can quite believe that as Lord Opti seems to be not that fussy.  As long as it has tits and a bum he is happy!! :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;)

Sorry Opti, I couldn't resist!! :-* :-*  :-*
« Last Edit: 27 April 2019, 18:40:19 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 April 2019, 18:42:11 »

When it comes to fast food, I make and informed decision based on my previous experience and what I fancy at the time... McDonald's usually wins as they don't inflate their prices to suit the location, although BK do 'make' nicer burgers...

Equally, I won't buy a gizmo off ebay for a quid and then cry because it doesn't work... Mostly because I wouldn't expect it to work and therefore wouldn't buy it in the first place ::)

Very sensible! :y :y. Too many people now expect something for nothing and then wonder why it all goes wrong ::) ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 28 April 2019, 10:59:54 »

It seems that Burger King have form for 'inappropriate' ads.  ;D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8821343/burger-king-racist-advert-vietnamese-chopsticks/

I have written to Burger King and given them my professional observations and opinions.  It will probably make sod all difference, but at least I tried to advise as I would have done in days past! ::) :D ;)
Well that was a waste of time... If they actually wanted your opinion they would have paid for it  ;D

So you just sit back and take any shit thrown out by these companies; you, yeah sure!! ::) ::)

Any company worth their weight NEED feedback in this very competitive world, and to be fair Buger King actually have a "Feedback" site on the web, which I used. :D ;)
I think you misunderstand how (some) advertising works now. Times have definitely changed.  The fact that we are even talking about it means its successful.  The fact they receive *ANY* feedback means its successful.

No different from O'Leary saying he'd charge extra for being able to sit on his planes, it was clearly nothing more than (free in his case) advertising. Like many other companies, there is no such thing as bad publicity, and people flock to Ryanair despite the appalling service, because its believed to be the cheapest by many.  In the same way, some people only use ebay because they (erroneously) assume its the cheapest.

In the same way that a song now can't have a layered introduction like they did pre mid 90s, and advert has to have an immediate hook.  And although I've not seen this ad, I suspect they are trying to get "Whopper" or "Big King" or whatever into current vocabulary like "Big Mac" for a burger.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 28 April 2019, 11:05:29 »

Yeah,pull the other one!! ::) ::) :D ;)

They, and the lorries designed to handle them,  were not introduced fully until the late 1980's :)
And when did I buy my first house? It wasn't in the 80s ;).

Actually, at the house before that, we didn't have a dustbin, because the dustmen would only deal with black sacks.  And the same when I was a kid. In the 70s, they'd come into your back garden, carry the dustbin out and empty it. By the 80s, it was black sacks at the end of the drive. And some areas of that town had wheelie bins by the mid to late 80s.

So, despite your views otherwise, I can truthfully say I have never owned a dustbin.  And cant say I've seen one since the early 80s, although without one at home, they are not the sort of thing you notice.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 April 2019, 11:12:01 »

When it comes to fast food, I make and informed decision based on my previous experience and what I fancy at the time... McDonald's usually wins as they don't inflate their prices to suit the location, although BK do 'make' nicer burgers...

Equally, I won't buy a gizmo off ebay for a quid and then cry because it doesn't work... Mostly because I wouldn't expect it to work and therefore wouldn't buy it in the first place ::)
Indeed DG.  Though KFC seems to be best value. And I rarely get a BK on motorways or similar due to the high prices.  Fortunately the one near work is normal priced, and we tend to go there once every 2 or 3 months as a treat.

Not a fan of McDonalds, though do like their milkshake.  Their 89p cardboard burgers are handy if travelling though, as can be scoffed one handed.  And Mrs TB likes the fish thing.

Now a (proper, sit down) Wimpy.  Oh yes, come to daddy.  It used to be a trip to Marlow, but since the one opened in Bicester, that's cut my Wimpy drive from nearly an hour to 20 mins ;D
Grumpy old man

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28 April 2019, 11:37:12 »

They, and the lorries designed to handle them,  were not introduced fully until the late 1980's :)

Actually, at the house before that, we didn't have a dustbin, because the dustmen would only deal with black sacks.  And the same when I was a kid. In the 70s, they'd come into your back garden, carry the dustbin out and empty it. By the 80s, it was black sacks at the end of the drive. And some areas of that town had wheelie bins by the mid to late 80s.

So, despite your views otherwise, I can truthfully say I have never owned a dustbin.  And cant say I've seen one since the early 80s, although without one at home, they are not the sort of thing you notice.

Yes, TB, that was the case when we first moved in after getting married. Not only did they go through the garage to collect the bin (AND put it back again afterwards), but we needed to be careful not to leave any wanted items near the bin, else they would take those as well!
How times have changed: now we ned to place the wheelie bins in exactly the right position, with only the specified rubbish in them or they won't take them at all.

