Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: No confidence vote  (Read 6769 times)

STEMO

Re: No confidence vote
« Reply #15 on: 17 December 2018, 20:11:37 »

I'm not sure but I think JC has just called a No Confidence vote.  :-\

A motion.... so maybe not binding?   :-\                     

I await the runny poo jokes!  ;D
He's called for a vote of no confidence in the Prime Minister, not the government. So, even if it carries, it will just be another embarrassment for TM, not a big deal for the sitting government. She can't be deposed, of course, because she won the confidence vote from her own party last week.

Ah OK I misunderstood that.  :y

But I was right that it's a 'motion':)
Who's a motion....Corbyn?  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 17 December 2018, 20:13:51 »

When I worked on the building, and was unblocking a choked manhole, my boss would always say "Get stuck into it, don't just go through the motions". Funny bastard, he was  >:(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 December 2018, 20:52:03 »

He's a pointless bag of hot air, more intersted in appeasing his union paymasters than anything else.

Along with many of his party, and unfortunately quite a few Conservatives, he totally fails to understand simple English ....

The EU have stated, several times, that the deal on the table cannot be renegotiated .... yet he tries to insinuate that he can negotiate a "better" deal .... I with who ???

All these ideas of "alternative deals" are dreams if the EU will not, and they have repeatedly said they won't, reopen negotiations.

Let's just say to the EU "stop trying to dictate to us, we are leaving with no deal in place, you can do what you want"   :)
On the other hand, Nige, TM knows that the deal can't be renegotiated, and that it won't pass in the house, but refuses to let go of it. Is she waiting for divine intervention?

She's screwed, up to a major point !! ... as Parliament have "demanded" a vote, they must have a vote, even if we all know that the vote will be "no". She has to give them something to vote on (as they demanded it), and the only item is the EU's "final" offer.

So, once the vote goes against the "deal" ... what then ?? we leave under "no deal" rules I hope.

Personally, I'd love to see her give all MP's a free vote, and to vote against it herself, just to ensure we leave under "no deal" .... and watch Varadkar scream and whinge then !!

STEMO

« Reply #18 on: 17 December 2018, 21:06:36 »

He's a pointless bag of hot air, more intersted in appeasing his union paymasters than anything else.

Along with many of his party, and unfortunately quite a few Conservatives, he totally fails to understand simple English ....

The EU have stated, several times, that the deal on the table cannot be renegotiated .... yet he tries to insinuate that he can negotiate a "better" deal .... I with who ???

All these ideas of "alternative deals" are dreams if the EU will not, and they have repeatedly said they won't, reopen negotiations.

Let's just say to the EU "stop trying to dictate to us, we are leaving with no deal in place, you can do what you want"   :)
On the other hand, Nige, TM knows that the deal can't be renegotiated, and that it won't pass in the house, but refuses to let go of it. Is she waiting for divine intervention?

She's screwed, up to a major point !! ... as Parliament have "demanded" a vote, they must have a vote, even if we all know that the vote will be "no". She has to give them something to vote on (as they demanded it), and the only item is the EU's "final" offer.

So, once the vote goes against the "deal" ... what then ?? we leave under "no deal" rules I hope.

Personally, I'd love to see her give all MP's a free vote, and to vote against it herself, just to ensure we leave under "no deal" .... and watch Varadkar scream and whinge then !!
Agreed. But why wait until after Christmas for the vote? What is she hoping to gain?

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 December 2018, 21:21:22 »

Agreed. But why wait until after Christmas for the vote? What is she hoping to gain?

More pressure on the EU to change the "backstop" ?? as a "no deal" result is actually 100% the opposite of what the "backstop" envisages ??

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 December 2018, 21:45:01 »

I believe he does that when he's off duty anyway............ ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 December 2018, 21:45:38 »

He's called for a vote of no confidence in the Prime Minister, not the government. So, even if it carries, it will just be another embarrassment for TM, not a big deal for the sitting government. She can't be deposed, of course, because she won the confidence vote from her own party last week.

Ah OK I misunderstood that.  :y

But I was right that it's a 'motion':)
Who's a motion....Corbyn?  ;D

He certainly has a serious case of verbal dysentery.

The reasonable, sensible OOFer from Swindon is starting to sound just like me. That's what those T wats in the EU can do to normal decent people.  :D ;D
« Last Edit: 17 December 2018, 21:48:27 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 December 2018, 09:43:09 »

What's your excuse?  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 December 2018, 14:31:05 »

Im just an objectionable R sole.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 December 2018, 15:50:36 »

Reminds me of that V.I Poo stuff they advertise on TV.

Why not give it as a Christmas gift, they say. :-X :-X :-X :-X I mean, who would give that as an 'Xmas prezzie'?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 December 2018, 15:52:25 »

Just being 'a bloody awkward woman' :)

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 18 December 2018, 16:09:21 »

Why not give it as a Christmas gift, they say. :-X :-X :-X :-X I mean, who would give that as an 'Xmas prezzie'?
I cringe when I see that. Do they really think that people would even consider that as a gift. I'd be too embarrassed to even buy it for myself.
Not that it would be any good. I usually crap myself before I get to the toilet.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 December 2018, 16:20:16 »

I cringe when I see that. Do they really think that people would even consider that as a gift. I'd be too embarrassed to even buy it for myself.
Not that it would be any good. I usually crap myself before I get to the toilet.  ;D

The ideal gift for a young lad to give to his first girlfriend....... ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 December 2018, 16:21:04 »

......his only girlfriend. ;)

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 18 December 2018, 16:22:02 »

......his only girlfriend. ;)
......and his last girlfriend.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.