Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: '03 MV6 3.2 Auto Est  (Read 11309 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
'03 MV6 3.2 Auto Est
« on: 26 September 2016, 17:08:14 »

'03 MV6 3.2 Auto Est   NOT Silver !

I bought this car in 2013 at around 75k Miles. I had a HPI check done at the time, I believe the mileage to be correct, at some stage in the past it had a personal plate. Since I got it I've had it maintained well as I need a reliable car and do occasional very long trips. Initiall work was done by an independent, then with a VX dealer, then with an independent again, so history is a bit mixed and certainly not complete. I don't do my own work, so everything was done by a garage.

First, The bad !
I'm in Carmarthen, Wales. So not easy to get to and a long way for most "just to have a look". So I'm going to be brutally honest.
At present it is now SORN
The engine management light comes on and engine misses. This has only happened since I had new coil packs fitted and a new cam sensor. Stupidly I had these done before a big trip to France, but I ended up buying a new car for the trip. I now have a Volvo so the MV6 is simply surplus to requirements. If I didn't have the Volvo I would absolutely spend some cash and get it sorted. I like it.
Some superficial body damage. Scrapes with parking bollards, just paintwork not deep.
Rear bumper, some damage.
MOT till 20th October
The bits around the windscreen (technical term!) aren't fitting properly
Radio/CD player occasionally refuses to accept the CD holder, and the radio doesn't remember stations and doesn't autotune.
A rear wheel is buckled. On the front it was a problem but not on the back.

The Good
It's a great colour, NOT rare Silver ! and scrubs up very well
I still have the original intact cam sensor. I replaced it as I wanted to avoid failure on a big trip
Some recent service/repair receipts
INCLUDES 5 spare wheels with tyres. Reasonable condition, tyres are some good and some not so good
I have a spare CCR 2006, but no idea if it works ok. I actually have 2, but one has some CDs stuck inside so I'll be smashing it up
The tyres on the car are excellent. Not cheapos. Bridgestone Potenza all round.
Due to clunky changes I had the auto box oil changed a couple of years ago. All fine since
No visible rust that I can see, not even the usual on the hatch door near the wiper
Quite a few CCR2006 CD cassettes from various other Omegas I've had
Cam belt and tensioners done at 100k by local Vx dealer. I'll need to see if I can find reciept.

The rules say that there has to be a price, so I'll say £400, but all offers considered.

The car is not really driveable at present, probably something simple.

If there are any questions or whatever PM me and I'll provide email address and/or phone number, also reg No if you want to do some checks. I'm happy to take more pics of anything.

I am NOT prepared to sell parts, it's all or nothing.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: '03 MV6 3.2 Auto Est
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2016, 17:19:43 »

Pm incoming. :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 September 2016, 18:41:32 »

Current mileage, or have I missed it?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2016, 18:42:21 »

Bloody great pic in the middle, 114k ;D

//TB strokes chin...
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2016, 18:44:13 »

A bargain project for someone.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ted_one

« Reply #5 on: 26 September 2016, 19:44:53 »

Don't do projects anymore,too many hidden costs and you end up paying more than you would on a well sorted example.I'm at least 20 grand out on my 3 cars and still spending.Not funny any more.....seriously!  May well suit someone with the mechanical skills to get it up and running and MOT fit,not sure wether the paintwork is roached or just untidy,but a fair few quid needs spending to bring it back up to snuff! Like Rog says,it seems a shame to break the car, as with some fettling it could be saved,but not for me as I'm going V8 again in the very near future :-X

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 September 2016, 20:34:43 »

Don't do projects anymore,too many hidden costs and you end up paying more than you would on a well sorted example.I'm at least 20 grand out on my 3 cars and still spending.Not funny any more.....seriously!  May well suit someone with the mechanical skills to get it up and running and MOT fit,not sure wether the paintwork is roached or just untidy,but a fair few quid needs spending to bring it back up to snuff! Like Rog says,it seems a shame to break the car, as with some fettling it could be saved,but not for me as I'm going V8 again in the very near future :-X

I need a Nitro dictionary  ;D
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

ted_one

« Reply #7 on: 26 September 2016, 21:00:07 »

Oops! apologies.....roached... roughly translated, beyond saving.Couldn't quite see wether the paint is just dull due to standing out in the Welsh Wales weather and would possibly respond to a wash and a thorough detailing. :)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2016, 21:00:19 »

Bloody great pic in the middle, 114k ;D

//TB strokes chin...

You need an estate.
Hoof'land storeman.

ted_one

« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2016, 21:10:56 »

Nope! no more Omegas,Going either Monaro or another R8,more than likely an R8 either in White and possibly a Bathurst.or a nice bright Red one.only because my son hates white and red cars,not that he'll have much chance of getting his hands on any of my cars.Hoofland is a big place when you haven't been given the forwarding address ;D

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 September 2016, 21:38:41 »

Oops! apologies.....roached... roughly translated, beyond saving.Couldn't quite see wether the paint is just dull due to standing out in the Welsh Wales weather and would possibly respond to a wash and a thorough detailing. :)

Ah, ok. I'm not a pristine polished car person, but I have washed and waxed it in the past. I think last time was last year. I thought it came up pretty well. Sometime red cars have a very "tired" and dull look about them, not this. Not great and perfect, but not too bad. In the pictures not washed for some weeks, plus it was pissing down with rain.

ted_one

« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2016, 22:12:30 »

Your not so far from the Irish ferries and those Irish boys may be interested in your car,even though it's an estate they may well be prepared to come over and trailer  it back to the shamrock isle.I say this as I had a conversation with a guy up in Scunny last weekend,and he is regularly shipping Omega stuff over there....just a thought :-\

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2016, 22:19:52 »

Your not so far from the Irish ferries and those Irish boys may be interested in your car,even though it's an estate they may well be prepared to come over and trailer  it back to the shamrock isle.I say this as I had a conversation with a guy up in Scunny last weekend,and he is regularly shipping Omega stuff over there....just a thought :-\

When we moved here I had thought it would be good to nip over to Ireland sometime. Shocked at the ferry cost. Not done it yet. I'm kinda used to Dover/Folkestone - Calais fares. Forget 'em going to Ireland, much more serious money  >:(

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 September 2016, 22:51:30 »

When we moved here I had thought it would be good to nip over to Ireland sometime. Shocked at the ferry cost. Not done it yet. I'm kinda used to Dover/Folkestone - Calais fares. Forget 'em going to Ireland, much more serious money  >:(
We took a transit over 3 weeks ago for a week on the tunnel £196 return...its no longer cheap...

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 September 2016, 18:24:50 »

Would that be Tomasz, a polish bloke by any chance?
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.