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28 April 2019, 12:29:28 »

I had you down as someone much older TB! :D :D

You obviously do not remember the days when a household with a full family did not produce enough waste - packaging - to require anything but a dustbin,  and the dustcart was the size of a small flatbed truck with a semi circular topped section, with side lifting doors, for the dustmen to tip the small amount of rubbish, often including the dusty remains of the coal fires!

How I miss those days, and perhaps we must all think of trying to persuade government / industry to put a stop to all the unnecessary packaging crap so all we will need are dustbins again!  Trouble is Health & Safety will stop any dustmen lifting what they did in the past! ;)

STEMO

« Reply #54 on: 28 April 2019, 12:38:50 »

In Liverpool in the 50's/60's, our bins were heavy galvanised steel square jobbies that fitted into a metal frame in your back yard wall, so the the opening was in the yard and the lifting handles were in the back alley (the jigger). The bin men would park at the top of the street and walk back and forth with these bins, often weighing more than the contents, on their backs, and then slot them back in when empty.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 28 April 2019, 13:32:08 »

Health and safety my arse... Doesn't stop them from rummaging down into the wheelie bins to check them or to remove bags to put into next doors bin so they only need to move one bin.  And they'd tell the agency kid with them to do it because they knew it was a) dangerous; and b) forbidden (see a) >:(

Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 28 April 2019, 14:01:34 »

In Liverpool in the 50's/60's, our bins were heavy galvanised steel square jobbies that fitted into a metal frame in your back yard wall, so the the opening was in the yard and the lifting handles were in the back alley (the jigger). The bin men would park at the top of the street and walk back and forth with these bins, often weighing more than the contents, on their backs, and then slot them back in when empty.

Back in the sixties when I was a nipper it was law that all bin men were wiry Glaswegians smelling of booze, with a Woodbine hanging out of their mouth.

They spoke in a dialect unknown to anyone not familiar with Glaswegian drinking pits at 3AM on a Sunday morning.

Lumps of heavy masonary hidden at the bottom of the bin resulted in a never-ending torrent of expletives. :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28 April 2019, 15:53:57 »

Health and safety my arse... Doesn't stop them from rummaging down into the wheelie bins to check them or to remove bags to put into next doors bin so they only need to move one bin.  And they'd tell the agency kid with them to do it because they knew it was a) dangerous; and b) forbidden (see a) >:(

I was referring to H&S in respect of dustman having to lift any modern versions of the dustbin, not just "rummaging down" into bins ::) ::) ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 28 April 2019, 16:10:25 »

It seems that Burger King have form for 'inappropriate' ads.  ;D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8821343/burger-king-racist-advert-vietnamese-chopsticks/

I have written to Burger King and given them my professional observations and opinions.  It will probably make sod all difference, but at least I tried to advise as I would have done in days past! ::) :D ;)
Well that was a waste of time... If they actually wanted your opinion they would have paid for it  ;D

So you just sit back and take any shit thrown out by these companies; you, yeah sure!! ::) ::)

Any company worth their weight NEED feedback in this very competitive world, and to be fair Buger King actually have a "Feedback" site on the web, which I used. :D ;)
I think you misunderstand how (some) advertising works now. Times have definitely changed.  The fact that we are even talking about it means its successful.  The fact they receive *ANY* feedback means its successful.

No different from O'Leary saying he'd charge extra for being able to sit on his planes, it was clearly nothing more than (free in his case) advertising. Like many other companies, there is no such thing as bad publicity, and people flock to Ryanair despite the appalling service, because its believed to be the cheapest by many.  In the same way, some people only use ebay because they (erroneously) assume its the cheapest.

In the same way that a song now can't have a layered introduction like they did pre mid 90s, and advert has to have an immediate hook.  And although I've not seen this ad, I suspect they are trying to get "Whopper" or "Big King" or whatever into current vocabulary like "Big Mac" for a burger.

No, I disagree.  Advertising still relies on a good, or even better, cheapest product (as you touch on) and it can be a failure if it does not appeal to the public. Sainsbury's, Waitrose, M&S, Debenhams, even John Lewis, no matter how polished and expensive their offer is it has not won them back sales from the cheapest offerings of Aldi, Lidl, Asda, Tesco, Primark and those firms online.  IT is the PRICE that stills wins the day in retailing, as it always did, then comes the level of customer care.  The difference is now that people want something for nothing; the cheapest it can be, even if it is crap!  McDonalds  have had a far better regime of advertising and product range than Burger King, and their unquestionable success shows the results of this. The latest BK adverts will not reverse that trend for the reasons I gave, like insulting,humiliating and treating your customers as stupid. Every business relies still on an ever growing sales trend to survive; kill off the chance of increased footfall, with the linked sales/profit growth and the business dies. ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 28 April 2019, 16:28:28 »

Without Waitrose, John Lewis would be flourishing...
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.