Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay Listing  (Read 3493 times)

Robin Hood

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottingham
    • View Profile
Ebay Listing
« on: 08 August 2006, 10:42:10 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270016227042&fromMakeTrack=true

Was just about to E-mail the seller of the above for his address and then noticed the name :o

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay Listing
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2006, 11:26:28 »

Could it be? Is it posible? Yes, there are TWO RonaldMcBurgers out there in Nottingham!   ;D

Anyway, why not buy a car off him? Seems to me that any car he is selling will be in much better condition than your average eBay Omega.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2006, 11:27:44 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2006, 11:34:32 »

Saw this listing this morning was shocked myself when I first saw it.

Definately one to go for, the bid was only on £99 earlier lol

Price has shot up quick  ;D just hope it keeps going up for you Ronnie McB
« Last Edit: 08 August 2006, 11:35:35 by nixoro »

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2006, 12:39:06 »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270016227042&fromMakeTrack=true

Was just about to E-mail the seller of the above for his address and then noticed the name :o

And your point Mr Hood?

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2006, 12:43:58 »

Could it be? Is it posible? Yes, there are TWO RonaldMcBurgers out there in Nottingham!   ;D

Anyway, why not buy a car off him? Seems to me that any car he is selling will be in much better condition than your average eBay Omega.

Thanks Mark. It is true. This was another rescued from death job as most of you know. It would have been perfect apart from the numpty sending me the wrong exhaust, hence why it is selling with the blown one.

Remember this has had a recon gearbox fitted 3 weeks ago, is diesel, auto, CDX and the climate works. MoT'd too so bid away. It will sell for whatever the highest bid is.

And for those, like me, that wondered why the gearbox went at 66k, I finally found out why. Speedo was changed at 80k, so the car has actually done 146k. Now, it all makes sense. Still low mileage for a '96 Diesel and will do many more miles on top of that.

Robin Hood

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2006, 14:37:54 »

And your point Mr Hood?

I had been thinking that the best way of getting familiar with an Omega was to take one apart and I might even make a bob or two by selling the bits on Ebay and seeing one in Nottingham at £99 - here we go...

I was surprised to see it was yours as I hadn't seen it mentioned and thought that you might be just a little tearful if I had gone ahead ;)

With the price now approaching that of your new one, looks like you've made a good swop and it's safe from my grubby paws.   :)

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #6 on: 08 August 2006, 15:29:29 »

;D Yep, I like it!

This CDX TD Estate won't be leaving me for less than £1000. Apart from the exhaust, it is fine. As always I've been inundated with offers, but when someone offers me the right sort of money I will let it go.

There is a good project in Kent. A 1996 Elte auto Estate with a dead gearbox, was cheap last time I looked. Might be worth a go?

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 August 2006, 15:39:06 »

;D Yep, I like it!

This CDX TD Estate won't be leaving me for less than £1000. Apart from the exhaust, it is fine. As always I've been inundated with offers, but when someone offers me the right sort of money I will let it go.

There is a good project in Kent. A 1996 Elte auto Estate with a dead gearbox, was cheap last time I looked. Might be worth a go?

Your not on about the CDx are you?

This one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-2-5-V6-CDX-ESTATE-AUTOMATIC_W0QQitemZ110017910096QQihZ001QQcategoryZ9858QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 August 2006, 16:35:43 »

Yep and it could be as simple as a valve block clean or oil change required.....

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #9 on: 08 August 2006, 16:48:46 »

What???? What are you on about? There is nothing wrong with it apart from the exhaust which has a hole in it.

.... Oh just realised, you are on about the one in Kent. oooops. ;D
« Last Edit: 08 August 2006, 16:49:23 by RonaldMcBurger »

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #10 on: 08 August 2006, 16:52:37 »

Ywp, that CDX in kent is the one. Reflection alloys worth a bit alone, but not a bad car apart from the box. Easiest and cheapest to sling an AR35 straight on.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2006, 16:52:52 by RonaldMcBurger »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 August 2006, 17:45:09 »

If its cheap enough, I may be tempted myself. Where can I get an AR35 (and I'm not taking it off my MV6!)
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #12 on: 08 August 2006, 18:24:30 »

If its cheap enough, I may be tempted myself. Where can I get an AR35 (and I'm not taking it off my MV6!)

Buy RB's TD....thats got one on it  ;)

Then swap em over.....take Rons TD back to him complaining gearbox is knackered.....Ron gives you a refund.....and jobs a goodun  ;D

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 August 2006, 18:33:19 »

well Higham is about 20 miles away from me ...

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #14 on: 08 August 2006, 18:58:49 »

Buy RB's TD....thats got one on it  ;)

Then swap em over.....take Rons TD back to him complaining gearbox is knackered.....Ron gives you a refund.....and jobs a goodun  ;D

Duly noted - lesson 1, do not do business with TD! ;D

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08 August 2006, 22:56:13 »

Have been looking at this myself might go after it if the funds are there nearer the end of the auction. :)

Could be interesting getting it back though just re read the ad and I dont have access to a trailor, so shall give this one a miss.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2006, 22:58:23 by nixoro »
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.