Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Corsa C rear brake problem  (Read 7699 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: Corsa C rear brake problem
« Reply #45 on: 19 January 2019, 10:10:41 »

And there MUST be slack in the handbrake cables when released (which is a piece of piss to adjust from inside the car when the handbrake boot is removed)

Gotcha   :y

The muppet had been tugging on the handbrake with the cable too tight in the first place and now the the bloody shoes have adjusted that far you now have no clearence in the drum at all  ::) :(

Question, can the adjuster be wound back from the back of the drum with a screwdriver OR is it drum off time ?

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19 January 2019, 11:20:24 »

The adjusters inside the drum wont have gone too tight because they only move up one tooth when that tooth is available .if that makes sense .if the shoes are dragging and causing heat there is a small bimetallic expander that may have opened.
If I were you I would just back off the cable so there is some slack in it. That may be all that’s wrong.
If not ,back the cable off COMPLETELY then check drums are free to turn. Press brake pedal hard a few times with a 5 sec waiting time between. If the drums are self adjusting up you should hear a click as they go up tooth by tooth. If not they are either already up or there’s an issue inside .

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 21 January 2019, 11:55:28 »

The adjusters inside the drum wont have gone too tight because they only move up one tooth when that tooth is available .if that makes sense .if the shoes are dragging and causing heat there is a small bimetallic expander that may have opened.
If I were you I would just back off the cable so there is some slack in it. That may be all that’s wrong.
If not ,back the cable off COMPLETELY then check drums are free to turn. Press brake pedal hard a few times with a 5 sec waiting time between. If the drums are self adjusting up you should hear a click as they go up tooth by tooth. If not they are either already up or there’s an issue inside .

Yeh i've send mini me out complete with 10mm spanner to totally wind off the cable at the handbrake end......... 

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22 January 2019, 12:18:56 »

Plus of the cable is to tight, the adjusters don't work  :y

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 22 January 2019, 14:56:15 »

Plus of the cable is to tight, the adjusters don't work  :y

Well he finally got the near side drum off to find the spring type bar which fits vertically onto the left hand shoe of which the top horizontal spring clips onto has disappeared  ::) ;D
Mini Me swears blind that he fitted it and it must have been abducted by aliens or something  :-X
Personally, I think he has clipped the spring directly onto the shoe but hey, what the break do I know  ::) ;D
Anyway, a new one has been ordered from VX and fingers crossed he can sort it when he next has a day off  :-\

I've always believed in tough love but this episode would try the patience of a saint  ;) 

We will get this side sorted and then pull the drivers side down and find out wtf is happening in there  ::) ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 26 January 2019, 17:23:59 »

Okay the cars back on the road with brakes this time  ;D
Pedal a little soft for my liking but it stops pretty well and in a straight line  :y
Handbrake is adjusted and will hold the car to a stall on 3 clicks  :y

I'll probably push a little more fluid threw the system when I get chance to see if I can firm up this pedal  :y

As always .............. thanks for your help lads  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.