Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The British Public  (Read 3320 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
The British Public
« on: 14 July 2018, 10:14:37 »

I see there are no end of protests in Jockular land about Trump paying a private visit to one of his businesses for a quick break.

I also see that the Sir David Attenborough is hopefully being launched today, a boat made famous by the Boaty McBoatface voting saga.

I think we have to accept that the British public are incredibly thick and stupid, and getting orders of magnitude worse with each generation.
Grumpy old man

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: The British Public
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2018, 10:34:07 »

Except for me and thee, TB.  :y :y :y 8)

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2018, 11:53:53 »

The Trump protestors are fooking tossers!  >:(

Where were they when Erdogan of Turkey who has 50,000 political prisoners came?  ???

Where were they when the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia whose country has caused a humanitarian catastrophe in Yemen and has only just allowed women the freedom to drive?  ???

Where were they when the Commonwealth Heads of Government conference was in London, where some of these leaders criminalise homosexuality?  Yoweri Museveni of Uganda for example.  ???

Why don't they take to the streets to protest about serious human rights issues, like 'honour killings' in Pakistan or FGM in East Africa for example?  ??? ::)

I'd wager that the vast majority havn't a clue about why they are really there.  It's just trendy to jump on the Trump outrage bus and do a bit of virtual signalling!  ::)  Right on man!  :)

Tossers!  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2018, 12:59:25 »

Where were they when Erdogan of Turkey who has 50,000 political prisoners came?  ???

Where were they when the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia whose country has caused a humanitarian catastrophe in Yemen and has only just allowed women the freedom to drive?  ???

Where were they when the Commonwealth Heads of Government conference was in London, where some of these leaders criminalise homosexuality?  Yoweri Museveni of Uganda for example.  ???

Why don't they take to the streets to protest about serious human rights issues, like 'honour killings' in Pakistan or FGM in East Africa for example?  ??? ::)

I'd wager that the vast majority havn't a clue about why they are really there.  It's just trendy to jump on the Trump outrage bus and do a bit of virtual signalling!  ::)  Right on man!  :)

Agreed! :y :y

What do they think they are going to achieve anyway?!  Trump resigning?  Trump not being the Trump that the American people voted for under their electoral system?  An apologetic Trump? Trump not putting America first?

Fat chance of any of that!  In any case, although not originally a supporter of his, I now love his style; strong, unapologetic, and someone who Knows what he wants and goes out to get it! 8) 8) 8) :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2018, 13:08:45 »

If you don't accept the right for people to differ with you and the right to protest on an agenda you disagree with then you end up with the alternatives like Russia, China, DPRK, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia etc, etc where you have no rights and own nothing, it is all leased to you, including your life by the dictator and their state apparatus and any lease can be terminated without any notice or appeal at anytime. There is very little middle ground and very few countries between these two extremes, with Singapore the only one that springs to mind.

Countries like Russia flirted with the former and are now at the latter. Turkey is rapidly losing its freedom and democracy, Pakistan and India may joint them, along with the USA. Also never forget that the EEC & EU were always planned at the end of WWII as a dictatorship, by the French where they didn't and still don't trust democracy which is why the end journey of ever closer union is the EUSSR. If you think the EU being a dictatorship doesn't matter then I would suggest to study how the EU has treated Greece, where EU laws doesn't apply to the little, broke countries, if the upholding of the laws (and international law) hurts the big bullying EU countries of Germany and France economically.

This is especially true in DPRK, Iran, Syria and Saudi Arabia. This is where we were pre-1215AD and the Magna Carta with absolute rule by the monarch and his state upper class apparatus, but society and freedoms have evolved since then until we are where we are now. Personally, I think the left's absolute rights for minor minorities agenda while neglecting the majority has gone too far and is why in many ways we are where we are now, but that is another story.

The post-WWII international order is collapsing and where the West can't be bothered to defend ourselves (we also can't be bothered to breed enough to replace ourselves anymore either), so by default we will be taken over (probably without even a shot being fired) by one of the new empires, centred around China, Russia and Iran. All very nasty dictatorships, that want their big empires more than we want independence, freedom and democracy. Remainers show that 48% of the UK don't want democracy and are perfectly happy to live an ordered rule based life run as a dictatorship, until they get there of course, but by then it will be too late.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2018, 13:32:00 »

If you don't accept the right for people to differ with you and the right to protest on an agenda you disagree with then you end up with the alternatives like Russia, China, DPRK, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia etc, etc where you have no rights and own nothing.....

