Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What a job.  (Read 3016 times)

2boxerdogs

What a job.
« on: 24 January 2019, 14:25:05 »

Let a very good friend borrow my Merc for his daughters wedding a couple of weeks ago, he noticed my clock was a few minutes fast ( never bothered me) so in the process of correcting it managed to change the language from English to German on the command system ! Easy enough to correct I thought , consulted the manual no joy after 90 minutes so googled the problem eventually got the answer from MB America owners the sat nav must be in the unit so all sorted now, but no mention of that in the command instructions.

STEMO

Re: What a job.
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2019, 14:34:10 »

Let a very good friend borrow my Merc for his daughters wedding a couple of weeks ago, he noticed my clock was a few minutes fast ( never bothered me) so in the process of correcting it managed to change the language from English to German on the command system ! Easy enough to correct I thought , consulted the manual no joy after 90 minutes so googled the problem eventually got the answer from MB America owners the sat nav must be in the unit so all sorted now, but no mention of that in the command instructions.
If he borrows it again, tell him to keep his fickin hands to himself.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2019, 14:43:07 »

Wait till I want to borrow his MGB on second thoughts don't think I'll bother even if it is a V8, heap of shite.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2019, 16:17:35 »

If he borrows it again, tell him to keep his fickin hands to himself.

This advice rarely works when given to scousers. ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2019, 16:22:14 »

Wait till I want to borrow his MGB on second thoughts don't think I'll bother even if it is a V8, heap of shite.

We often view the past through rose-tinted specs and when we get the chance to sample the past  we often regret it.

..........Much like the girl 'we all fancied the arse off' at school. She turned into a great lump of lard. :-\

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2019, 17:31:39 »

We often view the past through rose-tinted specs and when we get the chance to sample the past  we often regret it.

..........Much like the girl 'we all fancied the arse off' at school. She turned into a great lump of lard. :-\
Yes. As I, and you I'm guessing, know, you can never look back. I tried it with one of my ex wives and it didn't end well.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2019, 17:48:03 »

Yes. As I, and you I'm guessing, know, you can never look back. I tried it with one of my ex wives and it didn't end well.

Women need to be more attentive to their men and make sure they always look their best for their man. Men wouldn't stray 'so often' then. :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2019, 17:55:42 »

If only Merc used the RDS signal like Vauxhall does/did .... for a company that professes to be a premium brand, they don't half have some half arsed ways of thinking

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 January 2019, 18:08:11 »

If only Merc used the RDS signal like Vauxhall does/did .... for a company that professes to be a premium brand, they don't half have some half arsed ways of thinking

No, it's because they're a premium brand that they do it in half-arsed ways. If it were simple, and obvious why would you buy an expensive version? And being German is another large part of that thinking.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #9 on: 24 January 2019, 18:15:58 »

A lot of the facilities available on the command system I don't even bother with not any good with technical gizmos, but having everything in German on the screen was just too much for me, and by the looks of it for the original owner when I got into the date it was set at 30/06/99 the day the car was completed at the factory according to the build card, the date is now correct.

aaronjb

« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2019, 10:12:38 »

Neither of my Omegas ever managed to automatically set the clock..

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 January 2019, 11:12:50 »

Even my Astra Gs auto set their clocks .....

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 January 2019, 11:23:35 »

My Jaguar doesn't. But if the Sat Nav and all other electrical items are from the Tandy parts bin circa 1972 this is hardly a surprise. :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 January 2019, 11:46:01 »

My Jaguar doesn't. But if the Sat Nav and all other electrical items are from the Tandy parts bin circa 1972 this is hardly a surprise. :-\

Neither does my Merc though it does change to & from British Summer time and GMT by itself ..... No sat-nav (Comand) fitted in my car

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 January 2019, 12:41:34 »

Mine did, but you had to have the radio on tuned to a local station, as they transmitted the time info. The likes of R1,R2 etc don't.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.