Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autovaux Code  (Read 955 times)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Autovaux Code
« on: 25 October 2019, 16:30:02 »

Just to let all know if you want anything from Autovaux (good site for genuine Vx ex-dealer stock, also now branching out to 'any part for any car' apparently... input code PAY10 at checkout for extra 10%

They very kindly sent me that email after I bought something two days ago!  ::)

'Only' 10% but if you feel that's not an amount of money worth bothering with just pm me and we can arrange 10% of your monthly earnings set up to a direct debit into my bank account  :D

Expires end of the month, chaps n chapesses.  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Autovaux Code
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2019, 09:01:14 »

I vowed I would never use them again, as their idea of "Genuine GM parts" differed wildly from my understanding of it.

It would appear, after a pointless conversation with one of their agents after I received some "Genuine GM parts", that is a given manufacturer supplies any part to GM, that means all parts from that manufacturer simply must count as Genuine GM.

I never fitted the Elring cam cover gaskets they claimed were "Genuine GM", as you could tell they would have a life of approximately 2 minutes, as they were rock hard. And as Autovaux would not refund them because I had opened the packet, they went into landfill.

Shortly afterwards, out of sheer stupidity, I bought some "Genuine GM" TREs from them, which upon ordering they assured me were genuine, with a GM part code.  They arrived in blank packaging, I fitted them (as the car was desperate for an MOT), and they lasted about 9 months.

So, IMHO, they can take that 10%, and shove it a long way where the sun doesn't shine.

Even if they have started down a line of honesty, they do not deserve to be in business.
Grumpy old man

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: Autovaux Code
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2019, 18:50:47 »

That's so odd, I've had several bits from them/GPS, spoken to them face to face at car shows, have nothing but positive to say about them... with them and ebay either I'm really lucky, or by christ, you get some bad luck thrown your way by the shovel load with 'dodgy' parts!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.