Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LOCKED MYSELF OUT!  (Read 5437 times)

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
Re: LOCKED MYSELF OUT!
« Reply #15 on: 05 December 2015, 21:27:41 »

I used the RAC to get me in when we locked both keys in the car when on holiday. As said here I signed away any responsibility for damage.

Took them 10 minutes and no damage, but they had the tools and I had nothing.

Steve
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 05 December 2015, 21:27:58 »

I keep a spare key at home, obviously. But if I go to Liverpool to visit, or on holiday, the spare key goes with me. A spare key is only useful if you can get to it.  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 December 2015, 21:28:25 »

OK, here is the helpful advice. Modern cars are very difficult(impossible in some cases) to open without a key even if you have a box of tools meant for the job - which I do. This is by design! The doors fit tightly, the lock mechanisms are shielded, deadlocks are common and if all the windows are electric you can't wind them down manually.  ...

Green Flag spent an hour & a half trying to get into my daughter's Fiat Siecento when she'd locked the only key inside it by using wedges in the top of the door. Eventually he changed tact and removed a rear quarter light.

About a month later when she thought she'd done the same thing, I was inside within about 90 seconds after I'd made something to open the door from the inside.  ;)
« Last Edit: 05 December 2015, 21:33:48 by Andy B »

duke101

• lincoln
    • Omega Estate 2.5 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 December 2015, 21:37:14 »

Nick W ...thank you for a sensible reply. I was only asking if there was a way in without my causing damage, I was at my garage about 5 miles from home, i had plenty of tools available and i got in the car myself but not without causing some damage...not visible however. If the reply here was it cant be done i would have left it at that....however the first reply to my question suggested it was possible but it was unwise to tell me publicly.

Posted by: Harris K Telemacher
« on: Today at 21:06:49 »
Insert QuoteAs I recall, everyone who has ever asked the question has been given the same response...

If you can't understand why then that's reason enough for the advice you have been given...

Yes I can understand why which is why i asked for a private reply! Seem to think this has happened in the past when others have had the same query. I assume those of you who know how its done (if there is a way) have been told by someone else and not worked it out yourselves?

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 05 December 2015, 21:48:19 »

The highlight button works then... ::)

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 05 December 2015, 21:49:23 »

duke101

• lincoln
    • Omega Estate 2.5 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 December 2015, 21:58:46 »

The highlight button works then.

It works a lot better than replies to the question i asked do don't you think!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 December 2015, 23:46:17 »

Just a thought... Most people look towards post count as the first guide as to roughly how long someone has been a member. As you know, not a true judge, but a rough guide. Perhaps your low post count caused some inner turmoil in whether to share how to break into our cars :-\

Anyway... Yes, it can be done. No, I don't know how. I have a spare key and, additionally, the full lock out kit having been in the recovery industry. Having been in the industry I can also tell you how to do it with the least cost (damage wise) but wouldn't do it publicly.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06 December 2015, 00:27:22 »

I use to sell the lock out kits when i sold tools and garage equipment,and as you have stated it is not a thing to be discussed  ( how to ) on an open forum,,,surely to god that if someone locks their selves out of their car and manages to get in ,,wouldnt you  then do the sensible thing and get a 2nd key cut,,even if you left it at home while you did short shopping journeys and just round and about,,if you locked yourself out again then at least you could grab a cab home to get the key....if you do longer journeys or go on holiday then you take it with you,,,,other wise if you dont then you just get what you deserve for being plain lazy....

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06 December 2015, 02:04:26 »

There is, but in my view, its not something that should be discussed on an open Forum.
unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) google has no such scruples.  plenty of text and videos too.  even saw it being done on tv the other night or at least the method of getting a suitable tool (with minimum modification required) from somewhere and something that would ALWAYS be available to the person locked out.

i keep a spare key hidden on the car somewhere that can be accessed with minimal damage and slight effort. if you know where. 

T.m.f

• 4wd
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06 December 2015, 09:41:46 »

Tip for you.

When working on a car always leave drivers window open.
1996 300tdi manual discovery,the weekend mud toy and tin tent tower

The devil child ,aka mk2 2006 1.6 tdci focus

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 December 2015, 14:34:23 »

Tip for you.

Or getting a spare key? :D

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 06 December 2015, 14:37:26 »

Tip for you.

What? Like terry did?  ::)

duke101

• lincoln
    • Omega Estate 2.5 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 December 2015, 19:13:32 »

Thank you to Lazydocker, Flyer0712 and Migmog for your constructive replies rather than the posters of the unhelpful comments I received earlier.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 December 2015, 17:58:58 »

Pardon me if this seems to be stating the ble****g obvious, but if these 'lock out kits' are readily available to the trade, then perhaps it is just possible that nefarious types might already have the information required which would allow them access to our extremely desirable Omegas.  :-\ :-\ :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.