Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is there no cup holder  (Read 4629 times)

Taxi_Driver

Re: Why is there no cup holder
« Reply #30 on: 05 April 2008, 21:14:40 »

There is in the facelift interior, it's under the centre arm rest.

V true Captn......and ive used it whilst driving....altho you have to have a coffee with a lid on the cup.....and for added security i lower the armrest back down so it wedges it in place.......coz for some reason its a tad big to hold regular size cups

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 April 2008, 21:33:45 »

Spoke to Jim Last night i ordered a cup holder the other day for £30 ($60) off the bay! and he shown me where it goes my mv6 already has the pinholes aswell :D so soon i can keep my bottle of buxton safe instead of it rolling down the passanger seat side!!!

flatmajor

• Northants
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 April 2008, 21:59:53 »

i use the wife as my cup holder very effcient :y :y
Reflection 2.5 V6 24v

FRE07962128

« Reply #33 on: 05 April 2008, 22:34:37 »

"Its a limited addition".

"You'll god damned right its a limited addition....It's got no fxxking cupholders"

Name that film ?

Bad boys me thinks?? ;)

The cup holder question has annoyed me also, i have a facelift CDX, and the so-called holders in the armrest are not really fit for purpose.

If i put a drink in one, it would fall over the second i drove off, also, my elbow would have to be tied tightly to my side.

Has anyone fitted some nice pop-out ones to their facelift? and if so, could we get some info?

Cheers

Iain
For obvious safety reasons, cupholders aren't intended to be used when the car is in motion!!!

Quite agree!  The police (when patrols are available due to the march of 'safety' cameras) are now getting very hot on people taking their hands off the wheel when driving for anything other than for driving procedures i.e. changing gear.  Recently prosecutions have been undertaken for drinking water and eating apples on the move.  What hope is there then for the driver to drink anything held in the cup holder when provided in Omega's?  Lizzie Zoom  :o :o :D

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05 April 2008, 23:45:14 »

So are these only available from the USA ? via fleabay then or can they be sourced in UK.

dippydave

• Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
  • how personal?
    • Vectra 2.0DTi Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06 April 2008, 04:11:31 »

i've been searching for cupholders for a long time too. Very very rarely do they come up on german ebay, mostly i can only find them through US ebay or even US breakers websites. Unfortuneatly they arne't a cheap part and especially when adding at least $25 for postage to the UK it gets prohibitive as the 'locals' will bid 50,60,80 even a hundred bucks!

There's a couple of US members on the forum looking in breakers for me as well at the moment, hopefully they'll find more than one! :)
Vectra Elite Estate doing good post-Omega service but still not as nice to sit in.

One last Omega on the drive, one Corsa on the lawn...maybe they'll go to a good home before too long!

The Doctor

• Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 April 2008, 19:40:05 »

The way i'm going with mine is to replace the factory stereo, i want DAB anyway, and use the autoleads double din conversion facia. I will put the stereo in the top section and put a 2 cup holder / tray unit in the bottom... REAL cup holders :)

dash trim

Tray unit

and the item listing http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Double-DIN-Drink-Cup-Holder-Tray-Mitsubishi-FTO-GTO-EVO_W0QQitemZ280215087695QQihZ018QQcategoryZ108815QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 April 2008, 20:42:28 »

There's a couple of US members on the forum looking in breakers for me as well at the moment, hopefully they'll find more than one! :)

Catera cup holder on eBay . com

hol666

• Lechlade, Gloucestershire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 April 2008, 20:51:10 »

The way i'm going with mine is to replace the factory stereo, i want DAB anyway, and use the autoleads double din conversion facia. I will put the stereo in the top section and put a 2 cup holder / tray unit in the bottom... REAL cup holders :)

dash trim

Tray unit

and the item listing http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Double-DIN-Drink-Cup-Holder-Tray-Mitsubishi-FTO-GTO-EVO_W0QQitemZ280215087695QQihZ018QQcategoryZ108815QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have to say that I prefer this solution  :) but not in my omega, only a single din hole and my DAB unit sits happily in there!  :y

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 April 2008, 23:22:34 »

i use the wife as my cup holder very effcient :y :y

I like it good idea :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08 April 2008, 09:17:55 »

"Its a limited addition".

