Author Topic: seats  (Read 5548 times)

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
seats
« on: 09 September 2016, 17:50:53 »

As its seems nobody wants my grey elite seats.

THESE ARE NOW FREE....

i will have them for a week then the local skip will get them.

if you want them come and get them.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: seats
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2016, 09:01:11 »

Are these cloth or leather? Sorry, I dont remember the original post, I've had a sleep since then!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2016, 09:10:43 »

leather :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2016, 09:14:10 »

Ah, fair enough. I'm on the lookout for some rear heated cloth ones. I have on OOFer who may have one but thought it doesn't hurt to ask. Well I hope you get something for them.  :y

You know what will happen the day after the skip goes... "Hi everyone I'm a newbie. Just bought my Omega, only thing is the leather interior has got paint/dog scratches/blood all over it, had anone got a full interior. I'll happily pay whatever you want/have a go on my daughter for a set, must be grey. I live near Hayes, Middlesex. Thanks"  ::)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2016, 09:31:01 »

You know what will happen the day after the skip goes... "Hi everyone I'm a newbie. Just bought my Omega, only thing is the leather interior has got paint/dog scratches/blood all over it, had anone got a full interior. I'll happily pay whatever you want/have a go on my daughter for a set, must be grey. I live near Hayes, Middlesex. Thanks"  ::)
[/q
uote]

Always Happens, My trouble is I dont have the space to store them.

Could you not strip the heater pads etc from my ones and install them into yours

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2016, 09:38:00 »

Sadly leather is easy enough to get... but I've been there, done that - the leather pads are glued in place, whereas the cloth seats the pads are 'floating' or help in only by the odd clip/staple.  As I say there's another OOFer who thinks he's still got one, he's having a look for me, but just thought I'd check yours weren't, as a backup :y

ted_one

« Reply #6 on: 16 September 2016, 09:55:10 »

You are dead right DBG,those wheels of mine that you were interested in,are going the same way very shortly,an absolute waste..the only difference is that I'm not going to give them away,I would rather weigh them in and get back a token amount of the time/money invested in what are a set of pristine wheels/tyres.
As to Pauls really generous offer for a free set of leather seats, it's a shame that if a previous owner of my Elite hadn't removed the exact colour set and replaced them with the cloth MV6 set,I would have bitten his arm off and paid him what he wanted for them, as I'm sure they would be in better condition than the original leather set that was originally swopped out.It's a shame that it looks like there's no take up on his offer but I guess that it's like a lot of us that are short on storage space and that gentle pressure from SWMBO to stop holding on to stuff that might be of use someday. ::)Fingers crossed Paul :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 September 2016, 10:49:21 »

I imagine I'm not alone in this, but one day I ache to own a barn, or similar space. Somewhere those 'too big' items can go. I'd love to stack stuff like this interior up, and leave it, maybe 5-10 years  but at that point people will be screaming for things like this. As the year go by, and the leather seats get shinier, the rubberised coatings wears off switchgear, and even the parts which we all think don't wear, start to show wear, and all of a sudden there's none left.

Hope those wheels don't wind up in the bin, Nitro, that would be a terrible shame. try and hold on to them as long as poss, as I say, these things go in the bin, then the next bleedin week someone's there with a bulging wallet dying for one!  :'(

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 September 2016, 18:45:31 »

I imagine I'm not alone in this, but one day I ache to own a barn, or similar space. Somewhere those 'too big' items can go. I'd love to stack stuff like this interior up, and leave it, maybe 5-10 years  but at that point people will be screaming for things like this. As the year go by, and the leather seats get shinier, the rubberised coatings wears off switchgear, and even the parts which we all think don't wear, start to show wear, and all of a sudden there's none left.

Hope those wheels don't wind up in the bin, Nitro, that would be a terrible shame. try and hold on to them as long as poss, as I say, these things go in the bin, then the next bleedin week someone's there with a bulging wallet dying for one!  :'(

Dbg. You will never become a millionaire, hoarding and selling omega spares, or any vauxhall spares, for one model.
I've tried. :'(
Hoof'land storeman.

ted_one

« Reply #9 on: 16 September 2016, 20:11:49 »

I do like your barn idea DBG,primarily one big enough to hold my cars and some dry storage space for the smaller higher value Omega parts.I do have plans (wether I'll live long enough to see them come to fruition I'm uncertain)to buy a big spot up in your neck of the woods and do just that :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 September 2016, 21:16:05 »

That happens about one time in a thousand. It is no excuse for having a garage so full of festering crap that you're afraid to open the door. I've had that, and it isn't going to happen again ;D

V8S

• Intermediate Member
  • Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 September 2016, 16:31:11 »

Sadly leather is easy enough to get... but I've been there, done that - the leather pads are glued in place, whereas the cloth seats the pads are 'floating' or help in only by the odd clip/staple.  As I say there's another OOFer who thinks he's still got one, he's having a look for me, but just thought I'd check yours weren't, as a backup :y

Hi, are the back seats on yours the same as facelift. I have the rear bench from my 2001 facelift with working heat pads. Grey cloth.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 September 2016, 16:33:01 »

As far as I'm aware the seats are cosmetically different, but the actual internals/heated pads are the same PFL/FL.  :)

V8S

• Intermediate Member
  • Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 September 2016, 16:39:30 »

I don't really want to sell just the pads to be honest, as I'll likely never shift the seat without them.

Are you interested the whole bench?

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 September 2016, 16:49:54 »

The problem is, well, exactly as you say, I don't want to go ripping apart some poor bugger's rear seat, just for the pads, thus rendering useless (or certainly not very nice-looking after my grubby hands've been all over them!) said back seats. There's a guy I might be getting a couple of bits off, and he's checking if he's got a back seat, which, touch wood I'll be able to have a rummage in his garage and play about, see what I can chop out etc.

Sadly it's really one of those 'if one comes along for free (like the OP) then I'll have it' kind of thing. 

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.