Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just bought a 3.0 V6 Elite W reg... did I buy a lemon?  (Read 4506 times)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought a 3.0 V6 Elite W reg... did I buy a lemon?
« Reply #15 on: 23 December 2014, 21:57:49 »

Do all VX dealers give Autobahnstormers discount.
Nope
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 23 December 2014, 22:09:23 »

Nope
Trade Club dealers only, but most will haggle on service items, hence always ask for best price/promotion/deal.

Expect to pay near full whack for special order parts, but if you buy enough then you should get summat off most things...

rollacorolla

« Reply #17 on: 24 December 2014, 10:41:34 »

Right, got started this morning with cleaning out the scuttle and removing the pollen filter. Removed 4 fistfuls of mud from the passenger side scuttle and the pollen filter looks like it's the original!

Now on to the air filter. I assume I just remove the torx bolts on the air filter casing? Can't find a guide so it must be pretty straightforward. (10 minutes later) Damn, spoke too soon. I can only get 2 of the 5 torx bolts loose - the heads of the other 3 are rusted and the torx driver just spins round. Seems like someone else tried to get them off before me. Any ideas?

One other thing - the driver's door does not stay open when in fully open position - it just swings back usually onto my leg or head  :( Is this something I can sort out?
Cheers.
« Last Edit: 24 December 2014, 10:49:54 by rollacorolla »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 December 2014, 10:53:53 »

I can only get 2 of the 5 torx bolts loose - the heads of the other 3 are rusted and the torx driver just spins round. Seems like someone else tried to get them off before me. Any ideas?

Does the complete airbox come out with it's lid on?  :-\  Maybe saw a slot in the head for a flat blade screw driver  :-\ :-\

One other thing - the driver's door does not stay open when in fully open position - it just swings back usually onto my leg or head  :( Is this something I can sort out?
Cheers.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90510.0  :y  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 December 2014, 11:13:29 »

May be worth, at some stage getting an earlier airbox, with clips, which means filters can be done easily by hand. No idea why they replaced a part which requires no tools, with one that does, and invariably will rust and wear - as yours has)

Seriously - unless you've already bought £50worth of stuff, get and join the ABS first - you'll be astonished at how cheap service items are - the VOF93 for instance is £1!! Yes, a pound! Keith at ABS does a service kit - 6 x plugs, pollen filter, air filter, fuel filter, oil filter for £29... that's a saving of about £5 over TC price, and about £15 over normal Vauxhall retail price, iirc (which I rarely do, but either way, it's ruddy cheap)  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

rollacorolla

« Reply #20 on: 24 December 2014, 11:28:29 »

I will definitely join the ABS today. Haven't bought anything yet.

I'm trying to take the air filter box out now. I disconnected the outlet hose, pulled out the 3 push-in connectors, but I'm not sure how to disconnect the inlet hose...

05omegav6

« Reply #21 on: 24 December 2014, 12:14:57 »

It just pulls off ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 December 2014, 12:26:02 »

Nope
Trade Club dealers only, but most will haggle on service items, hence always ask for best price/promotion/deal.

Expect to pay near full whack for special order parts, but if you buy enough then you should get summat off most things...
My Tradeclub dealer gives me TC prices on TC items (obviously), trade price on everything else (irrespective of if its special order etc).  And delivers for free (which is convenient, as its a 40 mile round trip).
Grumpy old man

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 December 2014, 12:28:20 »

Where in Oxfordshire are you?

:y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 December 2014, 12:28:53 »

I will definitely join the ABS today. Haven't bought anything yet.

I'm trying to take the air filter box out now. I disconnected the outlet hose, pulled out the 3 push-in connectors, but I'm not sure how to disconnect the inlet hose...
Undo pipe going to MAF. First time you do, you may want to remove this elbow completely for space.

Lift the edge nearest engine (to release the peg going in the rubber grommet), you may need to manhandle around coolant hose on V6.

Pull edge nearest wing away to release the 2 pegs from their grommets.

Lift airbox out and back, the inlet hose will either detach or come out with airbox, doesn't matter which.
Grumpy old man

rollacorolla

« Reply #25 on: 24 December 2014, 12:30:30 »

Thanks Taxi Al  :-[
I've now joined ABS after calling local Vx Stealer who wanted £21.50 for an air filter  :o

rollacorolla

« Reply #26 on: 24 December 2014, 12:31:44 »

Where in Oxfordshire are you?

:y

Hi James, I sent you an e-mail. Will pm you now.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 December 2014, 12:33:44 »

I've now joined ABS after calling local Vx Stealer who wanted £21.50 for an air filter  :o
Not sure which dealers in Oxfordshire still do Tradeclub. I know Skurrays in Kidlington do, as that's who I use.  I *think* Bellenders in the Benson/Dorchester area might...
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #28 on: 24 December 2014, 12:42:14 »

Fair enough ;) when I was doing 1000ish miles a week, I was buying a fair amount of service items and only ever paid trade for off the shelf parts. You really have to insist sometimes with oil offers, but find a Tradeclub dealer and you should be sorted with an ABS card :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 December 2014, 16:17:14 »

Fair enough ;) when I was doing 1000ish miles a week, I was buying a fair amount of service items and only ever paid trade for off the shelf parts. You really have to insist sometimes with oil offers, but find a Tradeclub dealer and you should be sorted with an ABS card :y
The 4 for 3 offer on semi synth has ended now (still on fully synth), but TC price for a 20l drum is £26+VAT
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 21 queries.