Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vectra C no. plate lights.  (Read 3208 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Vectra C no. plate lights.
« on: 04 February 2019, 19:31:54 »

When i unlock the car the no. plate lights come on even though the lights are all switched off. Have any owners, past and present, had this?

STEMO

Re: Vectra C no. plate lights.
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2019, 19:36:57 »

Yep, it's so you can find your car in the dark.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2019, 19:55:16 »

Astra H does it
I believe you can do something with stalks and buttons to program the side lights to come on and other options

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2019, 19:59:16 »

When i unlock the car the no. plate lights come on even though the lights are all switched off. Have any owners, past and present, had this?
Can't recall :-[

Try the manual :D

Page 132 if facelift... Dipped Beam and Reversing lights for 30 seconds after locking... Switched on/off with Main Beam Flash.

Prefacelift might be different ;)
« Last Edit: 04 February 2019, 20:09:57 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2019, 20:20:27 »

Number plate lights come on regardless.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2019, 20:45:21 »

Number plate lights come on regardless.
Having Please read the manual, Vauxhall clearly neglected to mention it ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 February 2019, 21:28:56 »

Page 128 of my manual says "In positions side light and head lights, the tail lights and number plate are also on". That,s the only time that the no. plate lights are mentioned, unless i,ve missed something. :-\

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2019, 22:04:59 »

What fickin difference does it actually make?  ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 February 2019, 22:27:01 »

Page 128 of my manual says "In positions side light and head lights, the tail lights and number plate are also on". That,s the only time that the no. plate lights are mentioned, unless i,ve missed something. :-\

My Signum used to do same thing :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 February 2019, 22:43:10 »

It's not inconceivable that the number plate lights are connected to the interior lights via the rear BCM :-\

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 February 2019, 23:15:39 »

None, just asking really as i,ve never had it before :-*

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 February 2019, 23:17:21 »

My Signum used to do same thing :y
Thanks Henry.  :y

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 05 February 2019, 06:53:39 »

Well I told you, but you carried on regardless. Every astra I've had did it.  :P

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 February 2019, 07:03:12 »

Zaf B also does it

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 February 2019, 08:19:17 »

Well I told you, but you carried on regardless. Every astra I've had did it.  :P
Neither of my Astra Gs did (cant remember year but around 2000  :-\)

STEMO

« Reply #15 on: 05 February 2019, 10:31:28 »

None of my astras were astra G's, so that would explain that one.  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 February 2019, 10:44:00 »

None of my astras were astra G's, so that would explain that one.  ;D
;D ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 February 2019, 10:56:43 »

I think its something to do with the "Boot now Unlocked", the early Veccy C's didnt do it, and they had Key Lock Button on the Boot as well as Boot release Button on the Drivers Door, Later Vec C's just have a Push Button on the Boot, no Key Lock.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 February 2019, 11:47:18 »

I think its something to do with the "Boot now Unlocked", the early Veccy C's didnt do it, and they had Key Lock Button on the Boot as well as Boot release Button on the Drivers Door, Later Vec C's just have a Push Button on the Boot, no Key Lock.
Canbus complicating something simple :D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 February 2019, 11:55:50 »

Never had either Astra or Vectra (until now), only Migs, so was a new one to me. Was just asking. :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 February 2019, 12:08:28 »

Never had either Astra or Vectra (until now), only Migs, so was a new one to me. Was just asking. :y

Here you go Ron, just for you, "Veccy Secrets" not mine, taken from the Vectra C Forum, some are Year and Model Spec specific, but I bet theres a few on there you didnt know about.
 ;)

1 - Windows go up or down if you push and hold the open or close buttons on keyfob.
2 - Disconnect the speaker in boot for alarm to have horn go off instead
3 - Open drivers door and flash headlights and the front lights and reverse lights will stay on for 30secs
4 - If you have sight and light pack (or Auto Wipers) the windows go up themselves if it rains while your out of the car.
5 - Sit in the car hold the lock button on the key and lock button on the door for about 10seconds until a beep occurs for anti-hijack door locking
6 - Rear windscreen wiper sweeps when in reverse when front wipers are on
7 - If 1 of your brake lights fail the ECU uses another bulb in the cluster (red 1 of course)
8 - If you have electric memory seats then the car remembers the position of the seat, door mirrors and internal mirror for each key fob and adjusts them all back to that setting when each key unlocks the car.
9 - Parking lights
The front parking light and tail light of one side of the vehicle can be activated when parking:

1. Set light switch to 0 or AUTO .
2. Ignition off.
3. Move turn signal stalk all the way up (right parking light) or down (left parking light).
An acoustic signal sounds and control indicator <> illuminates briefly in the instrument cluster to indicate activation.
Remove the ignition key before leaving the vehicle.
To switch it off, switch on the ignition or move the turn signal stalk in the opposite direction.

