Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help request  (Read 4077 times)

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Re: Help request
« Reply #15 on: 14 February 2007, 16:02:46 »

Hi Gaffers

Tidworth "down the road"??

Am I being daft or isn't that like about 60 miles ???  it's easy 80Km as the crow flies....

But hell , the more the merrier...  

I'll defo get the BBQ sorted out for this event....

Wouldn't Gaffers offer to use his site be more of a benefit unless I'm heading up the wrong path but I usually associate pits with garages and surely the space would be more of a benefit if more than one car is attending could be wrong though.

As reading the other thread on this space to work on cars is lacking at the moment

Just an Idea :-/

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 February 2007, 16:04:41 »

I'm sure I speak for many when I say 60 miles in a meega feels like it is 'just down the road'  :D

I am free this saturday, then the next 3 weekends after that.  Should only take an hour from mine.

Gaffers

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 February 2007, 16:07:55 »

Unfortunately the pit I have access is on a military base.  I can use it out of hours as long as someone else is with me for H&S.  Getting a visitor on base isnt a problem but hosting a cambelt party would be pushing it. Also MaxV6 would prob have to tow his meega with a 106 for 60 miles........

I'll check though and see if its an option.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 February 2007, 16:10:47 »

Unfortunately the pit I have access is on a military base.  I can use it out of hours as long as someone else is with me for H&S.  Getting a visitor on base isnt a problem but hosting a cambelt party would be pushing it. Also MaxV6 would prob have to tow his meega with a 106 for 60 miles........

I'll check though and see if its an option.

;D It was just an Idea, would definately be good if possible.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 February 2007, 16:21:18 »

Apparently using the pit on a weekend isnt a prob as long as we comply with H&S.  There is also a large open air vehicle park to the side which would be great as a working area, I cannot guarrantee working space undercover as that will depend on what my unit is doing at the time but there is some hangar space we can use.

I have to check with the Garrison Sargent Major about getting civies on base and clear it through him.  Let me know dates and numbers guys as that will be required.  Eventually I will need full names and addresses and anyone who comes on base will need photo ID.  As long as I sponsor you all on base I cannot see a prob but we may not be allowed to have a bbq in the vehicle park (H&S) there is a good chippie in Tidworth town though..... :D

Should have a response tomorrow,

Gaffers

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #20 on: 14 February 2007, 16:25:17 »

Yeah... Gaffer's access to the Pit would potentially be very useful for Gearbox work.....   :D

As to towing the meega 60 miles behind a 106, well I've done dafter things, but i'm older, wiser, and the bruising hurts more these days.

If you read back from the beginning, and other posts....  you'll see I'm somewhat less than incredibly handy with the physical side of things these days....

So I was trying to offset my feebleness by offering what ever was available at mine on the basis of being somewhat more useful by being able to actively host and cater for an event....  

however , I would be happy to go elsewhere....  but with the best will in the world, there's no way on god's green earth that our Gas BBQ will fit in the Omega.... even though it's an estate.....  

it only JUST goes in the Sintra with the most of the second row, and all of the 3rd row of seats removed.....
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 February 2007, 16:31:12 »

If I can get a feel for how many people want to come it may be better it we start a new thread with an invite.  If some of the more exerienced meega fans could come it would definitely make the day very whorthwhile..

feedback peeps.....?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 February 2007, 16:47:50 »

As much as a trip to Salisbury Plain would be interesting....I think the 300 mile round trip might put me off a bit!

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 February 2007, 17:12:13 »

Yeah... Gaffer's access to the Pit would potentially be very useful for Gearbox work.....   :D

As to towing the meega 60 miles behind a 106, well I've done dafter things, but i'm older, wiser, and the bruising hurts more these days.

If you read back from the beginning, and other posts....  you'll see I'm somewhat less than incredibly handy with the physical side of things these days....

So I was trying to offset my feebleness by offering what ever was available at mine on the basis of being somewhat more useful by being able to actively host and cater for an event....  

however , I would be happy to go elsewhere....  but with the best will in the world, there's no way on god's green earth that our Gas BBQ will fit in the Omega.... even though it's an estate.....  

it only JUST goes in the Sintra with the most of the second row, and all of the 3rd row of seats removed.....

Howabout I come with my Transit Van - the Barby would fit in there with acres of room to spare and I could tow you at the same time!
« Last Edit: 14 February 2007, 17:12:58 by x25xe »
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 February 2007, 17:28:46 »

okay...  gentlepeeps..... I think it best to  consider it as 2 events......  

1 here subject to Mark's diary and other stuff not published, ......    on a smaller scale than we've started to envisage...

and 1 at Gaffer's base....   perhaps on a massive scale  :y  especially for those with gearbox Fluid and Filter changes to do.......  

depending on timing and Camp rules and regs and H&S legalities....   BBQ might be practicable carried  in X25's tranny van.... (although that leaves his meega un-done..) OR if I can get the brakes and stuff sorted in time... I could bring it in the Sintra , and volunteers could do the Cambelt in that (same V6 engine as the Omega... transversely mounted)

or there's always the hot dog van someone has :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 February 2007, 18:59:43 »

Yes, I agree this is getting slightly out of hand.

