Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: omega troubles  (Read 1806 times)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
omega troubles
« on: 01 September 2015, 21:45:31 »

I have had this f/l omega since March this year,,,and I have had nothing but niggling problems with this one,,in fact it is the most troublesome one I have ever owned...it is only because it is quite a clean one that has made me keep it and because as we all know they are such a great old bus...In march it had cam belt kit and water pump fitted.....and all filters changed and new oil,,since then a new exhaust from cat back...reversing sensors...irmscher type grille,,front discs and pads...rear pads...egr valve...radiator...alternator belt,,,fitted head light washers....then this month another water pump as the one fitted in March leaked......oil and filter changed again along with brake fluid change....new thermostat and antifreeze change...that is without all the over heating problems recently...and thank goodness for all the help i have had from members on here...and now last Friday I noticed that the water level was low so I topped it up only to find that it was still disappearing from the tank,and then it began miss firing on start up and now a little bit of white smoke from the exhaust....yep you guessed it,,,,head gasket gone,,,it was only tested a couple of weeks ago for that and was said to be alright.  Any way because of all the money that has been spent on the car I have decided to have it done,so tomorrow it goes into the local garage to be fixed,,,,,foolish ??? maybe,but I may as well stick with it as what would i get for the same money,,,,,,maybe more trouble,,,,so as they say,,better the devil you know,,,hopefully things will at last go my way,,,now that is dedication   ;D ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: omega troubles
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2015, 22:15:32 »

To be fair, a big chunk of that is "Service Items". But I know what it's like... I fell out of love with mine a couple of years back because it needed so much doing... Sorted now  :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2015, 22:25:10 »

Iam not the only one then :'( Bought mine in february this year.new gearbox, brake disc and pads back and front, wishbones rebuilt,2 autobox ecu, and the story continues. :-[

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2015, 22:33:53 »

yep they can be trouble but they are great old cars. :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2015, 22:43:50 »

I can identify with this. The problem is that we don't treat our cars as mass produced tin that gets you from A to B.

Instead we lavish care on getting them up to or perhaps above spec. It is a costly business especially when they get written off and get peanuts book price not mint enthusiasts price.

I loved my mfl elite but it was only this forum and actual help from forum members that kept it running as long as it did.(13 years of ownership) . Next elite was a very basic car with many elite parts missing, however it drove better, cornered and braked better for a year - £300 worth.

Now got a Corsa (great) and a lumbering4x4 (which does what it is asked). I am however looking for a 2.5Dti LHD....
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2015, 15:53:47 »

Its just pot luck with these old cars . They are worth the effort to repair though , cant think of any other car that gives so much comfort for the price  :-\
Looks like my ac compressor is giving up so that will be fun sorting out  ::)
Omegatitis

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 September 2015, 16:49:33 »

Its just pot luck with these old cars . They are worth the effort to repair though , cant think of any other car that gives so much comfort for the price  :-\
No rush. Snow will be here soon  :D :D :D

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 September 2015, 16:56:49 »

But the Omega's suffer from steamy windows badly in the winter  :( So best to try and get the compressor sorted . I shall ring the Vauxhall parts place to see how much a new one is  :-\
Omegatitis

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 02 September 2015, 17:03:06 »

But the Omega's suffer from steamy windows badly in the winter  :( So best to try and get the compressor sorted . I shall ring the Vauxhall parts place to see how much a new one is  :-\
There's a 3.2 being broken........

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 September 2015, 17:16:05 »

A Bomb. Ring Nigel  :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.