Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Who says the police just sit around eating donuts?  (Read 7534 times)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: Who says the police just sit around eating donuts?
« Reply #15 on: 17 November 2020, 19:12:57 »

If that sounds strong... Its only because any copper working the streets gets it that little bit harder because people like him do stupid, brainless, selfish things.
 From that, every single, straight as a die, honest copper gets their work scrutinised yet further and the trust that should be placed in them, by the public, by the legal profession, and even by their own Senior Management Teams, gets slowly eroded.

In the grand scheme of things, £9.odd is very low value and neither here nor there. But its an extra brick in the wall. Anyone owning a small shop would want a police officer to take action if they saw someone stealing a tenners worth of stock. Its inconceivable that anyone would then think to attempt a similar value theft is acceptable.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 November 2020, 19:16:34 »

It's beyond simple theft... It was a deliberate act of deception, which is arguably worse...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 November 2020, 19:24:59 »

If its true... Total shit and a disgrace to the uniform. Not even thinking about the wider effect of his actions. Another thorn in the side of every decent copper who knows what it means to put the uniform on.

That's what really gets my goat, the uniform that you should be proud to wear that should set you apart from being a thief because that's what he is, in the Prison Service it always concerned decent staff if there was a "dodgy" one amongst us one who had been bought and would not cover your back if required, there is a line in uniformed services & once crossed they must be made to face the consequences.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 November 2020, 19:44:23 »

It's beyond simple theft... It was a deliberate act of deception, which is arguably worse...

........and the apparent fact that he went from the cake area to the veg, then used the self service scales to weigh the carrot and print a 7p ticket, tells me this was so well considered in advance and practiced as though he had done such a thing before. >:(

In retail we often could identify thieves from their repeated action that got greedier over time and amounted to far more than £9! >:(
« Last Edit: 17 November 2020, 19:46:26 by Lizzie Zoom »

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 November 2020, 08:22:10 »

........and the apparent fact that he went from the cake area to the veg, then used the self service scales to weigh the carrot and print a 7p ticket, tells me this was so well considered in advance and practiced as though he had done such a thing before. >:(

In retail we often could identify thieves from their repeated action that got greedier over time and amounted to far more than £9! >:(

These people cost honest folk a fortune, on our local TV station they were showing CCTV footage of a couple who were targeting restaurants & pubs ( when they were open) having a slap up meal & then when it came to pay their credit card was rejected,  they made promises to return & pay but of course never did . It appears from the footage that the registration plate on their car may now be available so hopefully they will be caught.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 November 2020, 09:34:13 »

It's probably the registration plate from someone else's car
I doubt such scum would bother to tax, insure and MOT a car , probably just a stolen ringer  >:(

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 November 2020, 10:33:33 »

Some of the poor fellas have to actually get off their arse to go out and buy them  ;D

Krispy Kreme price swap PC faces misconduct hearing https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-54971734

Absolutely appalling. The proper doughnuts in the bakery dept are much better.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 November 2020, 11:01:13 »

Of course it could be a mental health issue. Anyone remember Isobel Barnett - whats my line?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 November 2020, 12:16:53 »

Of course it could be a mental health issue. Anyone remember Isobel Barnett - whats my line?
That doesn't make it right.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 November 2020, 17:00:30 »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-55089146

Seems a pretty high price to pay for some doughnuts .....

He's been a copper since 2008 so not too much pension, which I'm guessing he loses .....

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 November 2020, 17:12:09 »

He's been a copper since 2008 so not too much pension, which I'm guessing he loses .....

12 years Pension would be worth a fair few quid they used to be able to retire on a full pension after 30 years service, don't think that has changed & yes I would imagine he'll lose the lot but serves him right.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 November 2020, 17:12:49 »

Seems a fair price to me. Coppers who are stupid and dishonest enough to risk their career for a few doughnuts deserve to lose their career imo.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 November 2020, 17:20:23 »

He says he made an honest mistake by scanning the same barcode twice. Yeah, right.. "Blimey, them donuts are cheap, only 14p for a carrot and a box of donuts".  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 November 2020, 17:34:44 »

The shop would have been within their rights to prosecute him. Obviously would have been petty and not worth the cost given the scale of the theft.

He's lucky it was only gross misconduct and not a criminal record.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26 November 2020, 17:37:57 »

12 years Pension would be worth a fair few quid they used to be able to retire on a full pension after 30 years service, don't think that has changed & yes I would imagine he'll lose the lot but serves him right.
I've always wondered about that. His pension payments would have been deducted from his salary and his employer would have contributed too. Surely they must return anything he's actually paid in, or they are punishing him retrospectively?
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.