Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I've only had it one week  (Read 7441 times)

steverubberduck

• Kidderminster
  • MV6 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: I've only had it one week
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2009, 21:29:04 »

You put photos up using photobucket.
Easiest way to show them.
With regards to how much you'll get, that could be anything.
But i would strongly suggest buying it back off the insurance, either keeping it on the road and having a "cat" on your logbook, or even breaking.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31 May 2009, 21:32:13 »

The missus and bay are fine. Baby's only four months old so wouldn't have even realised.
The write-off thing had occured to me and I'm a little worried about it. The car is absolutly fantastic, better than I'd expected and I waited about four years to get it.
If it does get written off does anyone know how much I am likely to get for it and how much it will cost to buy back?
Would I have complications getting it back on the road or insuring it?
If someone can tell me how to get photo's up on here I can post some.

Don't forget that it's YOU that owns the car & not the other insurance company & don't be bullied into taking it here there or everywhere or leave it at their approved repairers. When SWMBO had her car written off by a 3rd party, it was left at their repairers for assessment for a couple of weeks while they got their act together. After it was officially written off, it came back with further damage! :-? If I was in the same position again, I'd leave the car on my drive & get them to come to me.
Meet them half way regarding the use of 2nd hand bits or repaired items.  :y

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
  • Don't look behind you!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31 May 2009, 22:36:46 »

Have a look for yourselves. I think it's rather nice.
http://s685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/riskyduckfeet/
Obviously this is before the tragic event.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31 May 2009, 22:41:03 »

Have a look for yourselves. I think it's rather nice.......

A bargain if you asked me!  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;) :y
i have just removed a brink clip on towbar fron a 98 elite its as new ! swan neck still gold in bag with key and lock single electrics all bolts very easy to fit
£50 collected postage at cost  :y

cam2502

• Omega Baron
  • dumfries,scotland
    • 08 BMW 520d & 03 Saab 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31 May 2009, 22:50:55 »

nice looking car :y :y did you buy it from ebay recently? the pic of it sitting on the grass rings a bell

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 31 May 2009, 22:58:08 »

When you insured it, did you tell them about the irmscher bits ??? If you didn't they'll probably try and wriggle out of the whole deal .. :( However YOU can claim of HER insurance without any help from your own company, although you must tell them what you intend to do.

My insurance specificaly states that in the event of an incident the irmscher body kit parts would only be replaced by standard parts, they do this because they know they cannot get the irmscher bits .. :(

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
  • Don't look behind you!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 June 2009, 07:14:09 »

@Andy B: Thanks, if worst comes to worst I'll probably look at buying the car back and keeping all the nice bits for next car.

@cam2502: Yeah, that will be the same car as you saw on ebay. I didn't expect to win it and bid quite a lot higher than I won it for. Amazingly the only part I've had to replace is the Anti-roll bar link. Everything else seems spot on. Touch wood.

@Entwood: Cheers mate. The bumper looks alright, quick drill and screw and should be ok. It's hard to tell if the drivers door is creased or not but might get away with that. Just the bump bar on the door and wing, which I don't know if they are Irmscher or standard. And the wing is totalled. The alloy had marks anyway so I might just try to clean it up myself.
The insurance know about the bodykit though and hopefully that is all ok. You never know, might be alright. I'd rather accept the minor damage and get the wing and paint repaired than have the car written off.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 June 2009, 08:27:11 »

@Andy B: Thanks, if worst comes to worst I'll probably look at buying the car back .......

You already own it!  :y  :y  :y  :y

Bacon Butty Man

• Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
  • now own a Laguna 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 June 2009, 09:57:50 »

My beautiful Irmscher MV6 was on the way to a camping trip on Friday night, with me my other half and our baby comfortably tucked up inside it. I stopped in Tesco's in Amersham to pick up some supplies and my girlfriend waited in the car with the baby. THANK GOD SHE DID.
I got a phone call while I was inside saying that I needed to go back to the car immediatly.
When I got out there there was a scrape from the back of the drivers door across the alloy all the way to the back of the bumper. The wing was stoved in at the back and the Irmscher bumper is cracked off it's mounting.
How gutted am I. The woman who did the damage using her antique Nova had tried to drive off and only stopped because my partner had got out and jumped in front of her car.
Then she said that if it was going to be less than £200 to sort out would she be able to pay in cash.
I'm guessing that it may be a little bit more expensive than that.
This is how I feel: >:( :'(
It was a week almost to the minute after buying the car.
Gutted.

in my experience there is only one reason a driver wants to avoid the insurance, cos they aint got any

my Rover 75 Club SE

mathewst

• Omega Knight
  • Split, Croatia
    • v40
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 June 2009, 11:02:59 »

Ten years ago I had something simillar happen. Had a crash before repainted the car completely and two days after it was finished someone on the car park hit bruised one side (probably a suv or a small truck) and run away >:( New paint lasted for two whole days

ScottieMV6

• Omega Knight
  • Swinton, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 June 2009, 11:14:55 »

A Vauxhall Nova you say?
I'll bet it had an exhaust pipe the size of France, and the driver was wearing only the best "Elizabeth Duke" hooped ear-rings.

Crucify the stupid bitch!

Seriously, if people can't make it around a car park without hitting anything then they don't deserve the privelege of being allowed to drive.

as an aside, did you know they are the biggest (in turnover and items sold) jewellery retailer in the uk?

Thats because people who buy jewellery there feel the need to wear so much of it!  ;D
I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death!!

Vmax

• Waterlooville, Hampshire.
  • Missing life on two wheels :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 June 2009, 16:58:48 »

They wrote mine off with just a broken rear light and broken bumper and mountings  :'( bought it back for £100 though  :y
Keep Calm And Carry On.......
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.