Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Me being nosey again  (Read 750 times)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
Me being nosey again
« on: 01 September 2015, 00:18:10 »

Took the mad terrior for his usual walk tonite & he insists on taking his teddy bear with him  ::)
spotted a group of lads lunch time with the bonnet up on a mk4 astra. They`re still at it 9 pm tonite ;D
I drft across the road & get closer to the car & can hear a loud ticking noise ???
Lots of effin & jeffin & head scratchin, " that don`t sound right mate" says I.  tattooed boy looks close to tears :( He`s wavin his arms around & nearly kickin off at the mechanic puttin his sockets away. I notice a discarded notched belt on the driveway. "New cambelt time is it"  "Yer but I must have got the timing out, cos it sounds awful" Tattooed lad is now revin the tits off the car in a rage.
I get the boy to talk me thru his routine, seems the last thing he did after turning the engine thru 2 revolutions is to slacken off the belt tensioner bolt & re-adjust the tension again.
"Have you re-checked everything again then  ???" No is the answer, with the work complete she`s back on her wheels & everyone is pissed off. Did he re-torque the tensioner bolt ........he can`t remember doing this. I tell the boy Years ago I had a cambelt tensioner fail on a 1.6 twin cam astra & got exactly the same loud ticking noise, as the tensioner tried to hammer itself apart.
Maybe a loose tensioner bolt would give the same effect :-\
woof said the dog as his Mrs stood at the doorway & told us all she was just off to bed ;)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Re: Me being nosey again
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2015, 17:42:02 »

What car was it  ???
Omegatitis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.