Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Coolant Low - SAFE showing on display -won't start  (Read 2928 times)

Derek_in_Penzance

• Penzance, Cornwall
    • View Profile
Re: Coolant Low - SAFE showing on display -won't start
« Reply #30 on: 13 July 2008, 19:50:39 »

Oh I meant to say that in the course of all this work I fitted a new heater bypass valve, just to be safe, as a result of what I've learned on this forum. How did we ever cope without the Internet?
Go to Facebook and become a Fan of the GM6 Spares Facebook page. Omegas dismantling, mail order parts & servicing. Tech 2 services available.

Derek_in_Penzance

• Penzance, Cornwall
    • View Profile
Re: Coolant Low - SAFE showing on display -won't start
« Reply #31 on: 21 July 2008, 15:29:06 »

Update on my woes ('98 3.0 Elite estate auto, LPG, 166,000 miles.....)

I adjusted the throttle cable and I now have kickdown. Great. But the gears are still slipping. During a ten mile drive to fill up with LPG the TC light came on and the EML started flashing quickly at me, as the gearbox went into limp-home mode.

Are these warning lights and gearbox behaviour what you'd expect with a knackered auto gearbox? It does work, after a fashion, and still manages to struggle up hills, but the writing is on the wall!

I've got a good gearbox en route to me and we are all set to change the gearbox as soon as it arrives.
Go to Facebook and become a Fan of the GM6 Spares Facebook page. Omegas dismantling, mail order parts & servicing. Tech 2 services available.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.