I didn't say that at all.  I think they are a bunch of middle class tossers out for a bit of trendy virtue signalling and they will all retire to a nice wine bar somewhere and carry on with their faux Trump outrage and feel good about themselves over a nice bottle of Prosecco.  ::)

Where did I say that they shouldn't be allowed to protest?  ???  I didn't at all!  >:( 

In fact as a believer in free speech, I'd have been outraged if the Trump protests had been banned.  It's just that I think that this is nonsense and there are better things to get outraged and protest about.  ::)

The irony is that many of those middle class leftie libtards out there don't really believe in free speech and will do their best to shout down or drown out an opposing view.  We see it every week on QT where a usually leftist/remainer panalist will do their best to talk over and interrupt someone else with a view that they don't agree with.   ::)  >:(  Nicola Sturgeon springs to mind...  :P

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2018, 13:36:31 »

If you don't accept the right for people to differ with you and the right to protest on an agenda you disagree with then you end up with the alternatives like Russia, China, DPRK, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia etc, etc where you have no rights and own nothing.....

I didn't say that at all.  I think they are a bunch of middle class tossers out for a bit of trendy virtue signalling and they will all retire to a nice wine bar somewhere and carry on with their faux Trump outrage and feel good about themselves over a nice bottle of Prosecco.  ::)

Where did I say that they shouldn't be allowed to protest?  ???  I didn't at all!  >:( 

In fact as a believer in free speech, I'd have been outraged if the Trump protests had been banned.  It's just that I think that this is nonsense and there are better things to get outraged and protest about.  ::)

The irony is that many of those middle class leftie libtards out there don't really believe in free speech and will do their best to shout down or drown out an opposing view.  We see it every week on QT where a usually leftist/remainer panalist will do their best to talk over and interrupt someone else with a view that they don't agree with.   ::)  >:(  Nicola Sturgeon springs to mind...  :P
It's a shouty world, Tigger. The silent majority have always been shat on. They usually keep their powder dry until there is an election, then the shouty people get a kick in the plums.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2018, 13:56:58 »

What do they think they are going to achieve anyway?!  Trump resigning?  Trump not being the Trump that the American people voted for under their electoral system?  An apologetic Trump? Trump not putting America first?

Fat chance of any of that!  In any case, although not originally a supporter of his, I now love his style; strong, unapologetic, and someone who Knows what he wants and goes out to get it! 8) 8) 8) :y

Do you find old ginger pubes attractive, Lizzie? :) In a physical sense?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 July 2018, 13:57:53 »

Once again Sir Tigger, fully agree!! :y :y

Rod's piece highlights the problem; you state that people are wasting their time and have their own agendas, only then for others to question your right to say that!!

"Democracy" is a strange beast, and in itself is it's on worst enemy.

By the way the Magna Carta was mainly for the interests of the Barons and the aristocracy generally, not for the peasants, so they could oppose 'bad' King John.  Although signed first in 1215 by King John, it did not become an effective part of English law until 1225.   
« Last Edit: 14 July 2018, 14:11:46 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 July 2018, 14:05:52 »

Do you find old ginger pubes attractive, Lizzie? :) In a physical sense?

Oh no, heaven forbid!!  I think he, in a personal sense, is repulsive, and the majority of women who are not after his money or power, would agree ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 July 2018, 14:25:55 »

The protesters are a tiny minority of the British public, organised by the usual rent a mob, Trotskyite wasters.
Essentially, they are protesting against Trump, because not only is he not even remotely left wing, but he doesn't even bother pretending to be.
The silent majority who don't bother with such shite, have jobs, lives etc. and go unnoticed among all this kind of Hoo-ha.  ::)
Its pathetic, but of course it is their right to do it. If people want to look stupid, let them.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 July 2018, 14:27:34 »

I'm sure his sexy young wife would have been equally attracted to Donald even if he worked as a Pizza delivery boy. ::) ::) ::) :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 July 2018, 14:55:31 »

I'm sure his sexy young wife would have been equally attracted to Donald even if he worked as a Pizza delivery boy. ::) ::) ::) :)

And if he was, she'd probably be back in her Slovenian village after her moment in the spotlight ecking out a living as a washer woman...... or something.   :-\  ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2018, 16:42:55 »

The answer to your questions is simple:

Trump delights in creating, maintaining and publicising an obnoxious, hectoring and  bullying personality. He uses the media throughout the world to do so. This seems to be the only thing he's actually good at, as it certainly isn't an efficient way to persuade people that he doesn't have any direct power over.  Or even those that he does. Your other examples are much more discreet in their 'crimes' and are below the ineffective do-gooders radar. Therefore they haven't realised the need for a parade to protect the lavender trees in Wheretheoppsisitistan

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2018, 17:11:35 »

You're surely not suggesting the Great British public are thick, are you Nick?  ???  ::)  ;D

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.