"You'll god damned right its a limited addition....It's got no fxxking cupholders"

Name that film ?

Bad boys me thinks?? ;)

The cup holder question has annoyed me also, i have a facelift CDX, and the so-called holders in the armrest are not really fit for purpose.

If i put a drink in one, it would fall over the second i drove off, also, my elbow would have to be tied tightly to my side.

Has anyone fitted some nice pop-out ones to their facelift? and if so, could we get some info?

Cheers

Iain
For obvious safety reasons, cupholders aren't intended to be used when the car is in motion!!!

Quite agree!  The police (when patrols are available due to the march of 'safety' cameras) are now getting very hot on people taking their hands off the wheel when driving for anything other than for driving procedures i.e. changing gear.  Recently prosecutions have been undertaken for drinking water and eating apples on the move.  What hope is there then for the driver to drink anything held in the cup holder when provided in Omega's?  Lizzie Zoom  :o :o :D

I agree that drinking through certain recepticles can be dangerous but.....

Fluids are vital for concentration and the best way to hydrate is through regular small sips not gulping a 2lt bottle when you stop every 2 hours.  When doing a long distance drive (some of mine are 12hours +) I always take at least one water bottle that I can use with one hand ie a sports bottle.

Will I have to start using my camelbak slung over the back of my car seat?  :o

By the way, fizzy drinks and Red Bull actually dehydrate you, its how they make their money.   Just my 2p.......

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08 April 2008, 13:23:12 »

How long have they been putting cup holders in cars? Surely it wasnt that long ago that people would'nt even have thought about it, but maybe I'm getting a bit sad too as one of the things I looked for when I got my CDX was the non existant cup holder, maybe because I just assumed with the leather option and the  general high spec kit that it would have one. As for whether theyre of any use, well good ones would help stop spilling the coffee that always seems to jump out of those crappy egg-box drink holders that mcdonalds give you, you know the ones that unless youve got a passenger to hold them they refuse to remain upright where ever you try and wedge them for the drive back home.I've got a Toyota estima emina which has got quite good ones which work really well until the can gets empty and then the spring like base sort of catapaults it back out at you! Those Sport bottle tops are ok , just a pity you cant get them with red bull or coffee.Best advice? If you need a drink or a fag have it OUTSIDE of the car!

jerry ;D

Pitchfork

• Omega Baron
  • Tadley (near Basingrad)
  • Barndances & Morris
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08 April 2008, 13:37:10 »

Reminds me of the late, great John Entwistle of the Who
He has a pair of cycle type drinking bottles clipped to his microphone stand and would drink through the attached plastic tubes whilst playing which I always though was really briliant
Shame he was such a druggie though, but his other proclivities were something to be envious of! :)
Almost famous!   www.pitchforkband.co.uk Guitar & PA Amps repaired & serviced
Ears pierced while you wait. PAT & Valve testing

dippydave

• Sutton Coldfield, West Mids
  • how personal?
    • Vectra 2.0DTi Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08 April 2008, 23:44:51 »

Catera cup holder on eBay . com

they won't ship that to the UK - i asked - , and it's expensive I think! Ivan in the US will happily have it at his house and send on but all adds up!

Vectra Elite Estate doing good post-Omega service but still not as nice to sit in.

One last Omega on the drive, one Corsa on the lawn...maybe they'll go to a good home before too long!

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09 April 2008, 00:46:21 »

That is quite an elegant solution, just wish it would fit the facelift >:(

Iain
There is!?! here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-CATERA-CUP-HOLDERS-HOLDER-00-01_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ46093QQihZ013QQitemZ230237588483QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

It seems to 'pivot' or come out on the wrong side though so might stick in your back!?!

Alternatively one could have an F1 style tube 'drip feed' arrangement from a tank mounted in the glovebox!  ;D

You lot get more senile by the day!  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.