Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Parking Ticket  (Read 6687 times)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Parking Ticket
« on: 25 August 2016, 21:13:23 »

I parked my car in a street near to work yesterday and came back to find a parking ticket on it, now at first glance it looks like a proper parking ticket but once I opened it I quickly realised it was from a private firm.

Here`s where I parked my car, it was where the black one is now ( I took this this morning)

Here`s the ticket, note the ticked box, parked without a valid permit.

There are absolutely no signs at all saying it is private land or any parking restrictions and nothing on the road sign to indicate that it is a private road, there is only one sign and it is this one about cctv

I know this type of thing has been covered on here before so what is the best course of action, ignore it or take the fight to them?

TIA

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Re: Parking Ticket
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2016, 22:11:46 »

Cheers Stemo  :y

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2016, 22:21:19 »

As long as it's not a controlled zone just ignore it. Or ring them up and tell them to chew the bark of your big fat log just for the hell of it.  :P
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2016, 22:35:47 »

Doesn't look like a council ticket, no lines on the road or signage on the lamp posts so write to them and tell them "kiss my chuddies" then ignore any further comms. Take plenty of photos showing the lack of parking signs just in case they take it further, or they slap some signs up quick.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2016, 22:37:50 »

Not that I'm suggesting paying it, but what's the sign clearly visible on the building in picture 1?
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2016, 22:40:35 »

Doesn't look like a council ticket, no lines on the road or signage on the lamp posts so write to them and tell them "kiss my chuddies" then ignore any further comms. Take plenty of photos showing the lack of parking signs just in case they take it further, or they slap some signs up quick.

I thought that, but in this age of digital photography and photoshop one would have to assume that this is inadmissable in court anyway, and thus a fruitless exercise?  :-\
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2016, 22:47:29 »

Best advise is to ignore it.

UKPC have had similar scams brought to task before by their clowns placing tickets with times etc adjusted.They will need to obtain driver details from DVLC at a cost so suspect if you dont fold within the next 14 days and pay they will just give up.

If further correspondence should appear from them please post up again and further help will be given. 

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2016, 22:55:03 »

I`ve got plenty of photos of all around just for evidence, I might even use the works camera tomorrow as it stamps the date and time and it can`t be tampered with  :y
Not that I'm suggesting paying it, but what's the sign clearly visible on the building in picture 1?

That sign is just for flat numbers to the left, there is also another one showing flat numbers to the right  ;)

Cheers for the help guys  :y

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 August 2016, 01:18:08 »

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 August 2016, 07:18:50 »

Ignore it but be prepared for an avalanche of threatening letters from debt companies and fake solicitors which would scare the shit out of someone with a weak disposition, they'll give up in the end 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2016, 23:02:05 »

And so the fun begins  :D

I got the letter below today...note the bit I underlined about clear signage in and around the site.

What I didn`t see on the original ticket was the appeals bit and now on the back of this letter there is another section about appeals, mainly saying that my 30 days is up and the ability to appeal is no longer available , although it does go on to state that if I consider there are exceptional circumstances why i should be allowed to appeal outside this period then I should write to them and if it is rejected then I can still use the Independent Appeals Service.

I may write to them and see where it goes but as the photos show there isn`t one sign anywhere to be seen.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 September 2016, 00:50:35 »

'Until a few weeks ago, there was no sign pre-warning motorists about the charge – a breach of the British Parking Association Code of Conduct'.

You could try reporting them to BPA as it would appear that UKCPS make a habit of doing this kind of thing.

Several have taken photographs showing that there was no sign when they parked. Some, including workman Graham Jarrett and land lord Surjit Singh, have refused to pay the charge.Mr Singh said that the charge is not enforceable without clear signage.
As above comment.

BPA is now investigating member UKCPS, after Consumerwatch pointed this out on behalf of the disgruntled drivers. The BPA was also concerned to learn that the firm's policy demands that motorists pay its parking notice charge in full before an appeal can be considered.A BPA spokeswoman urged motorists to get in touch with evidence backing up the claims.
As above comment.

UKCPS manager Jim Whitehead said that the company has been the victim of "entrapment."

;D ;D
Yeh right.  ::)

The above quotes are regarding UKCPS in Leeds. It may be better to contact BPA first with your evidence to see what they say before replying to UKCPS.  :-\

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 September 2016, 07:53:41 »

Thank you YZ250, that's probably the best course of action  :y

BTW where did you find the info, not had time to do any digging around last night.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 September 2016, 09:13:13 »

Thank you YZ250, that's probably the best course of action  :y

BTW where did you find the info, not had time to do any digging around last night.

The article was with regard to a street in Leeds and I quoted it due to the similarities.  :y

I googled 'UKCPS managing director' as I was going to suggest putting his name and address as the driver on the day of the alleged offence.  ;D  I then came across plenty of complaints of a similar nature to what has happened to you.  :y
The article that I quoted was an old article from the Yorkshire Evening Post, which proves to BPA that UKCPS have still not changed their ways since being warned about it.  :y
I see on UKCPS website that they warn against believing sites such as PepiPoo, stating that they will pursue their claim, which does come across as a bit of desperate intimidation.   ::)  Might be worth a punt with BPA, using your photos as evidence to show that UKCPS are still breaking this alleged code of conduct.
Hope you get it sorted.  :y
« Last Edit: 27 September 2016, 09:18:21 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.