Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2ltr V6 Omega Cambelt Change Intervals, Written Details Needed!  (Read 3594 times)

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2ltr V6 Omega Cambelt Change Intervals, Written Details Needed!
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2011, 03:02:52 »

oldest trick in the book trying to rush you into buying it (maybe im wrong)
If you want a good estate there is one in the forsale section on here well worth the money cost you more money tho but trouble free motoring

shaunb51

• South Wales
    • Cavalier Dip/Volvo 940
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 December 2011, 00:25:58 »

oldest trick in the book trying to rush you into buying it (maybe im wrong)

I don't think your wrong on that, I have been stupid enough once before but as they say, "once bitten, twice shy".

If you want a good estate there is one in the forsale section on here well worth the money cost you more money tho but trouble free motoring

If this is the one your thinking of:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=96386.0

Then I can't agree more, stunning motor, great history, even low miles but, unfortunately, I cannot go that far especially as is just going to be a plaything for me.  Also, it has obvioulsy been brilliantly looked after and, to be honest, it deserves a better owner than I.

Within 6 months the sills/rear bumper would be scratched by my chair and the interior damaged, where I get my chair in/ out and other items ,especially if it's rainning and I need to get in/out quickly, things can happen.

It's not that I'm careless, I don't like ruinning my own stuff and get really "off" with myself, if I do, not just with a car but anything.  I was taught to look after what is yours.  If I could buy it, it would have whatever was needed when needed but, it REALLY needs to go to someone who is going to keep it as a Future Classic, I know Vauxhalls don't rate the same prices as some other brands but, it's deffinately something which needs a dedicated keeper, preferably with a garage, which I don't have.
Are you a Disabled Driver in South Wales, needing adaptions/modifications to drive or get into your vehicle?

Then look no further, speak to: http://www.citymotorservices.co.uk/contact.htm

oslo

• fareham hants, south coast
    • Omega V6 manual saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 December 2011, 00:20:38 »

I can't find anything in TIS directly .. but have found this in Autodata ..  clearly shows that from MY 97 onwards it is 4 yrs or 40,000 miles. Hope that helps

:)

Hi, I'd be interested in knowing what changed on the V6 engine in '97 to facilitate the shorter interval length, anyone ??

albitz

« Reply #18 on: 13 December 2011, 00:30:03 »

Collapsing tensioners costing Vauxhall a lot of money in warranty claims. ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 December 2011, 11:20:56 »

With regard to any cam belt change and road tax these are issues for the buyer, not the seller and we wont reduce the asking price of the vehicle on these points.

PMSL. The fact is, they reduce the value of the car. Can't expect to sell a car for top dollar if it needs a £400 cam belt change so it's very much an issue for the seller, IMHO. ;)

Let him stew for a while. There are other fish in the sea, and when he's had it sitting around a while his neck might get wound in a little. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

oslo

• fareham hants, south coast
    • Omega V6 manual saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 December 2011, 22:09:27 »

Haha....Yeah, undoubtedly but what I'm getting at is, why is the shorter interval length not applicable to pre '97 engines ??

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 December 2011, 22:20:27 »

Haha....Yeah, undoubtedly but what I'm getting at is, why is the shorter interval length not applicable to pre '97 engines ??

THey were probably out of warranty by the time the revert to 40K was instigated  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.