Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: CV 19 vaccination  (Read 38642 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: CV 19 vaccination
« Reply #30 on: 07 November 2020, 20:45:01 »

I'd have it.

But incentivising it with lottery tickets? Really? ???

And credit it where it's due, they said it would be ready this year... Let's take a moment to acknowledge that that is pretty opposing impressive 8)

They said Track and Trace would be world beating(whatever that means). They said they'd get Brexit done(note the lack of definition). They said - well, you get the idea.

A vaccination, from scratch in six months? Even if it works, which is a guess, how do you know that it's not worse than the relatively mild disease it's supposed to solve?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 November 2020, 20:47:39 »

Dont care of its available tomorrow or next Christmas. I aint having it. Simples.
It's like this. If you don't have it, people might not want to work with you, etc, then you'll have no job.  :P
He already works by himself :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 November 2020, 20:48:41 »

Dont care of its available tomorrow or next Christmas. I aint having it. Simples.
It's like this. If you don't have it, people might not want to work with you, etc, then you'll have no job.  :P
He already works by himself :D
Oh yeah. Now we know why  ;D
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 November 2020, 20:56:53 »

As a misanthrope, its my dream job.  8) :D
I have an aversion to putting chemicals into my body for some reason. If I have small fillings at the dentist I dont have numbing injections. Same story with cuts that need two or three stitches. Its become a bit of an OCD thing, almost.
I have started trying to use painkillers a bit more for my old war wounds after Dave the builder was very insistent that I should.
 I find him slightly scary.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07 November 2020, 21:02:24 »

As a misanthrope, its my dream job.  8) :D
I have an aversion to putting chemicals into my body for some reason. If I have small fillings at the dentist I dont have numbing injections. Same story with cuts that need two or three stitches. Its become a bit of an OCD thing, almost.
I have started trying to use painkillers a bit more for my old war wounds after Dave the builder was very insistent that I should.
 I find him slightly scary.  ;D
You've been doing things wrong, Albs, drugs are the only answer, to everything.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 November 2020, 21:04:27 »

Never dabbled much in the illicit kind either. Tried some funny pills that made me feel ill. Smoked one joint and didnt like how it made me feel, so didnt bother again. I was always boring.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 November 2020, 21:08:43 »

Never dabbled much in the illicit kind either. Tried some funny pills that made me feel ill. Smoked one joint and didnt like how it made me feel, so didnt bother again. I was always boring.  ::)
I've had a go at quite a few illicit substances and, as you can tell, they never did me any harm.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 07 November 2020, 21:09:03 »

I find him slightly scary;D
No point in being in pain if you don't have to be  ;)
so be very careful about what you say about me  :D

all in jest  ;) and the occasional ibuprofen is hardly crack cocaine problem is it

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07 November 2020, 22:22:31 »

Youve been here long enough to  know the mantra Dave. "A bit of pain never hurt anyone".  :D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 November 2020, 22:38:33 »

Free electric car per household? Must be a price where you would stick your arm out.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 November 2020, 22:43:38 »

Might consider that.  :y :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07 November 2020, 22:46:41 »

Free electric car per household? Must be a price where you would stick your arm out.
Perhaps the lottery is for the charging lead ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07 November 2020, 22:47:09 »

I have family working in the pharma industry, and work contacts in pharma at Oxford. Whilst the NHS/Army might be ready to start vaccinations in Dec, I'm afraid there is no chance the vaccine will actually be ready by then.

The best guess is that they may be ready to start the vaccinations in late spring-early summer 2021(April-June). Even once a vaccine is approved, you've got to produce 68 million doses for the Uk, 500 million for greater Europe, similar numbers for North America etc. It takes about 3 months for the NHS to administer the flu jab, and that's typically only 15 million doses.

The next issue is that it's looking increasingly likey that the Oxford vaccine has some significant side effects in up to 70% of patients. Also, it's not 100% effective (I've seen 70% quoted), and will probably require a booster jab after 6 months as well, this doubling the number of doses and work required. Herd immunity won't start to take effect until 50% of the population are vaccinated, and the risk won't drop to 'acceptable' until 80%+.

Put simply, I wouldn't be too confident of things being back to near (new) normal till this time next year.
Misery guts.

Yep. But assuming the above is anywhere close to correct, does it change what you think should happen in the next 12 months?

You can't keep kids out of school, or colleges and universities shut for 12 months. The current govt plan appears to be a "save Christmas plan" by getting this second wave infection rate back down to manageable levels by mid Dec 2020. Trouble is, having anything close to a normal Christmas is going to result in a 3rd wave in Jan/Feb. So another lockdown in Feb? During Half term?

Then assuming that third wave is under control during/by April when does the 4th wave hit? And if it's going to take till basically Christmas 2021 to get Herd immunity through immunisation then how many more waves? There is bu99er all chance that the population will accept being locked down every 2 or 3 months for a month.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07 November 2020, 22:51:42 »

I agree. By early next year the whole strategy is likely to completely fall apart. Ive noticed already that roads, shops etc. are nowhere near as quiet as they were during the first lockdown. People arent buying into it to the same extent as first time around.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07 November 2020, 23:22:14 »

And that is why I believe there will be incentives to take the vaccine.

Governments have to do something to break the boom and lockdown cycles. Rather than paying furlough , pay incentives, get the economy going again. Incentives would be easy somewhere like China. Vaccine equals tattoo ( brand) equals free cinema tickets, free meals out, huge discount off an electric car. Not so easy in the West. For one the media will whip up anti vac and tip any waverers to join the Ned Luds.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.