Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Passed MOT but...  (Read 753 times)

toller

• Mirfield, West Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Passed MOT but...
« on: 13 April 2007, 21:21:08 »

Took my Omega in for it's retest today and it passed having previosuly failed on a slightly high 2nd idle CO content  :y

Before retesting i'd replaced the plugs, air filter, oil & filter, coolant temp sensor and fitted a new ICV as my old one was mullered.
Also took it for a good 20 mile blast up the motorway in 3rd gear to get everything nice and hot just before the test.

The tester told me today that it had only just passed on the CO content as it was still fluctuating but it stayed below .3 long enough to warrant a pass, also said the hydrocarbon content was a bit up and down.

I'm not massively concerned as yet a i've now got 12 months to sort the problem out and i expect i'm going to have to put 2 new cats on at some stage as i can't think of anything else to change, at the mo i'm currently skint so it'll have to wait a bit :(

What else could be causing the fluctuationg emissions?

Would just like to say thanks to everyone on here for the suggestions and help i recieved when the car first failed about 2 weeks ago, this forum has already saved me a fortune and i've only been a member for a few weeks  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.