Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
 on: 26 March 2024, 07:59:17 
Started by Rangie - Last post by Andy B
There are certain insurance companies that are refusing to insure anyone over 70 now. Or quoting such a ridiculously high price that they know won't be accepted.

My Dad is 87 next, rand LV today for a quote & they have refused to insure him. Not sure who he's insured with at the moment, but they've quoted him £1720 for his Chrysler Grande Voyager!  :o :o

The very young and the very old are always given a kicking when it comes to insurance.

indeed  :(

some of the youngsters at work pay some pretty eye watering premiums .... they must be getting paid too much!  ;D

on: 26 March 2024, 07:33:24 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by Kevin Wood
Yep  :y
Only difference this time is that I stopped at a petrol station after 5 minutes (after which it ran fine) rather than carry on driving for miles.

Bear in mind that, if it detects a misfire, it'll probably shut down the affected cylinder until the next restart.

Is it still cylinder 3 that's misfiring?

I will reiterate that I recently did a lunch hour job replacing 2 out of 3 of the coil packs in a mate's one because they were intermittently tripping a misfire code (and you really notice when you're down a pot on these)!  :D

You swapped the injector before, IIRC? so if it hasn't moved it's probably the plug / coil pack or outside chance some dodgy wiring (it's French, after all), and if it has it's the injector.

on: 26 March 2024, 05:38:47 
Started by Varche - Last post by Doctor Gollum
Big difference between weathered and green slime. Out patios are York stone and now look like the year they were laid.

on: 26 March 2024, 04:14:41 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by Marks DTM Calib
I knew this would be back  >:D

There are a few clues, clearly disturbing things is impacting operation, be it a wiring harness or crud in the system.

It has to be a single item related to a system around a single pot, as otherwise it would randomly be across all pots (so you can rule out pump and the like)

Cat efficiency might be a clue, if an injector was failing you would expect ether loads of fuel, a poor spray pattern (its not direct injection so not going to make a major impact here, it will still evaporate off the back of the inlet valve), or no fuel (which the Cat would not care about), might be worth checking the sparks again

on: 26 March 2024, 03:07:25 
Started by Varche - Last post by dave the builder
DtB - I was more thinking if it still has to be applied annually, not sure if thats much different from me cleaning the patio every Spring?

I bet i can spray a patio down with BAC50 with my pressure sprayer quicker than you could set up your pressure washer  :P

I'm not on commission from chemical supply companies  ;)
if you "enjoy" :o washing patios ,just pretend you didn't read my post  :D

I prefer the rustic look  ;D
so do I on a nice York stone drinking area  :)

on: 25 March 2024, 20:17:38 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by Raeturbo
STRIKE IT DOWN I TELL YOU!!⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

on: 25 March 2024, 19:28:54 
Started by Viral_Jim - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
 ;D ;D

To this day, the most exciting car Ive ever driven was my Chevette HS. Approx. 180bhp and iirc it weighed exactly a ton.
It was a seriously quick car, in its day and on more than one occasion left a 911 struggling in vain to keep up.
It was being driven by a young, stupid eejit though.  :)
Those were the days.  8)

on: 25 March 2024, 19:21:00 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
The C lio offended me. This one just concerns me a little bit.  :)

on: 25 March 2024, 19:00:04 
Started by Viral_Jim - Last post by Doctor Gollum
Why does C-L-I-O become clit? ::)
Remember Nicole? Well, she had both >:D

on: 25 March 2024, 18:33:48 
Started by Rangie - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti
There are certain insurance companies that are refusing to insure anyone over 70 now. Or quoting such a ridiculously high price that they know won't be accepted.

My Dad is 87 next, rand LV today for a quote & they have refused to insure him. Not sure who he's insured with at the moment, but they've quoted him £1720 for his Chrysler Grande Voyager!  :o :o

The very young and the very old are always given a kicking when it comes to insurance.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 16 queries.