Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted - Front ABS Sensor  (Read 1180 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Wanted - Front ABS Sensor
« on: 29 September 2015, 15:42:32 »

Wanted for a 2001 FL 3.2 Saloon, a front ABS sensor in known working condition. I "think" they are the same both sides, but are different to the rears .. least that's how I read EPC. If they are different I need the front left (nearside). Reading through the forum it appears they are "awkward" to get out intact ... :(

Any help gratefully accepted

E

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted - Front ABS Sensor
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2015, 16:13:48 »

Second hand ones are next to impossible to come by, they nearly always fail to come out in one piece

I bought new, from GM, for about £60, 18 months ago :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2015, 14:19:39 »

I totally refurbed and repainted my front suspension, and part of this was (I intended) to remove the sensors, angle-grind the hub/steering knuckle, then refit after painting. This did not happen.

Basically if you've got a faulty sensor, you change the whole knuckle, which as Mr V6 says when the wire alone is a fairly double-taking £60, and a whole knuckle could be what, £10, £20?that's what the bloke up the road would probably charge me, it's a no-brainer for me.

At some point will be getting a spare one to try various methods to remove one intact, WD40 and a vice and see what happens. I suspect broken plastic and a knackered sensor   :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 30 September 2015, 14:37:32 »

I totally refurbed and repainted my front suspension, and part of this was (I intended) to remove the sensors, angle-grind the hub/steering knuckle, then refit after painting. This did not happen.

Basically if you've got a faulty sensor, you change the whole knuckle, which as Mr V6 says when the wire alone is a fairly double-taking £60, and a whole knuckle could be what, £10, £20?that's what the bloke up the road would probably charge me, it's a no-brainer for me.

At some point will be getting a spare one to try various methods to remove one intact, WD40 and a vice and see what happens. I suspect broken plastic and a knackered sensor   :D
Thing is, and what your £10-20 used hub fails to allow for, is the subsequent £70-100 reset cost of the geometry... also not allowing for faffing time.

A new sensor from Vauxhall is actually the most efficient course of action... both financially and temporally  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.