Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted FL Estate Leather interior  (Read 2006 times)

Zuffenhausen

• Intermediate Member
  • Telford, Shrops.
    • 2000 2.5TD CD Estate
    • View Profile
    • Walks and Waggy Tails
Wanted FL Estate Leather interior
« on: 08 October 2015, 21:16:41 »

As per the subject line, ideally light grey but I know this is a big ask.

Zuffenhausen

• Intermediate Member
  • Telford, Shrops.
    • 2000 2.5TD CD Estate
    • View Profile
    • Walks and Waggy Tails
Re: Wanted FL Estate Leather interior
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2015, 22:01:44 »

Will the back seats from a MFL Elite fit?
I know the fronts are different due to airbags etc

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2015, 11:01:07 »

If you can find a pic of the interiors you will notice the stitching/stle of the seat is of a different type, theoretically they will just bolt straight in. Front seats gain trick moving head restraints for rear impact on the FL, but in theory you can bolt in a 1994 seat in your 2003 car, and 2003 seats in your 1994 car (but there are various moral/legal/safety hoops, regarding aribags etc, but for physical boltholes lining up, yes you can)

The rear seats on FL estates gain anti-load intrusion securing lock feature.. thing. No idea if this affects how the seats fit, or indeed if for instance fitting FL rear seats in a PFL would fit, and therefore actually gain you this feature. Again, pretty sure MFL ones will fit in a FL estate no worries.

Often used to see (saloon) taxis rolling around my town with PFL interiors fitted to FL cars.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 October 2015, 11:01:29 »

If you can find a pic of the interiors you will notice the stitching/stle of the seat is of a different type, theoretically they will just bolt straight in. Front seats gain trick moving head restraints for rear impact on the FL, but in theory you can bolt a 1994 seat in your 2003 car, and 2003 seats in your 1994 car (but there are various moral/legal/safety hoops, regarding aribags etc, but for physical boltholes lining up, yes you can)

The rear seats on FL estates gain anti-load intrusion securing lock feature.. thing. No idea if this affects how the seats fit, or indeed if for instance fitting FL rear seats in a PFL would fit, and therefore actually gain you this feature. Again, pretty sure MFL ones will fit in a FL estate no worries.

Often used to see (saloon) taxis rolling around my town with PFL interiors fitted to FL cars.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 October 2015, 11:02:40 »

Mod please delete this an the above quote post. Hit the wrong button. That'll teach me to type and eat a bacon butty at the same time. Turns out men can't multitask, then ::) :D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 October 2015, 14:31:26 »

Mod please delete this an the above quote post. Hit the wrong button. That'll teach me to type and eat a bacon butty at the same time. Turns out men can't multitask, then ::) :D

No can women  ::)
Ever tried to get one to sit down and shut up at the same time  :D :D

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 14 October 2015, 15:48:08 »

Rear seat will bolt straight in across the range, saloon and estate, but estate will only fit estates, and saloons will only fit saloons... :y

Load intrusion interlock thingy is a sliding bolt that joins the top edge of the backrest together...  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 October 2015, 15:58:33 »

:) Oh I can get them to shut up... but after a minute of two they have to take a breather, as it's a chocking hazard...  ;)

And good to know, I knew the load intrusion thing came in, but had no idea if it affected the actual shell of the car or not. Hope the OP is sorted now  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 October 2015, 16:05:55 »

isn't the rear middle seat belt arrangement different or am I thinking of the PFL.  :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 14 October 2015, 17:51:20 »

isn't the rear middle seat belt arrangement different or am I thinking of the PFL.  :-\
Later cars have an interlock on the nearside catch to prevent the centre belt being used if the nearside backrest is unlatched...

Zuffenhausen

• Intermediate Member
  • Telford, Shrops.
    • 2000 2.5TD CD Estate
    • View Profile
    • Walks and Waggy Tails
« Reply #10 on: 14 October 2015, 23:13:22 »

OK so now I only need a pair of FL Leather front seats in black, has anyone got some available?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.