Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Eamonn Holmes dropped.  (Read 4148 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Eamonn Holmes dropped.
« Reply #60 on: 20 November 2020, 13:56:13 »

How can you argue against it?
'We are black/gay/bisexual/transgender, etc, and we demand to be treated equally'

"You're right, and should be. I reserve judgement about you until I know you better. If that proves to be necessary"
That's only half of it, though. Positive discrimination is racism, sexism, call it what you like. As Opti says, tv should be representative, not biased towards minorities.

But frankly Steve I fo not see that.

I turn on the tv and see mainly white news and weather presenters, I see crime dramas dominated by white actors, as in many, many, other productions.  Yes there is a sprinkling of non-white personnel in all those productions, but for most of the country that reflects real life 'out there'.  THank God we have got away from the dreary days of the 1950's and early sixties that just reflected what had long been the norm;  a constant flow of white, white, grey, grey and more white and grey images!!  That was never the real World, as we should know from having the biggest World Empire known to man that prided itself in having the "Jewel in the Crown" India and controlling much of Afro Caribbean societies.
We can, and never should, deny that fact that now leads to our wonderfully diverse Country. 8) 8) :D :D :y
That's the whole point. You see it your way and others see it their way.  :)

Oh yes Steve, I know that only too well.  That is the history of the World and why there are so many challenges everyday for all of us, at all different levels of society. ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 20 November 2020, 13:57:40 »

'We are black/gay/bisexual/transgender, etc, and we demand to be treated equally'

"You're right, and should be. I reserve judgement about you until I know you better. If that proves to be necessary"
That's only half of it, though. Positive discrimination is racism, sexism, call it what you like. As Opti says, tv should be representative, not biased towards minorities.

I turn on the tv and see mainly white news and weather presenters, I see crime dramas dominated by white actors, as in many, many, other productions.  Yes there is a sprinkling of non-white personnel in all those productions, but for most of the country that reflects real life 'out there'.  THank God we have got away from the dreary days of the 1950's and early sixties that just reflected what had long been the norm;  a constant flow of white, white, grey, grey and more white and grey images!!  That was never the real World, as we should know from having the biggest World Empire known to man that prided itself in having the "Jewel in the Crown" India and controlling much of Afro Caribbean societies.
We can, and never should, deny that fact that now leads to our wonderfully diverse Country. 8) 8) :D :D :y

Strewth.....Lizzie..... ;) I suggest atrip to Specsavers..... :-* :-* :-* ;)

Despite only 3.5% of the British population being black, and 7.5% Asian ( who complain far less about being the victims of white imperialists)......I would say a good 50% of all TV adverts feature black people in the leading role.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 20 November 2020, 13:58:02 »

.............and to add what Nick W. states...............................

"How they act is what matters, and determines how they are treated"..................

is exactly right.  Judge everyone individually on what they do, as God will do with all of us ;)
Here we go, the god of wokeness has reared his ugly head  ;D

No God is neither male or female so very much reflecting developing modern views and life ;D ;D ;D ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 20 November 2020, 13:58:35 »

Despite only 3.5% of the British population being black, and 7.5% Asian ( who complain far less about being the victims of white imperialists)......I would say a good 50% of all TV adverts feature black people in the leading role.
And ads are the biggest influencers on the box.
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 20 November 2020, 14:01:22 »

That's just not true Opti.

I see nothing but leading white snowmen and father Christmases ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 20 November 2020, 14:03:16 »

I agree with Opti. Spesavers for you, old girl.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 20 November 2020, 14:07:57 »

I see nothing but leading white snowmen and father Christmases ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

I would say 50% is a conservative estimate Lizzie.

I also note a role reversal from the 1930/40/50s  with the black man/woman depicted as strong and assertive while white people are depicted as imbeciles, or submissive.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 20 November 2020, 14:20:08 »

I would say 50% is a conservative estimate Lizzie.

I also note a role reversal from the 1930/40/50s  with the black man/woman depicted as strong and assertive whileare d white people epicted as imbeciles, or submissive.

,Just walk along your local high street, (Covid restrictions observed of course,) A lot are. ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.