Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   Go Down

Author Topic: CV 19 vaccination  (Read 38590 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: CV 19 vaccination
« Reply #330 on: 21 January 2021, 18:18:02 »

Even if the very elderly have had enough of life (which is understandable imo, in fact I often feel the same) dying from Covid is no way to go.
A horrible way to go actually, at any age.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 21 January 2021, 18:21:54 »

Even if the very elderly have had enough of life (which is understandable imo, in fact I often feel the same) dying from Covid is no way to go.
A horrible way to go actually, at any age.

I had a terrible chest infection in 2009 never had one before or since but it was really very unsettling not being able to breathe properly, wouldn't wish anything like that on anyone.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 21 January 2021, 20:07:37 »

Everyone I know over 80 round here has had at least their first jab and most their second.  :y

Thanks for that, this is what I keep hearing on the news.  :y

My mother is almost 91 living alone and shielding, we hadn't heard anything so contacted her surgery today and have an appointment for this Saturday 1-30 pm

Was that as a result of you ringing or would it have been Saturday anyway? Bit worrying a 91 year old wasnt already vaccinated. Mind you my 95 year old dad was only last Saturday and that was only after our intervention. Maybe they were waiting till they could give your mother an Astra Zeneca more local than say a Pfizer one given her age.

I'm not sure if the phone call speeded things up or not but she would need some notice to arrange one of the family to take her as she doesn't drive and is past running marathons !!
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 21 January 2021, 20:18:04 »

The delivery seems to be quite varied from Trust to Trust. Our surgery seems to be on the ball. Might help that the Sheriff used to be a practice partner ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 21 January 2021, 21:35:19 »

It was on the news that they're reducing the delivery of the vaccine to Yorkshire and the North East to allow the rest of the country to catch up as the vaccination scheme has been out performing other areas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55755529

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 21 January 2021, 21:50:29 »

Just been looking at the rollout in Spain which is running behind the UK.

The first tranche were health workers and care homes ( plus politicians, wives and mistresses that jumped the queue.

Next is the 80’s then the over 70’s in March then key workers.  No date for the over 90’s astonishingly ( 500,000 apparently) and worryingly the 60’s. Maybe the logic is the over 90’s will be shielding......

Correct me if I'm wrong .. but anyone over 90 is, by definition, over 80 ... so is already included in the statement "over 80's" ... unless of course you are into political shit-stirring for the sake of it ???  (also known as "journalism" it appears)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 21 January 2021, 22:43:18 »

No just reporting what I thought the article said.

The groups were 80’s, 90’etc . I.e. 80’s to 89’s

Hope that clarifies I wasn’t  political sh1t stirring.

Here is the article in English .

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021-01-21/covid-19-vaccination-campaign-in-spain-will-focus-on-over-80s-in-second-phase.html
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 21 January 2021, 23:49:21 »

Ah yes, journalism  ;D

By definition, the over 80's (ie everyone over 80)is a smaller group than the 70-80 group.

So locally speaking, the over 80's were attended to in a couple of weeks, but the over 70's which started this week will take a bit longer, perhaps an extra week and the over 60's will take longer yet as there are more of them and so on ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 22 January 2021, 18:04:24 »

Mine and SWMBO,s appointment arrived today. Sunday 31st Jan, in a local practice. :y

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 22 January 2021, 21:43:04 »

Might be a bit heartless to say but why do they have this obsession with old people , uncle George might be 95 but how long do they expect him to live ? all these coffin dodgers seem to take up a disproportionate amount of resources which ultimately has a limited effect , surely they should be concentrating on the younger age groups and work up to the more elderly ?   

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 22 January 2021, 21:48:33 »

Might be a bit heartless to say but why do they have this obsession with old people , uncle George might be 95 but how long do they expect him to live ? all these coffin dodgers seem to take up a disproportionate amount of resources which ultimately has a limited effect , surely they should be concentrating on the younger age groups and work up to the more elderly ?
I believe the thinking is that the older members of society have a very good chance of dying from covid, whereas the young have a very good chance of surviving. So, unless you think the economy is more important than lives, it seems the path most acceptable to most people.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 22 January 2021, 21:53:36 »

If you discount the elderly ,you'll loose 95% of your audience on the OOF  :D

Chinese virus Is effecting younger people too though ,
though looking at some of the parties and restriction breaches, some of then deserve to be hospitalised  :(

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 23 January 2021, 08:30:23 »

The information being offered at the moment just makes me think that the virus is out to beat everything created to stem its spread, the scenes on the news last night at Heathrow were totally ridiculous cannot understand what some folk are thinking of, rant over stay safe oofers.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 23 January 2021, 08:50:03 »

The information being offered at the moment just makes me think that the virus is out to beat everything created to stem its spread, the scenes on the news last night at Heathrow were totally ridiculous cannot understand what some folk are thinking of, rant over stay safe oofers.

Airports are quite big places, surely it is in managements interests to have good press. So what was the manager of Heathrow doing to allow that?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 23 January 2021, 12:05:04 »

An ill, and possibly dying, elderly person takes up NHS resources just as much as an ill, and possibly dying, young person ....  however, the statistics clearly show that the elderly are at far higher risk of being ill, and possibly dying, than the younger person, and take longer to recover, or die. Thus reducing the ill, and possibly dying, elderly numbers reduces the strain on the NHS dramatically.

There is a huge amount of crap being talked about who should be vaccinated .. mostly by self-interested groups - especially trade unions - who simply don't understand that the PRESENT purpose of the vaccination programme is extremely simple ..... to reduce the load on the NHS by reducing the number of people who become seriously ill, and possibly dying .......   

It is NOT to give some local mouthpiece a chance to jump the queue.... if they actually obeyed the simple idea of keeping away from others as much as possible, they would reduce the risk to themselves... but that is actually taking responsibility for your own actions .. apparently an anathema these days....
« Last Edit: 23 January 2021, 12:08:55 by Entwood »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.