Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: TT  (Read 4111 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
TT
« on: 03 June 2018, 10:51:29 »

The first superbike race was a good one.A new lap record was set with a 16min 50sec lap to give a speed of just a smidge over 134.4mph from a standing start :o A flying lap of 135mph looked at one point to be a realistic prospect-perhaps in next Fridays race?Meanwhile today is mad Sunday and the first supersport race and also the [to me] real nutters go.I'm talking of course about the sidercar men.Fancy hanging off a tea tray bolted to a low flying largely unsprung missile with your head or backside brushing the tarmac/walls/kerbs/hedges.They're totally bonkers :D but great to watch :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: TT
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2018, 10:56:24 »

The first superbike race was a good one.A new lap record was set with a 16min 50sec lap to give a speed of just a smidge over 134.4mph from a standing start :o A flying lap of 135mph looked at one point to be a realistic prospect-perhaps in next Fridays race?Meanwhile today is mad Sunday and the first supersport race and also the [to me] real nutters go.I'm talking of course about the sidercar men.Fancy hanging off a tea tray bolted to a low flying largely unsprung missile with your head or backside brushing the tarmac/walls/kerbs/hedges.They're totally bonkers :D but great to watch :y

I watched this. Utter nutters with balls of steel. The footage looks speeded up but isn't.

One day, a loose dog, or a senile old lady going shopping in her 1973 Morris Marina will cause a nasty accident. :-\

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2018, 11:07:05 »

I know there have been calls for it to be banned for years-I think it was early '70s when it lost its GP status as being too dangerous]but the organisers know the risks as do the teams and most importantly the riders,and still they go.It must be one hell of an adrenalin high to race the island at such speeds and while they're willing to go it should be kept.They're all mad as a box of frogs of course, Ian Hutchinson went to the grid on crutches[and was still struggling to walk even with them]and still took a credible part in the race just to "keep his eye in"for when he can return fully fit.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2018, 11:27:30 »

I agree, chair racing is the ultimate. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2018, 11:39:04 »

The TT is great to watch but not as exciting as  the Monaco F1 GP last week. ::) ::) ::) ;)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2018, 13:11:42 »

Been watching this. Absolute nutters. Those onboard cameras. I can't even think that fast let alone navigate a machine 😳😳😳
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2018, 14:00:30 »

My neighbour used to chair for someone grasstrack racing.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2018, 14:04:04 »

I watched this. Utter nutters with balls of steel. The footage looks speeded up but isn't.

One day, a loose dog, or a senile old lady going shopping in her 1973 Morris Marina will cause a nasty accident. :-\

A bloke was jailed last week for wandering around on the course during practise. Then, while riding back the pits after Dan Kneens fatal crash, Steve Mercer had a head on crash with a course car coming from the other direction. He is in a critical condition.  :(
Short circuits arent always safer though. Shakey Byrne (who wins the BSB championship nearly every year) crashed while testing at Snetterton a week or so ago.
He broke his neck in two places, all of his ribs, four vertebrae, sternum, collarbone, various other minor spine fractures and two bruised lungs.  :o
He might not be able to get back out in time to compete for the championship this year.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 June 2018, 18:55:54 »

Another rider killed today. Adam Lyon, a rookie, crashed in the supersport race.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 June 2018, 19:23:06 »

I don't think there's ever been a TT without at least one fatality.It is always a shame when a rider loses their life and you have to feel for those left behind to mourn,but all the riders know the risks and take them partly I suppose in the belief that it'll happen to "the other guy".Meanwhile in the sidecar race the Birchall brothers broke their own lap record at 117+mph on the opening lap and then took that record to 118+ on lap2-the first "flying"lap.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 June 2018, 19:23:51 »

They eased up a bit then :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 June 2018, 19:28:40 »

Yeah,they were probably trying to conserve the engine ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2018, 21:13:44 »

It's not what it once was, you know..

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2018, 21:54:45 »

Onanists always think outside the box.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 June 2018, 10:17:54 »

Ian Hutchinson - Mad as a hatter brave 16 TT race winner, whose injury problems & recoveries to only do it again, puts footballers rolling around on a pitch in 'agony' after slight contact into perspective. :o :o :o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/44083363
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.