10 - Press auto switch on ECC after you stopped the engine, it will activate residual air conditioning.
11 - Hold the 'SETTINGS' or 'MAIN' button for 10 seconds/until a beep is heard on the stereo and then press the BC button to cycle through the hidden screens.
One of the items in one of hidden screens shows U-Term-30 (or similar, it's in the top of a right hand column) and this displays the voltage at the battery, so you can get an idea about the battery condition and how well the alternator is working.
12 - If you don't have a TC switch then this may work on your car, it does on mine... With the engine running flick the ignition off and on quickly so it still runs. All the normal warning lights come on and then go off except the TC light this stays on and voila! TC is off!!
13 - On full CANBUS cars, when the fuel is low and !!RANGE!! appears, hold the round selector wheel down on the steering wheel to acknowledge the message and get your normal info display back. (this works with other info, such as low washer fluid level as well.)
14 - Radio Ignition On Logic is programmed per key.
15 - One-press unlocking of all doors can be programmed similar to 5 above, but use Unlock button on the key fob.
16 - Wipers can be set to a vertical position after switching off the ignition (with the key in the ignition hold down the wiper stalk for a few seconds and release it when they are in the right position).
17 - The manual is a mine of useful information
18 - If you unlock the car but do not open a door or the boot within about a minute the car will lock it's self again

Cont.......

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 February 2019, 12:08:56 »

19 - If you don't fit lowering springs then at least one spring WILL snap
20 - If you don't put fuel in you will run out
21 - Man go to bed with itchy bum, he wakes up with smelly finger !
22 - Remember Duncan posting this. If you have climate control (ECC), and you press in the rotating fan button, you get the option to adjust where the air blows.
23 - If you press the Un-lock button on the keyfob for more than 3 sec, the electric windows will open
24 - If you press the Lock-button on the keyfob for 3 sec, the windows will close/you can partly close the windows by stop pressing the button before windows fully closed.
25 - For cars with Bluetooth and climate control-if the fan is set to auto and you receive or make a call the fan will blow more quietly. Also works with some aftermarket handsfree kits when the headunit is on mute.
26 - Dualzone climate temp sync: when both temp-regulators are at same temp, push the drivers regulator once. Then you will get same temperature on both sides as long as you only adjust with the drivers knob. Handy when you mainly use the car alone. As soon as the passengers knob is used, the sync will stop and reverting back to normal operation.
27 - Passenger side mirror to flip down when reverse (For models with seats with memory) When button for adjusting passenger side mirror is selected in drivers door panel, the mirror will flip down when reversing, and of course going back to normal position when not reversing.
28 - When you want to cruise outside England, just put any maxi fuse in the 37 slot of the engine bay fuse box. This will switch your headlights as if the car was a left hand drive. (I think this only works with AFL option, but you might try with the other versions too).
29 - If like me you found the rain sensor not working to well, just open the plastic casing behind the rear view mirror and disconnect the plug....this will return the wipers to normal operating mode (i.e. you can adjust to how often you want them to come on with the roller)
30 - The filling neck of the Washer Bottle pulls off to allow better access to back of the front light cluster.
31 - Starting the engine 4 times in a row, resets the emission warning light.
32 - If, like me, you lose one touch window open/close overnight, sit in car with ignition on, lower each window, close window then hold button for three seconds once closed. Hey presto, one touch open/close reinstated.
33 - If you want side lights and front fogs on only, switch on headlights, switch on front fogs then switch back to sidelights. Doesn't work other way round, (ie sidelights first then front fogs).
34 - The drivers settings are stored to a specific key upon locking the car (climate control settings, seat & mirror positions, maybe more), so that your last settings are automatically enganged when unlocking and openening the drivers door (seat and mirror position only with memory package), i.e. the drivers seat will move into your last position when car is unlocked and drivers door is opened.
35 - On the back of the petrol flap just above the valve cap tool there is a plastic slide holster to hold the petrol cap when you fill up, no excuse for leaving the petrol cap on the petrol pump now
35A - The grey plastic thingy clipped inside the fuel filler cap is actually for removing the dust caps from the wheel valve's to check the tyre pressures. It is NOT a handy place to leave your cigarette whilst refuelling.
36. Open glovebox. Please read the manual that should be located inside said glovebox.
37. If you have dead main battery and you try to crank the engine, it sounds factory car alarm horn instead of starter relay clicking. (Scared **** of me, because I was messing with wires)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 February 2019, 12:18:53 »