Priority is to get MaxV6's belt sorted, perhaps other little niggles.  The weather is far from ideal currently to turn this into a big event. Maybe something bigger in the summer, possibly enough 'experts' and see if we can break M_DTM's record.  BUT, the current priority is MaxV6's Omega.

Please bear in mind that M_DTM lives in Nottingham, so Oxford is already a significant journey.  If it makes it easier for you M_DTM, I will more than happily host this at my place in Brackley - little over an hour, maybe 1hr15 for you.  MaxV6, you can still be on BBQ duties, I only have a gas one, but is reasonable enough size to put a few lumps of meat on...
Grumpy old man

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 February 2007, 19:44:43 »

Yes, I agree this is getting slightly out of hand.

Priority is to get MaxV6's belt sorted, perhaps other little niggles.  The weather is far from ideal currently to turn this into a big event. Maybe something bigger in the summer, possibly enough 'experts' and see if we can break M_DTM's record.  BUT, the current priority is MaxV6's Omega.

Please bear in mind that M_DTM lives in Nottingham, so Oxford is already a significant journey.  If it makes it easier for you M_DTM, I will more than happily host this at my place in Brackley - little over an hour, maybe 1hr15 for you.  MaxV6, you can still be on BBQ duties, I only have a gas one, but is reasonable enough size to put a few lumps of meat on...
Yeah, I wouldn't call tranny fluid changes a critical item.  Also, doubt they will let me on the base!  ::)

Lets do the urgent stuff now and start planning another larger party for later.  :y
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 February 2007, 20:09:18 »

Mucho grassy arse for the offer senior TB

that's not the worst plan i've ever heard  :y  by a long LONG way...   and although I do not wish to presume or impose on anyone's generosity I am Humbly in everyone's debt for ever and a day and 12 hours  five minutes... and so on....

So I should bring a sick car, lots of bits of car,  (unless someone wants to get them with a TC and I'll transfer or paypal them the funds up front)  1 cow, 2 pigs and a sheep, + 1 barn of chickens ???  (or is that Chicken Factory around Brackley way still too "fresh" to mention??), a selection of knives and bread type things, Beer , wine, and a meat cleaver.?

and a bottle of Gas?

I'm still very much up for hosting or helping organise, cater for, or simply attend a major meeting of the meegas, quite  aside from ensuring my beautiful workhorse's survival.....   in for a penny, in for a pound.....   community spirit and all that.......  

so we should perhaps start another thread with Gaffers's suggestion-offer in mind and organise something....  just coz the sun ain't out to play doesn't necessarily mean we can't party.....

MAYBE we SHOULD actually make it a gearbox & Diff  party....   what with the pit facility.......  

with a few experienced hands on board it might be practicable to do a fair few in a day....

I would still be happy to sort something out here if so desired by anyone....   I might not be much use "hands on" these days , but I can damn well move mountains to offer some hospitality and whatever resources are at my disposal.

After all, there's always something needs doing....   and we still have our Sintra to sort out...  although that's of much less critical urgency...   thank god...

Best , rather effusively grateful regards.

Max

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 February 2007, 20:56:38 »

Mucho grassy arse for the offer senior TB

that's not the worst plan i've ever heard  :y  by a long LONG way...   and although I do not wish to presume or impose on anyone's generosity I am Humbly in everyone's debt for ever and a day and 12 hours  five minutes... and so on....

So I should bring a sick car, lots of bits of car,  (unless someone wants to get them with a TC and I'll transfer or paypal them the funds up front)  1 cow, 2 pigs and a sheep, + 1 barn of chickens ???  (or is that Chicken Factory around Brackley way still too "fresh" to mention??), a selection of knives and bread type things, Beer , wine, and a meat cleaver.?

and a bottle of Gas?

I'm still very much up for hosting or helping organise, cater for, or simply attend a major meeting of the meegas, quite  aside from ensuring my beautiful workhorse's survival.....   in for a penny, in for a pound.....   community spirit and all that.......  

so we should perhaps start another thread with Gaffers's suggestion-offer in mind and organise something....  just coz the sun ain't out to play doesn't necessarily mean we can't party.....

MAYBE we SHOULD actually make it a gearbox & Diff  party....   what with the pit facility.......  

with a few experienced hands on board it might be practicable to do a fair few in a day....

I would still be happy to sort something out here if so desired by anyone....   I might not be much use "hands on" these days , but I can damn well move mountains to offer some hospitality and whatever resources are at my disposal.

After all, there's always something needs doing....   and we still have our Sintra to sort out...  although that's of much less critical urgency...   thank god...

Best , rather effusively grateful regards.

Max
I have a TC card, and can get the bits if that makes it cheaper for you.  I can get prices beforehand (have the book/pricelist here) if you want to compare with motor factors etc...   ...TC stuff is genuine Vx from dealer.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 February 2007, 21:02:41 »

Yes, perhaps take up the offer for a bigger party a bit later in year when weather nicer....   ....may be able to get some cambelts with MaxV6s one, depending on number of 'experts' who can assist....
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.