Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Boris backs Priti  (Read 3094 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Boris backs Priti
« Reply #30 on: 21 November 2020, 10:47:53 »

It's funny how 'constructive' feedback only goes one way...

Sending it uphill never ends well :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 November 2020, 11:03:43 »

I was a m/c shop supervisor for a number of years. The company then decided that individual assessments were required. I did all the people on my shop floor, 30+, My gaffer then gave me mine. Bearing in mind that this guy used to work under me, he said " i notice that you don't suffer fools gladly". My reply was " if i think that they're shit at their job I'll tell them. Didn't go down too well. ;D

My old boss was terrible at doing his admin, so came rushing one morning in a panic with our staff appraisals. Which were nearly a month late.
My immediate manager(the bullshit bingo bloke ;D ) turned to the last page, scribbled a signature and handed it back without saying a word. 
As I didn't have 20 years of longterm scams behind me, I couldn't afford a bad appraisal because the company always used them against you. Also, I can't help reading any bit of paper handed to me. So I gave it back without signing and made him actually do the job. Then correct the execrable English before I was prepared to sign it.

What is a 360 degree appraisal that isn't covered by 'appraisal', or should I just call BINGO now?

It was when you fully appraised the individual then after that they gave an appraisal on yourself as their boss to give them a chance to officially explain any "weaknesses" or strengths they believed there to be.  It was meant to be, and often was a very positive way of cementing a Team together so everyone understood what improvements could be made in the style and application of management looking at it from all angles, hence 360 degrees. My field managers then went through the same process with the managers under their command.  I certainly found it a very positive management tool, and gave me a chance to challenge certain directors when I had my appraisal with them!

Only weak, poor managers, who shouldn't have been in the business would fear it. :D :D ;)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 November 2020, 11:45:15 »

Oh.
Oh dear.

BINGO!

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 November 2020, 20:15:40 »

I was a m/c shop supervisor for a number of years. The company then decided that individual assessments were required. I did all the people on my shop floor, 30+, My gaffer then gave me mine. Bearing in mind that this guy used to work under me, he said " i notice that you don't suffer fools gladly". My reply was " if i think that they're shit at their job I'll tell them. Didn't go down too well. ;D

My old boss was terrible at doing his admin, so came rushing one morning in a panic with our staff appraisals. Which were nearly a month late.
My immediate manager(the bullshit bingo bloke ;D ) turned to the last page, scribbled a signature and handed it back without saying a word. 
As I didn't have 20 years of longterm scams behind me, I couldn't afford a bad appraisal because the company always used them against you. Also, I can't help reading any bit of paper handed to me. So I gave it back without signing and made him actually do the job. Then correct the execrable English before I was prepared to sign it.

What is a 360 degree appraisal that isn't covered by 'appraisal', or should I just call BINGO now?

It was when you fully appraised the individual then after that they gave an appraisal on yourself as their boss to give them a chance to officially explain any "weaknesses" or strengths they believed there to be.  It was meant to be, and often was a very positive way of cementing a Team together so everyone understood what improvements could be made in the style and application of management looking at it from all angles, hence 360 degrees. My field managers then went through the same process with the managers under their command.  I certainly found it a very positive management tool, and gave me a chance to challenge certain directors when I had my appraisal with them!

Only weak, poor managers, who shouldn't have been in the business would fear it. :D :D ;)

Blue pallet,management thinking blocks,making one manger think he is better than another, O and do t forgot stupid safety and bulletin messages everywhere....  Thank fook I work in an old type family owned dictatorship company, were shoutyness innuendo and real world is the normal. Yes dinosaurs still live.
Hoof'land storeman.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 22 November 2020, 14:15:53 »

Oh.
Oh dear.

BINGO!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  When you are a senior manager within a multi-billion pound international business I can assure you it is very far from bingo if that is what you want to call it.  It is a case of maintaining, increasing and protecting the profit margins or you are out, so through your field managers you make sure that does not happen! It is no game and is 24/7 responsibility to give the business and your command all that it requires. :P :D :D ;)
« Last Edit: 22 November 2020, 14:17:26 by Lizzie Zoom »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 22 November 2020, 16:13:08 »

Oh.
Oh dear.

BINGO!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  When you are a senior manager within a multi-billion pound international business I can assure you it is very far from bingo if that is what you want to call it.  It is a case of maintaining, increasing and protecting the profit margins or you are out, so through your field managers you make sure that does not happen! It is no game and is 24/7 responsibility to give the business and your command all that it requires. :P :D :D ;)
Retail, wasn't it? Looks like you all failed.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 22 November 2020, 16:24:09 »

Ouch :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22 November 2020, 16:49:58 »

Oh.
Oh dear.

BINGO!

Retail, wasn't it? Looks like you all failed.

No, cause I was in it at the best time and even predicted to my bosses in 1986 the time to come of electronic virtual reality stores, but they were having none of it.  So I worked on until picking up a very healthy pension and thank God I did! 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;)

I wouldn't want that career again in 2020 ;)
« Last Edit: 22 November 2020, 16:51:40 by Lizzie Zoom »

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22 November 2020, 16:59:09 »

Oh.
Oh dear.

BINGO!

I'm sure every one of us has had a manager(the most overused word in business) return from a course/meeting/bollocking/inspection/assessment with a new vocabulary designed to make us think that something good is going to happen while everything carries on as normal. You can easily test how susceptible your managers are to this by inventing your own drivel, slipping it into conversation with head office and seeing how long it takes to come back to you through a different path. We guaranteed less than a week, but our record was the following afternoon!

While I accept that jargon, at least within its strict definition, is unavoidable the idea that you're stupid enough to be blinded by some tortuous phrasing is oppsing insulting. The same applies to job title changes every couple of years; going from Supervisor to Acting-Deputy-Assistant-Under-Manager isn't a promotion and unlike a payrise, won't pay for the plumber to fit a new boiler.

The best managers I've worked for have never fallen into this trap. At my first job, somebody had given the boss a sign for his door that read The person in this office has no skills(which would now be skillset :-X ), tact or experience. That's why he's in here, and you're out there with the customers. It soon became clear that although he took it as a joke, it was true.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 22 November 2020, 19:13:42 »

I can't work for people. We clash because I always think I know better. As a spotty 17 year old I remember trying to 'enlighten' the managing director ( age about 50) of the printing company I worked for, as to the best way forward for his company.

He sacked me. ;D.......hated the job anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.