The Omega does some of those things...

Memory seats are a very rare find on facelift cars.

Adaptive Forward Lighting was a £1,000 option, so almost no cars were build with it. Plod V6s had standard xenon units.

I found on both my facelift Design spec cars that there were at least two ways to control the menus.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 February 2019, 17:49:00 »

19 - If you don't fit lowering springs then at least one spring WILL snap
20 - If you don't put fuel in you will run out
21 - Man go to bed with itchy bum, he wakes up with smelly finger !
22 - Remember Duncan posting this. If you have climate control (ECC), and you press in the rotating fan button, you get the option to adjust where the air blows.
23 - If you press the Un-lock button on the keyfob for more than 3 sec, the electric windows will open
24 - If you press the Lock-button on the keyfob for 3 sec, the windows will close/you can partly close the windows by stop pressing the button before windows fully closed.
25 - For cars with Bluetooth and climate control-if the fan is set to auto and you receive or make a call the fan will blow more quietly. Also works with some aftermarket handsfree kits when the headunit is on mute.
26 - Dualzone climate temp sync: when both temp-regulators are at same temp, push the drivers regulator once. Then you will get same temperature on both sides as long as you only adjust with the drivers knob. Handy when you mainly use the car alone. As soon as the passengers knob is used, the sync will stop and reverting back to normal operation.
27 - Passenger side mirror to flip down when reverse (For models with seats with memory) When button for adjusting passenger side mirror is selected in drivers door panel, the mirror will flip down when reversing, and of course going back to normal position when not reversing.
28 - When you want to cruise outside England, just put any maxi fuse in the 37 slot of the engine bay fuse box. This will switch your headlights as if the car was a left hand drive. (I think this only works with AFL option, but you might try with the other versions too).
29 - If like me you found the rain sensor not working to well, just open the plastic casing behind the rear view mirror and disconnect the plug....this will return the wipers to normal operating mode (i.e. you can adjust to how often you want them to come on with the roller)
30 - The filling neck of the Washer Bottle pulls off to allow better access to back of the front light cluster.
31 - Starting the engine 4 times in a row, resets the emission warning light.
32 - If, like me, you lose one touch window open/close overnight, sit in car with ignition on, lower each window, close window then hold button for three seconds once closed. Hey presto, one touch open/close reinstated.
33 - If you want side lights and front fogs on only, switch on headlights, switch on front fogs then switch back to sidelights. Doesn't work other way round, (ie sidelights first then front fogs).
34 - The drivers settings are stored to a specific key upon locking the car (climate control settings, seat & mirror positions, maybe more), so that your last settings are automatically enganged when unlocking and openening the drivers door (seat and mirror position only with memory package), i.e. the drivers seat will move into your last position when car is unlocked and drivers door is opened.
35 - On the back of the petrol flap just above the valve cap tool there is a plastic slide holster to hold the petrol cap when you fill up, no excuse for leaving the petrol cap on the petrol pump now
35A - The grey plastic thingy clipped inside the fuel filler cap is actually for removing the dust caps from the wheel valve's to check the tyre pressures. It is NOT a handy place to leave your cigarette whilst refuelling.
36. Open glovebox. Please read the manual that should be located inside said glovebox.
37. If you have dead main battery and you try to crank the engine, it sounds factory car alarm horn instead of starter relay clicking. (Scared **** of me, because I was messing with wires)
Thanks Zirk  :y . Do your fingers ache? :D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 February 2019, 21:16:59 »

Nah,  Ctrl C then Ctrl V.  :)
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.